+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I heard Jake is up for a new series "The dancing maverick". Is this a show he will be doing in Canada? Does anyone know anything about this?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3888285;
    I heard Jake is up for a new series "The dancing maverick". Is this a show he will be doing in Canada? Does anyone know anything about this?
    Oh I so hope you're joking. I don't get the Canada reference either. I just heard Jake say he didn't think anything could ever be more wonderful than DWTS. Well maybe, you know, meeting your life partner, huh Jake? What a relief that he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3888285;
    Funny you should mention that - he did mention being a maverick in his PI tonight LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Regular

Goodbye Jake!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3888256;
    Can I just say how gorgeous Edyta and Alec were tonight? They're pure poetry to watch. Now if Jonathan and Anna perform anything like they did last season, I'll be extremely happy!
    Edyta is so gorgeous as it is, and I always love Tom's little snippets after her dances. But the chemistry when she dances with her husband (along with Jonathan/Anna dancing together) is almost mesmerizing. Edyta had tweeted that Melissa requested her and Alec to dance so what an honor that is.

I figured Jake would be going tonight.
    I actually enjoyed watching him a lot more than Niecy. Sorry, but her personality is grating, over the top and not funny, at all, to me.

Glad to see that Pam was not in the B2.
    Mellissa was great tonight and I loved seeing Alec and Edyta. Talk about sexual heat on the dance floor.

There seem to be server problems onthe site again tonight. I couldn't read half of the comments, so hopefully I'll get to see them tomoroow.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by acb2009;3888284;
    What?!?! How did I miss that? I don't post much, but love, love, love to read SDL's comments. Can someone tell me what happened? Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it in the thread.
    SDL sadly passed away. It's been a few weeks now. He had been battling illness for some time. He was a beloved poster who was able to get some inside info and always shared it with us. He was a lawyer and loved what he did. I miss and heart him.

Jake will be in Canada this weekend. Maybe that is why he gave them a shout out.

The National Women's Show - National Event Management

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3888309;
    SDL sadly passed away. It's been a few weeks now. He had been battling illness for some time. He was a beloved poster who was able to get some inside info and always shared it with us. He was a lawyer and loved what he did. I miss and heart him.
    RIP SDL. You seemed like a straight shooter and a really good guy. I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better. I always enjoyed your posts and your insights. I, for one, will miss you greatly.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3888262;
    I was thinking the same thing.

And to echo what others were saying-- I too was totally lost on the Canada thank you's. Chelsie's not from Canada, I don't think. So what that was about, I have no idea. Perhaps he'll move there and muck up their television programs. Not that I wish that fate on Canadians, but as long as he's off my TV screen, I'm going to be a little selfish at this point!

I do generally agree with you, but to be fair to Buzz, his departure came at a very crucial time in terms of the space program. Without boring everyone with the details, the big Obama speech/funding announcements were coming up very soon at that point, and Buzz and others were fighting for the Space Program's life, essentially. I was glad he was out there promoting it. Didn't help much though, unfortunately. So yes, I thought he should've thanked Ashly more, but I also understood why he was more focused on the Space Program discussion. Jake on the other hand... Well, Jake's concerned with fame and diddly squat else, IMO. I have no kind words or explanations for that man.
    Working for NASA is something you don't forget. I worked at JSC in Houston for 2 1/2 years on Dr. Gilruth's staff during the first moon landing. Dr. Gilruth was the Center Director of JSC. My husband was an Air Force flight controller. I have never forgotten what an emotional time that was. My husband and I returned to Houston in 1983 and I worked at JSC until I retired 20 years later and always felt it was a very, very special place to work. Our Space Program will always have a very special place in my heart and probably even more so in Buzz Aldrin's heart.

+ Reply to Thread