+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 5/03 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/03 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

^^^ Pam has feet? I hadn't noticed.

Kidding aside, it's gonna be tough to see any of these people go tonight. We're finally down to the point where they are all contenders, all fun to watch.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3893309;
    1) I think Evan should have gotten the top spot alone, as Nicole will probably re-claim it by herself next week.
    2) The look on her face tonight, I don't know, it was off putting. It just looked really overconfident to the point of arrogant.
    Last night was the first time I witnessed what some would term the "rigging" of the show. The individual dances had the individual couples lined up in the proper order: Evan, Erin, Nicole, Chad, Niecy, Pam. Some would arguably put Nicole ahead of Erin (maybe she was, I can't remember her score). Fine. Evan, though, deserved number 1 all by himself. Sadly, the team dance pulled good dancers down and elevated poor dancers. Unless, of course, the leader board was determined prior to the scoring. You can give Evan a 30 (well-deserved and an upset of the crowned-diva Nicole) but still keep him tied with Nicole. Give Pam the lowest individual score but then bump her ahead of Niecy, who was given a 9, by pairing her with the GaGa team.

Frustrating.

Weekly, Nicole grates on my nerves. Every week, CA and Bruno's comments solidify my opinion that Nicole should not be there. To say, "You danced almost as Derek's equal/You are the best dancer we've ever had," proves that Nicole is heads and shoulders above the competition WITHOUT room to grow. They reach to find fault, and they fall all over her, including Len's "I can't wait to see your cha-cha." My interpretation of their reaction to their scores was surprise that they did not receive 10s. They act entitled. While very talented, she and Derek do not epitomize the show's initial intent: to GROW and develop as a dancer.

Tonight's show will be nerve-wracking. Part of me thinks that an unexpected B2 is in the works, including possibly Evan/Anna or Erin/Maks. Perhaps it's legitimate, or depending on the show's plans for F3, it's meant to kick-start that group's voting base.

It just won't hold the same verve if Evan, Erin, even Niecy were to leave. They bring humor and fun.

Fingers and toes crossed

Who picked which dancers would be paired together in the dance off? Was it the judges, or it just a random draw?

Even though Niecy did well in her dance with Louie, IMO she is still the weakest dancer. I thought that Evan was great last night. You could tell that he worked so hard to capture the essence of the dance. He had to show a side of himself that did not involve any ballet moves and twirling motions that he incorporates into his skating. He really listens to Anna. Evan IS improving and takes all the criticism each week as a challenge.

I sure hope that Evan is safe, and I hope that people did throw votes his way even though he was tied at the top with Nicole. I honestly don't know, though, because I am afraid that there is going be a shock tonight. I just hope that the ones who truly deserve to stay are safe tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3893482;
    Who picked which dancers would be paired together in the dance off? Was it the judges, or it just a random draw?

I honestly don't know, though, because I am afraid that there is going be a shock tonight. I just hope that the ones who truly deserve to stay are safe tonight.
    Hi, Longhornfan

Per Maks' blog, I guess Evan and Nicole were selected as Team Captains since they were the highest scoring overall this season. Evan deferred to Nicole on a coin toss to pick between first teammate and song. Nicole picked song, Telephone. Evan then picked Erin/Maks as teammates. I'm not sure who was picked next by Nicole, but it shook out that Niecy was with Evan's team.

Team Gaga had Nicole, Derek and Cheryl's choreography, a great song, and regular rehearsals (I assume since the three teams were in LA for the week). Team Madonna struggled with poor song choice, a separated team (one in NY, one in MI, one in LA), and a weaker dancer (Niecy).

I, too, am concerned about tonight. At this point, I think, anything can happen, unless the producer's finnegle things towards their own ending. I did notice that they toned down the romance angle with Erin and Maks despite Cheryl and Ocho's being in full focus.

At this point, I don't see Pam and Nicole improving. Nicole is just Nicole, and while Pam tries, I think her fanbase keeps her in the competition, not her technical dance skills.

I agree that Pam most likely has peaked, but I think that her throwing herself into her dances is what is most joyful about watching her. And we don’t’ get rehearsal footage of her being negative at all – I actually enjoyed the animal segment they did with her last night. I suspect they want to keep her and are doing their best to get the viewers on board with her staying… I don’t need the extra to know I want to see her dance another week.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I went with my Mom to a "ladies who lunch" type of thing today. Most women there were late, late 60's to 80's. DWTS came up during the discussion. None of them go to forums, in fact none of them knew they existed. Here's their perceptions:

They all thought Kate Gosselin was horrible. 100% Consensus is that Niecy is going home tonight. Several couldn't believe that "that adorable, sexy charmer Jake went home". Many are hoping he'll pursue Hollywood. I mentioned that he wasn't that popular and many people online think he's cheesy. You'd have thought I had at least 3 heads from the looks I got!

Most of them LOVE Nicole and Derek. Several of the women adore Derek. I mentioned about thinking of Nicole as a "ringer" and Derek having his fair share of non-likers. Again I was not very popular.

The next popular couple are Evan and Anna. Evan is just totally respected.

Max. ALL these ladies (including me) drool over Max. I jokingly said, "I'd hit that" figuring they'd not get it - but a chorus of "yeah, me too!" was what I got!

No one said anything about Pam or Chad.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3893658;
    I went with my Mom to a "ladies who lunch" type of thing today. Most women there were late, late 60's to 80's. DWTS came up during the discussion. None of them go to forums, in fact none of them knew they existed. Here's their perceptions:

They all thought Kate Gosselin was horrible. 100% Consensus is that Niecy is going home tonight. Several couldn't believe that "that adorable, sexy charmer Jake went home". Many are hoping he'll pursue Hollywood. I mentioned that he wasn't that popular and many people online think he's cheesy. You'd have thought I had at least 3 heads from the looks I got!

Most of them LOVE Nicole and Derek. Several of the women adore Derek. I mentioned about thinking of Nicole as a "ringer" and Derek having his fair share of non-likers. Again I was not very popular.

Max. ALL these ladies (including me) drool over Max. I jokingly said, "I'd hit that" figuring they'd not get it - but a chorus of "yeah, me too!" was what I got!

Interesting. My 80-something year old MIL said almost the identical things. The thing about this demographic is, I don't think they vote!

That's hilarious!

Let's hope that the lunch ladies vote Maks into the finals

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3893488;
    Hi, Longhornfan

Per Maks' blog, I guess Evan and Nicole were selected as Team Captains since they were the highest scoring overall this season. Evan deferred to Nicole on a coin toss to pick between first teammate and song. Nicole picked song, Telephone. Evan then picked Erin/Maks as teammates. I'm not sure who was picked next by Nicole, but it shook out that Niecy was with Evan's team.

Team Gaga had Nicole, Derek and Cheryl's choreography, a great song, and regular rehearsals (I assume since the three teams were in LA for the week). Team Madonna struggled with poor song choice, a separated team (one in NY, one in MI, one in LA), and a weaker dancer (Niecy).

I, too, am concerned about tonight. At this point, I think, anything can happen, unless the producer's finnegle things towards their own ending. I did notice that they toned down the romance angle with Erin and Maks despite Cheryl and Ocho's being in full focus.

At this point, I don't see Pam and Nicole improving. Nicole is just Nicole, and while Pam tries, I think her fanbase keeps her in the competition, not her technical dance skills.
    Thanks!!

Actually, .

Thanks for sharing that. LOL@the ladies! And thanks for being brave enough to face them for us.

They thought Kate was horrible, in general (personality, demeanor, etc.), or just at dancing?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread