+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3889198;
    I like my pros happy and none of them seem to be. Also, they don't talk this season. The celebs do most of the talking, It was depressing seeing Tony have to compose himself so much and keep soldiering on. I mean it's fine to have a not so good dancer but there was just that depressing vibe that Kate brought to the show and spread around.. It was better this week because he got to dance with Chelsea and that was really great to watch. Many of the celebs seem to be making their pros miserable this season except Evan that is. It seems there is a lot of phony-ness, too if that's a word, lol. The phony happy to be fat Niecy, the phony I'm so in love with my future wife Jake, the phony Chad, I mean really, renames himself Ochocinco.....yawn.....Erin, I'm just a big tomboy who can't stop talking, Pam, who seems to be irritating her teacher with the constant writhing..sometimes she looks like she really just has to pee. I don't see that guy smile very often. I hope he doesn't come back next season. I think it would have been way more fun if Shannen and Mark could have stayed on a little longer, makes you wonder if Kate had gone first and then Buzz, at least they would have had three dances and I think that Mark is fun to watch and does good choreo and at least another contender would have given it more interest.
    You don't think Maks is happy? He's got a partner who challenges him, and they have fantastic chemistry. From what I see and read from Maks, I would bet he's happier with someone who stands up to him and is somewhat of a perfectionist than with someone who is the opposite. I just get the feeling he's having a good time.

watching maks get frustrated with Erin (which is most likely more in fun) i have to wonder how he would've managed with kate.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3889420;
    watching maks get frustrated with Erin (which is most likely more in fun) i have to wonder how he would've managed with kate.
    LOL, check-out his face whenever he's asked about her. He can't hide anything. I get the feeling that Maks is very protective and loyal to his dear friends among whom is Tony. Though Tony was nothing but gracious and kind, I'm sure in private he was filling Maks' ear with all kinds of frustration. It was just wonderful to see Tony be able to fully let loose and dance with Chelsea this week

As for unhappy pros, not sure as this is my first season. By now, I imagine that they're more friends than just student/teacher. Add to that the editing aspects of creating a package. I wonder, too, if the show's structure or even favoritism or whatever other behind-the-scenes stuff plays into their overall happiness.

To me, everyone seems happy and goofy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3889431;
    LOL, check-out his face whenever he's asked about her. He can't hide anything. I get the feeling that Maks is very protective and loyal to his dear friends among whom is Tony. Though Tony was nothing but gracious and kind, I'm sure in private he was filling Maks' ear with all kinds of frustration. It was just wonderful to see Tony be able to fully let loose and dance with Chelsea this week

As for unhappy pros, not sure as this is my first season. By now, I imagine that they're more friends than just student/teacher. Add to that the editing aspects of creating a package. I wonder, too, if the show's structure or even favoritism or whatever other behind-the-scenes stuff plays into their overall happiness.

To me, everyone seems happy and goofy.
    Good-looking and talented he is, but Maks is also volatile and characteristically temperamental. We are sympathetic and are cutting Maks a wide path because we saw the number that Karina did on him ( and it was bad ), but we still remember that Maks can be incredibly - and I mean incredibly - arrogant.
    I used to say that I loved to look at Maks, and I enjoyed watching him dance....as long as he kept his mouth shut!

The season that Melissa filled in 3 days before the Premiere for Tony's partner who broke her leg, it was Maks who was immediately shouting "Ringer" to the media as loud as he could against his best buddy who was at least getting a chance to dance for the season. When he did, then the Houghs jumped in with the statement that Melissa "danced like a pro" - which of course she did not as was proven; however, Maks in his arrogancy took a stab at his best bud who otherwise would not have been able to pro a celeb for the season.

However, you are right in that Maks and Tony are reported to be best friends.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3889656;
    Good-looking and talented he is, but Maks is also volatile and characteristically temperamental. We are sympathetic and are cutting Maks a wide path because we saw the number that Karina did on him ( and it was bad ), but we still remember that Maks can be incredibly - and I mean incredibly - arrogant.
    I used to say that I loved to look at Maks, and I enjoyed watching him dance....as long as he kept his mouth shut!

The season that Melissa filled in 3 days before the Premiere for Tony's partner who broke her leg, it was Maks who was immediately shouting "Ringer" to the media as loud as he could against his best buddy who was at least getting a chance to dance for the season. When he did, then the Houghs jumped in with the statement that Melissa "danced like a pro" - which of course she did not as was proven; however, Maks in his arrogancy took a stab at his best bud who otherwise would not have been able to pro a celeb for the season.

However, you are right in that Maks and Tony are reported to be best friends.
    I agree with almost everything you said. Maks is great to look at but there have been times when his mouth made me dislike him. It helped when I read him saying that the arrogance he portrays has as much to do with how he was trained behave as a competitor. I also think the show likes to use him to stir things up because controversy = ratings. Even knowing that, he still can be too much.
    As far as the Melissa Rycroft "ringer" claims: I thought I was the only one to remember that. Maks was pretty rude about it and Derek, too. It's funny when the shoe is on the other foot, right Derek?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3889656;
    Bloomers, I 100% respect your input always I'm not a regular DWTS viewer; ashamed to say that I watched the first night just to see what Jake had in him. My attention was quickly diverted to Maks

Like all reality shows, there's probably just as much behind-the-scenes hijinks as on the Bach.

At the moment, I'm in full on crush mode with Maks. So I like to have someone pull my head out of the clouds. I've seen videos pop up of Maks and Karina when I watched him and Mel B's youtubes, but I have no clue about them.

I'm not sure if Maks is really arrogant as I've only seen him with Erin who puts him in his place. He did puff out his chest A LOT in post-show interviews after his samba.

Still,

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3889671;
    As far as the Melissa Rycroft "ringer" claims: I thought I was the only one to remember that. Maks was pretty rude about it and Derek, too. It's funny when the shoe is on the other foot, right Derek?
    Glad you wrote this about Derek. It was going to be my response to Bloomers' post about him jumping on Maks' bandwagon (alllll aboard!). They both had ringers at one point: Maks had Mel B, Derek now has Nicole.

I 10000000% agree with you regarding Maks and hype. This week, how many articles or tabloid shows posted video of a controversy between Maks and Len? Maks' post-show interviews about his samba and his dance training and his world champions and his X, Y and Z had me laughing. His ego is definitely inflated, bigger than his bicep. But, I love it ;0

I'll confess I haven't watched more than a few seasons of DWTS because it all seems to depend on whether I'm really interested in and pulling for one of the contestants (and there are some seasons where I've never even heard of a lot of the *stars*). I'm a huge Evan fan, so he's the reason I'm watching this time.

But I was trying to remember all of the really bad dancers I've seen, and once you separate out those who are totally out of their element (Woz) or in their later years (Buzz and Cloris), I'm thinking the worst are those who have fallen into fame through no effort of their own (Kate, Holly Madison) and have no concept that success requires commitment and a strong work ethic. I'm not a Jake fan because I think he's cheesy and fake, but he worked hard on his dancing and I admire that. Same with Chad and Erin.

Maks can be a tempermental jerk. Great dancer but kinda an ahole at times. I thought going after Mel for being a ringer when she was paired with Tony was low. And the Houghs calling anyone out is a joke. Derek has gotten more ringers than Tony and Maks combined. And Julieanne hasn't suffered much either comparatively. They are DWTS Golden Children.

Tony hadn't had anyone even remotely decent in years. Maks had Mel B who was a huge ringer and Tony kept his mouth shut and cheered his friend. Maks should have done the same. Erin admits to dancing her whole life, Nicole is Class A Ringer, and Evan whom I adore has dance too. Tony had Kate but still never complained. I did vote Maks with Mel B but I won't vote Maks this season. He and Erin bore me. The romance schtick is played out now. I'll vote Pam. She deserves to go far and I think she needs the fan support most. I will throw some to Evan down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3889925;
    Erin admits to dancing her whole life, Nicole is Class A Ringer, and Evan whom I adore has dance too. .
    I thought Erin was a cheerleader? That's more gymnastics than dance. And did Evan have dance in addtion to his skating? I'm not saying they're not both talented athletes, but I don't thnk either one has danced lately. Nicole definitely has the advantage. Even though she hasn't had ballroom dancing, she has danced on stage and put out a dance video. And it has been recent.

+ Reply to Thread