+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3899320;
    I know lots of people don't care for Derek on these boards, but I have to say, I think he is the BEST choreographer the show has ever seen, and he and Nicole together are the most enjoyable couple I've ever watched on the show. They really shine as a couple.

I also think that neither Derek nor his sister are remotely arrogant. Neither has demonstrated any sense of entitlement at all (at least not that I've seen).

They are hardworking and supportive of their partners - just like all the other dancers.

LOL Jexter - I think Derek is the MOST arrogant dancer I have ever seen on the show. I think he is so full of himself sometimes that I can hardly stand to watch him. I like Julianne though for the most part...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3899327;
    LOL Jexter - I think Derek is the MOST arrogant dancer I have ever seen on the show. I think he is so full of himself sometimes that I can hardly stand to watch him. I like Julianne though for the most part...
    Dang. These boards crack me up. The differences of opinion are soooo vast. It reinforces for me just how different humans interpret the world.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3899312;
    I forgot about Mario and Karina (and Maks and Karina!). I didn't realize Maks and Willa dated - although maybe I just forgot.

Reg. Maks and Erin and Evan and Anna.....I don't pick up on a sexual vibe between Maks/Erin but I do between Evan/Anna....kind of like if Anna weren't married and they were closer in age, something MAY happen.

I could be sooo wrong though. From some of the media reports, it appears Evan and Erin are the ones who have gotten pretty chummy.
    I think if there's any chemistry brewing this season between anyone it'll come out as being between Evan/Erin or Evan/Cheryl. They were really friendly pre-show and have been seen out and about a lot after the show.

I think Evan has a crush on Erin. They seemed pretty chummy during the group dance and for the first time I know of, he said he was sad to leave L.A. last week. But, that's definitely not much to go on, just a weird hunch...

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3899336;
    I think Evan has a crush on Erin. They seemed pretty chummy during the group dance and for the first time I know of, he said he was sad to leave L.A. last week. But, that's definitely not much to go on, just a weird hunch...
    Erin has had nothing but good things to say about Evan, and he the same. They really seemed to have developed the strongest friendship out of everyone.

Dang. These boards crack me up. The differences of opinion are soooo vast. It reinforces for me just how different humans interpret the world.
    But it makes it fun around here I blame the show more for my dislike of arrogant ringers and the Hough/Ballas quartet (if you count Corky). I just feel like Derek especially does no wrong in the judges mind. Even if he and Nicole win (and I truly believe it will happen), he will still be here, this point next season, with a partner likely no worse than Jennie and Shannon, and probably his BFF will have the designated ringer to make up for his two early exits. I notice the other pros are starting to get jabs in about having to train celebs that have no clear dance experience; and the judges have made it clear Evan is no ringer compared to Nicole.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3899269;
    Looks like they figured out how to do a 50s paso after all. That was kickass!
    That was a fantastic paso - sharp, crisp, and executed excellently - but for the life of me I can't see how that was a "50s paso." What that looked like to me was a great paso danced by a couple dressed in 50s costumes.

I think I appreciated Maks' honesty a little better. He simply said he didn't think the rhumba was any different in the 80s, so he just concentrated on the outfits for the 80s effect.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I really like Niecy for some reason (didn't know who she was before DWTS) but I don't think I want to watch her dance anymore. She's had a good run but doesn't really match the others who are left.

Just saw Erin & Maks' first dance. WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3899359;
    That was a fantastic paso - sharp, crisp, and executed excellently - but for the life of me I can't see how that was a "50s paso." What that looked like to me was a great paso danced by a couple dressed in 50s costumes.

I think I appreciated Maks' honesty a little better. He simply said he didn't think the rhumba was any different in the 80s, so he just concentrated on the outfits for the 80s effect.
    I think it was 50s in how it blended the paso with West Side Story moves, and later in the dance, how the moves turned more rockabilly once in a while. Plus Derek added little moves like slicking back his hair once in a while, and the costuming. I think it would have been a little more 50s if Nicole were dressed more like a West Side Story girl than a paso girl, but overall, I liked how the influence was subtle, but there, and it was still a paso at heart.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3899320;
    I know lots of people don't care for Derek on these boards, but I have to say, I think he is the BEST choreographer the show has ever seen, and he and Nicole together are the most enjoyable couple I've ever watched on the show. They really shine as a couple.

I also think that neither Derek nor his sister are remotely arrogant. Neither has demonstrated any sense of entitlement at all (at least not that I've seen).

They are hardworking and supportive of their partners - just like all the other dancers.
    I'm not knocking Derek's skills as a choreographer or dancer, nor have I ever. But all of these pros are phenominal and, with the right partner, can definitely show what they're made of. Derek's never had a difficult partner, dance wise, to choreograph for. Anna is showing new sides of her this season because she has a more competent dancer in Evan, Maks is able to choreograph better routines with Erin over Debi and Denise, and so on. I don't know of any pro that has ever been disrespectful to their partner, except maybe Karina, aside from the few fights here and there. All the pros seem to really want to showcase themselves and their world the best they can. I'm sure it's overly frustrating to be someone like Tony and Edyta, who've been on this show a long time, have yet to win, and typically get partners that they know are an early exit. As I've said all season, what a feeling it must be to be Derek/Nicole. I'm tired of him, tired of the Hough/Ballas pimping, the judges 'can do no wrong-never seen anything like it-here's 10s for showing up' gushing starting week 1, Derek never having any sort of difficult partner (and before anyone says Joanna Krupa, I'm sure Jonathan would have gladly swapped his 3rd first ouster in a row with Macy for 4th place with Joanna), breaking rules but still getting high marks, his gimmicks, OTT mugging-I can't even get enjoyment out of watching their performances. Nicole is a diva with attitude. I don't like her. I'm only watching their paso because everyone said how good it was, but will skip their foxtrot. Regardless of everyone thinking Evan has this in the bag, I'm still expecting them to pull off a "surprise" Nicole win. They want ringers? Fine, then get 11 of them, and while they're at it, make sure they all have ballroom experience. It's not like it really matters.

Actually, I think I may just skip everyone's performances but Evan and Erin. They're the only two I'm enjoying.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-11-2010 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3899359;

I think that's the whole point of era dancing. Just the music and costumes, and I guess creating the mood that you're in that decade. But I don't really know, unless they were instructed otherwise, that they have to actually have dance moves from that decade.

And no matter who you're voting for, just vote, vote, vote! Anything can happen. Niecy's stuck around two weeks longer than I expected. So she'll definitely have her fans out in full force tonight.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-11-2010 at 12:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread