+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3888541;
    I have never seen a grown man cry so hard for something so superficial as losing a dance contest. These kinds of tears usually come from having suffered a real tragedy - like the death of a loved one. Jake is not playing with a full deck of cards here. Either that or he is auditioning for some acting gigs. No normal person would have acted the way he did last night. The only thing missing was a balcony for him to cry over.
    So is it a half-Mesnick if there’s no balcony?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3888202;
    Did she really say that? Maybe I'm interpreting it incorrectly but I took it to mean she wanted to stay in LA for fame, etc. I don't believe she ever said she wasn't going to TX but that someone put that quote there trying to be funny. Jake has an agent now so not so sure he goes back now anyway.
    Vienna has family in LA? And here I thought they were all on the redneck compound in that alligator swamp in Florida?

Jake might have some 'splainin' to do viz. that extemporaneous "I love you" comment to Chelsie. I know he probably meant platonically, but when a guy cries while saying "I love you" I always assume somebody is breaking up/getting dumped. The daggers that flew out of Vienna's overly mascaraed eyes toward the stage portended some major backpedaling from Jake, even though he managed to get 'my beautiful fiancee to Vienna' in his soggy goodbye. Gee, Jake is the only one who thinks Vienna's good lookin', isn't he, cuz all that hot-tubbing + alcohol has pickled his brain and/or eyes.

I do not really care for Jake as a human being, but I was pleasantly surprised at his dancing ability. He really really tried his best and deserves kudos. If I hadn't seen his unfortunate show prior to DWTS I would have liked him better. Watching him preen on Jimmy Kimmel 'bout made me lose my late-night snack. He can think what he wants to about his own abs--they don't hold a candle to either Maks' or Evan's!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3888561;
    So is it a half-Mesnick if there’s no balcony?
    My money's on Jake trying to get some kind of acting career started . . .with his plastic good looks and great teeth, he'd probably do well on a soap. I call him "Flight Instructor Ken" and I think it suits.

Even though he was a hundred times more articulate and personable on this program than he was on his own, I don't think he's got much intellect or character. Photogenic? Undoubtedly (though not my type--I'm more a Maks gal here!) His choice of fiancee told me all I needed to know about Jake and that warn't good.

I was sorry to see him go though--he did exemplify the spirit of the competition, which is seeing a non-athlete-non-dancer-non-perfomer give his all to this enterprise and do amazingly well. I always feel worse for the pros than I do the celebs at elimination time because for the celebs it's just a publicity stunt but for the pros, they are out of a job. In that light, I'm glad Louis is staying for at least another week. Niecy is not very good, but I do enjoy seeing the way those two have bonded over the weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3888503;
    Perhaps this has been discussed, but did anyone notice that Chad & Cheryl were going in for a full kiss when they were announced as safe, but Cheryl abruptly turned her head. They almost got caught!
    Actually I construed that as Ocho going in for the smooch (hoping) and Cheryl deflecting him with the head turn and the 'buddy-pat' (deathly!)

I get the vibe that Cheryl is taken, or perhaps just too smart to fall for his charms. Chad is quite the playa, is he not? Anyway, I'm a newbie to the show but a friend told me that Cheryl and Apolo Ohno were/are an item? Anyone care to comment on that?

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3888646;

Anyway, I'm a newbie to the show but a friend told me that Cheryl and Apolo Ohno were/are an item? Anyone care to comment on that?
    Not true. He's still very much single and has been on the road taking to school kids since the Olympics. He & Julianne are still good buds though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn up together professionally in some capacity.

so glad Joke errr Jake is gone. Hopefully he stays off my t.v. I don't want to see him make an appearance on Ali's season and I do not want him to be on the bachelor pad
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

DWTS ratings were down last night to around 11 million viewers. AI had 17.75million, so in DWTS will come out on top again this week for Monday's show.

I know the finale of DWTS is May 24th (?) but when is the finale of AI? Just wondered if they'll be running the same week.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3888938;
    DWTS ratings were down last night to around 11 million viewers. AI had 17.75million, so in DWTS will come out on top again this week for Monday's show.

I know the finale of DWTS is May 24th (?) but when is the finale of AI? Just wondered if they'll be running the same week.
    Hi Karalott.

AI ends Wed, 5/26

Looks like DWTS will end Tues, 5/25.

Same week.

I ordered tickets for DWTS a while back and I hope I get them by the finale.
    Have a feeling, though, I may not get them 'til next season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think I would cry if I lost DWTS and that is the difference between us non-actors and the others who have performance experience. KWIM?

I like my pros happy and none of them seem to be. Also, they don't talk this season. The celebs do most of the talking, It was depressing seeing Tony have to compose himself so much and keep soldiering on. I mean it's fine to have a not so good dancer but there was just that depressing vibe that Kate brought to the show and spread around.. It was better this week because he got to dance with Chelsea and that was really great to watch. Many of the celebs seem to be making their pros miserable this season except Evan that is. It seems there is a lot of phony-ness, too if that's a word, lol. The phony happy to be fat Niecy, the phony I'm so in love with my future wife Jake, the phony Chad, I mean really, renames himself Ochocinco.....yawn.....Erin, I'm just a big tomboy who can't stop talking, Pam, who seems to be irritating her teacher with the constant writhing..sometimes she looks like she really just has to pee. I don't see that guy smile very often. I hope he doesn't come back next season. I think it would have been way more fun if Shannen and Mark could have stayed on a little longer, makes you wonder if Kate had gone first and then Buzz, at least they would have had three dances and I think that Mark is fun to watch and does good choreo and at least another contender would have given it more interest.

+ Reply to Thread