+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 61 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Erin Andrews

PARTNER: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

PROFESSION: Sportscaster

BACKGROUND: She's normally on the sidelines calling the action. Now she’s bringing her A-game to the dance floor!

Since joining ESPN in 2004, Erin Andrews has become one of the most well-known sports reporters in the country. Having begun her career at ESPN as a reporter for the network’s NHL coverage, Erin has served as a reporter for ESPN College Football Saturday telecasts, Saturday Primetime college basketball games and Big Ten college basketball coverage.

In 2005, she began reporting from the sidelines of the ESPN College Football Primetime series on Thursday nights and added Major League Baseball sideline reporting to her responsibilities, including the Monday Night Baseball telecasts.

Erin has been a reporter on ESPN’s College World Series telecasts since 2005 and has worked ABC’s coverage of the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a reporter since 2008.

A native of Lewiston, Maine, Erin graduated from the University of Florida where she was a member of the Gators’ basketball dance team from 1997-2000. Old habits must die hard because Erin is dancing once again. We can’t wait to see how far Erin will go as she leaves the sidelines behind to take center stage on Dancing with the Stars!

ABC.com - Meet the Stars
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

We know some of you are having trouble accessing the original thread for this couple, so we've started a new one.

Please be sure to read the announcement in the forum for an explanation.

Thank you
    "That's Numberwang!"

It will be interesting to see the show tonight. As usual, I thought Erin did a great job. I'm glad Bruno stood up to Len about the choreography of the dance. Then I read in the Show Discussion thread about Maks' comments. I'm one who admires him for speaking up. Sometimes, I don't know how some of the pros "hold their tongues"! The judging has been all over the place, and to me, it's obvious who the judges want to stay on the show.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I understood what Len was saying. However, I didn't think it applied to these two. Maks is usually one of the last pros who ever gets gimmick heavy unless it's a freestyle or, like the last two weeks, it called for it. Dance wise Erin did a fabulous job, and Len didn't seem to take any of that into account. But it's not like they could score them lower than the guy who almost fell, barely danced, and still got a 7 I'm always nervous for these two and tonight is no exception. I feel like Jake and Pam will get the votes to go through, even if it's barely. So I think it could come down to Niecy and Erin. 3 hours and 8 minutes to worry until showtime.

FORT Regular

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is a hypocrite, he gets mad at Jake for taking his pants off, which is an iconic scene in Risky Business, and then the next week takes his shirt off for no reason. I can't stand Maks' arrogance, he thinks he is better than everyone and should be rewarded, when in fact Erin is not a great dancer.

I'm hoping to see Erin and Maks get the encore dance this week - they should've gotten it last week.

Erin isn't a great dancer, but Erin has the potential to be a great dancer, just like Pam and Chad. that's why I enjoy the show, for the Pams, Erins and Chads. I enjoy watching the ringers too since it's nice to watch great dancing.

the lopsided scoring is old and is enough that I'm really not looking forward to tonight's show.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by refrigerator;3887737;
    Maksim Chmerkovskiy is a hypocrite, he gets mad at Jake for taking his pants off, which is an iconic scene in Risky Business, and then the next week takes his shirt off for no reason. I can't stand Maks' arrogance, he thinks he is better than everyone and should be rewarded, when in fact Erin is not a great dancer.
    I posted very much the same last night.
    I just think people, pros and celebs, should think first before making their comments. Maks' comments will end up hurting Erin.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Erin isn't in any trouble tonight. She won't be in B2. She will prob get encore as she's never had it before.

Evan, Jake, Pam and Nicole have each gotten encore dances, Erin has not, and I would've loved to have her last week's dance without the nerves. I don't understand the judges wanting to see jake in his underwear again.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by refrigerator;3887737;
    We could look at it as both were wrong or both were right. They were both wrong for taking off any clothes, or they were both right for doing what was appropriate for the dance.

To the first point, clothes off can be seen as a gimmick to up the entertainment value and/or increase votes. For me, it does both (though Maks shirtless is preferred). Since it's a gimmick, in Len's eyes, it takes away from the dance. I agree that, when compared with the Samba's that Maks is capable of choreographing, this one wasn't quite up to snuff. Erin did, however, prove to the audience, to the judges, and to Maks that she can handle the pressure and more difficult choreography, so let's hope the correction helps.

To the other side of things, they--Jake and Maks--were both right for bearing some skin. Jake taking his pants off invoked the Risky Business scene. Fine. Maks taking his shirt off was not only part of the dance's story telling (listen to the words), but in Latin America, Samba men tend to dance shirtless. Evan, Jake, and Derek were close with the deep V-necks.

I'm not sure if Maks is a hypocrite. Len's mark-down proved a point that I imagine Maks was trying to make. Why is it ok for one to do it but not all? If Maks gets marked down for that gimmick--and scolded--so should have Jake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 61 123456789101151 ... LastLast