+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Elisabeth is a twit
    That says it all. The stupidity of her remarks is mind-boggling. Whether she meant it or not is irrelevant.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3894469;

But, you see, Elizabeth hasn't been sexually violated, therefore she is allowed to wear anything she wants!
    But if you HAVE been sexually violated, you should be hiding away in clothes that cover you up. That is what is expected of victims.... because otherwise you might entice more of the same behaviour.

Elizabeth is a unmitigated illogical moron. She really needs a slap. She's probably still got a pickle up because she lost her Kate... and is jealous of Erin.
    I just hope all this ridiculous hype drums up more votes for Erin. If she was truly bottom two, she needs more votes. Elizabeth's comments may have just gotten Erin some sympathy votes that will work to her advantage.

FORT Fanatic

Hopefully all of those attacking Elisabeth will now applaud her for her heartfelt apology to Erin. Somehow I doubt it though. People seem to prefer to report on the negative instead of the positive.

I have been voting for Erin and will continue to do so. Any word on what their two dances are for Monday?

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is an ignorant fool. A comment that clearly blames the victim for being violated came out exactly as it was obviously intended.

One of the first comments I posted in this thread was how shocked I was that Erin's perpetrator got such little time. I can't believe that that's how little we value women's privacy in our society. But I also said how incredibly admirable it was that Erin was reclaiming her power by refusing to be further traumatized by this perv and moving on with her life with her head held high, as she should.

And then idiots like Elisabeth open their imbecilic mouths and blame Erin for showing strength and dignity in the face of being violated? Disgusting.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3894488;
    Elisabeth Hasselbeck is an ignorant fool. A comment that clearly blames the victim for being violated came out exactly as it was obviously intended.

Couldn't agree more. Yes, she apologized today, but I honestly don't feel it was heartfelt. I believe the producers told her to do it. Anyone can drum up tears on cue
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fanatic

It was a very emotional and heartfelt apology. Hopefully Erin, Maks, etc. will acknowledge it and move forward and that it will be a learning experience. Maks of all people should know that at times words that are not meant to be hurtful can be. He has no problem spouting off whatever is on his mind. When has he apologized?

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3894481;
    Hopefully all of those attacking Elisabeth will now applaud her for her heartfelt apology to Erin. Somehow I doubt it though. People seem to prefer to report on the negative instead of the positive.

I have been voting for Erin and will continue to do so. Any word on what their two dances are for Monday?

While it doesn't change the situation, good on Elisabeth for apologizing. It's a tough enough world out there for women; we need to support each other.

Erin has the rumba and the argentine tango to focus her energy this week; in the past, she's commented that Maks pushes her beyond the pressing issues of the moment by holding rehearsal. I imagine he'll do the same this week.

At the end of this season, something tells me that Erin will need a break to regroup. Even if her initial intention for doing the show was to bring awareness to voyeurism all while having fun, she's been drug through a media storm. Ever supported by this cast, it's whittling down. Whenever it ends for her and Maks, that change will possibly be the hardest hit yet. They're with each other constantly. Everything will sink in then. Glad that the bonds of friendship among so many of them have been strengthened.

Glad we get to see their rumba next week. Should be steaming hot

I have never heard Maks blame a victim for being violated so this is hardly his fault any more than it is Erin's fault for being a victim as Elisabeth so strongly suggested.

And this is not the Elisabeth Hasselbeck fan club thread. I'm sure there's a place for that somewhere in cyberspace but this isn't it. This is Erin's thread.

I am sure Erin will rise above this the way she has the other adversities she has faced and, unfortunately, continues to face.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

I bet their AT will be intense and great. Can't wait to see the rumba too. They have really been getting better each week.

I'm so very glad that Erin & Maks were safe, as I was quite worried there for a bit.

Erin has shown great strength in her time of adversity. The experience was quite humiliating for her, and now any idiotic yahoo can view her naked and make caustic remarks about her. It was hurtful to her as a woman and as a professional, thus my ire at Elisabeth H. for blaming the victim.

+ Reply to Thread