+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 5/04 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/04 Results Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I voted for Niecy Nash, I would be sad and bored if she left, she's SO funny throughout the show, so I'm thrilled she made it through, although I hope she will move into the final three, I don't think that's likely...but I will be supporting her as long as she's on the show!

I'm actually surprised that Pam got axed, wasn't quite expecting that, although her dance isn't up to snuff, i wouldve guess she had a huge fanbase...

I can't forget to watch Jimmy Kimmel tonight to see how Pam is taking it, also to find out more about her injury (hopefully).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3893993;
    ABC loves Mel! Easy for me to say since I am a Mel Fan!
    Count me as a Mel fan also. I wish she would have gotten the cohost job over Brooke.

FORT Fogey

I missed tonight's show but did see a snippet of Melissa's segment.

She is a natural for these kinds of clips, I think, and I think she'll manage to be one of the few reality starts who makes a living in Hollywood on the heels of a reality show.

Unlike Kate, she seems to appreciate what she gets - rather than expect it.

Still, I'm a little burnt on her from the Bachelor and DWTS. I'd be just fine if she weren't on DWTS anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3894176;
    I voted for Niecy Nash, I would be sad and bored if she left, she's SO funny throughout the show, so I'm thrilled she made it through, although I hope she will move into the final three, I don't think that's likely...but I will be supporting her as long as she's on the show!

I'm actually surprised that Pam got axed, wasn't quite expecting that, although her dance isn't up to snuff, i wouldve guess she had a huge fanbase...
    Wow - Pam's gone?! I would've thought that she had enough of a fanbase with PETA constantly putting up a weekly blog to get her votes and then of course "Baywatch."

That said, I am glad that Niecy is through because watching the dancing yesterday I felt that Pam was the weaker of the two dancers. I don't think Niecy will be around longer than a week or two, as she's the weaker of the dancers left; however, it's good that she wasn't eliminated on a week that she had her best dance yet.

Pam looked a little teary eyed before all was said and done. I felt badly about her leaving as it should be Neicy if you were to vote on dancing ability. Pam's greatest strengths for me lay in her ability to portray characters and her willingness to work. I didn't start out as a fan, but I became quite impressed.
    I'm getting so tired of Neicy. I'm closer to her size than Erin's, but still her jiggly jokes are getting on my last nerve!
    I hope and pray that, as some have already mentioned, Erin/Maks see a voter surge from this close call. I won't get my dream final three of Evan, Erin and Pam, but I can still hope for two out of the three!
    Oh, and about Melissa R., she must still have a lot of fans (I'm one of 'em) because ABC continues to use her. If you were in her shoes, would you turn the opportunity down?

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3893914;
    I know, but he made it up.
    So did....

Muhammad Ali

I was sorry to see Pamela go tonight. I'll be sorry to see anyone go at this point, but Chad is safe for another week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3894121;
    TY, chrisg and karalott. karalott you crack me up about Melissa, I know you don't like her but I do (although not a fangirl).

I often forget to mention that I love Louis, too, and Dimitry and Lacey (when she's not sticking her tongue out in that heavy metal thing she does or whatever it is). I know it's off-topic but I loved that dance that she did barefoot in a past season; I don't even remember who her partner was now; that was when I softened up to her. Even though she pushed the envelope for this show (and I usually like those with a rebellious or non-conforming nature), I love creativity and expression.

In case I'm not making sense, which is likely , since this show is not a formal BR dance show/competition, I really like those that dance outside the box. But even though it's not a formal BR dance show/competition, I recognize that many viewers think it is, and they want the dancers in that box.
    I'm glad you don't get offended by people not liking Melissa. Sometimes people can get really defensive if someone even thinks a negative thought about their favorite, but we all have our faves and there will be those that don't like them (I'm sure somewhere the anti-Maks troops were hoping to see him get eliminated just so they could stick it to him and hope he had a meltdown). I was thinking about the pro dances tonight, and how I wish we got more variety in who returns to dance. There could always be a reason why certain pros are back every week (Karina said they kept asking her at the last minute and her schedule was always booked), but anyway, on the subject of Melissa, I wonder why they can't find some other DWTS alumni to fill in on these filler segments. Of course I never pay attention so it really doesn't matter to me But it kind of fits with both, why not more variety? I always see a lot of DWTS alums in the audience. Only ones I don't want to see touched are Jerry Rice and Kenny Mayne for Dance Center (which I think is next week!)

The barefoot rumba partner you're thinking of is Lance. Lacey I've just never warmed up to, though funny enough the one season I did enjoy her was with Steve-O but something about her just bugs. Dmitry I find boring but think he's a really sweet guy and not bad to look at I don't mind out of the box routines, because I'd rather see a really entertaining performance than one that's strictly by the rules and boring. However, I also don't go for the couples who purposely break the rules, really go outside the box for the props and gimmicks, and then get all upset and whine when the judges call them out. It's like with Len, everyone knows he doesn't like that stuff, yet there's always the same reaction from people when he points out that they spent too much time focused on the props and all that junk. I know it's not a strictly ballroom competition, but I think there needs to be respect for the process and the show. But like I've always thought: TV show first, popularity contest second, and the actual dancing takes third. Given how the judges score and critique, it also depends what they're looking for or how they view a couple.

OK - because of all of this, if Erin & Maks do well next week, my tendency would be to give all of my votes to them. BUT if a lot of us do this, are we going to hurt Evan? I would hate for that to happen. I really don't know what to do.
    This? I have no idea. I really think Evan, Nicole, and Chad are going to do the best in terms of fan votes but wonder if a true shocker happened, could Nicole or Evan get the boot? Somehow I doubt it. I think the "era dancing" theme next week might knock a few couples down, because they'll have to get into the theme of whatever dance they're doing and incorporate it into the routine without straying from the basics. So if the judges want, they can be picky. Even with Clean House and Reno 911, is Niecy really that popular? I do think it'll be a shame if she outlasts anyone left. Pam's a minor exception, but the others totally dance circles around her. I love Louis so I'm happy for him. I think given the dances certain couples haven't done, I think that's going to benefit Erin, Evan, and Nicole next week because they have some better styles to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3894212;
    Oh, and about Melissa R., she must still have a lot of fans (I'm one of 'em) because ABC continues to use her. If you were in her shoes, would you turn the opportunity down?
    JMO, but I think that Melissa has successfully made the move from "reality" TV to mainstream TV, based upon her talent and appeal to the general masses. In my mind, that's very different than Jake's attempted crossover from TB to DWTS.

What I mean is, TB/ette is "reality" TV, DWTS is entertainment TV and a single season/partial season gig, and GMA is mainstream TV (viewed by many more than DWTS) and is closer to a news program than an entertainment program.

Melissa is so much more down-to-earth and full of personality than Jake (sorry, Jake!). He reminds me of Jason, in a way (remember that TV relationship advice gig that Jason had or whatever it was...ack!!! worst nightmare, Jason giving relationship advice!).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3;3894201;
    Count me as a Mel fan also. I wish she would have gotten the cohost job over Brooke.
    Oh, please!! That would turn a lot of people off. I'm not the only one who has questioned, why she's being promoted so. She has, and is, getting her fair share of fame since the Bachelor Show. There are other former bachlorettes who'd have been just as good for DWTS.

+ Reply to Thread