+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

It wasn't criticizing Erin for wearing short outfits that bugged me. Even though I think it's hypocritical to single her out considering what the other female pros wear, it was the line about saying her peeping tom should have just waited that really didn't sit well with me. It's like saying Erin's an exception and has to set an example by acting the way people who haven't endured what she's gone through thinks she should act. I hope Erin just lets these comments roll off her back. It's making the people saying them look bad. I'm sure Elisabeth will probably come out and say she didn't mean them like they sounded.

I didn't realize her hubby and Erin were co-workers, but how awkward for him. And I'm sure Erin and Elisabeth will cross paths at some point in the very near future. Her ordeals are bound to be a topic of her interview on The View so I wonder if this will get brought up. Glad the rest of the cast has her back. It seemed the rest of the panel backed Erin up, too, and the audience didn't give Elisabeth much support. She'll have to cross paths with the other contestants, too, at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3894276;
    It wasn't criticizing Erin for wearing short outfits that bugged me. Even though I think it's hypocritical to single her out considering what the other female pros wear, it was the line about saying her peeping tom should have just waited that really didn't sit well with me.
    The actress who was in "Precious" (Gabrielle?) got big support from the audience when she pointed out that Erin's private moments were just that and there is no comparison.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3894275;
    I like Eizabeth and respect that she stands up to the other liberal women on the show. I stopped watching The View years ago because I just can't take the estrogen fest anymore. Having said that, it makes me sad that she, of all people, said anything close to this. What was she thinking?
    I can't stomach the view. I dislike them all.

Elizabeth was adorable on Survivor, and I respect her courage to stand up for her views, but she's a little too extreme with some of them. I know she's not dumb, but she has something a little loose in her noodle.

FORT Fogey

Erin should not have to change her life because some jerk had a thing for her. He was peeping at her at private moments anyways, so it would really not matter what she had on during the day. I think she is a darling woman, and I find her endearing. However, I do not get why everyone is so wanting her in the finals. I do not think she is that great of a dancer. As far as why I do not care if she is or not though has to do with Maks. Cannot stand that guy at all, and do not see how he gets so many tongues wagging.

Bunny555 - thanks for posting tweets from Maks, Evan, and Louis. (Maybe Maks can have a career as a dress designer if this doesn't work out! ). It just goes to show how close this season's cast really is. Evan appears to be really close to Erin, something I'm picking up on more and more lately. That being said, that was a STUPID comment. I don't watch or DVR The View. I saw it one time when I was off and waiting for my car to be fixed. I imagine Elisabeth really regrets saying that! I agree with you when you equated it to a rape victim "asking for it" by wearing a short skirt. - DUMB!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3894258;
    (about Elizabeth) ....it's the fact that she's a lousy spokesperson for it, and doesn't really seem to have her own ideas.

She always has facts & statistics ready to quote (half of which are stale by the time she gets on the air), but there's no confidence in her opinions, like yesterday re: Erin for example.(
    From the clip, it's obvious that Elisabeth didn't have a full understanding of Erin's situation. She stumbled to explain the chronology of events. That she had side-by-side photos of her costumes x 3 weeks just furthers the idea that she was a talking head.

Whether it was a real issue or not for her, it was plain insensitive, degrading, and immature for these comments to be made. The View drives me bananas for this reason: while it touts itself as a pro-woman show, it spends most of its time tarnishing them. Never, ever should anyone ever suggest that a woman deserved voyeurism, victimization, abuse, or any type of sexual violence based on appearance or behavior. Never. I just can't believe that a woman would say that about another woman.

Erin had several reasons for doing this show. One of them was to bring awareness to women's issues. That's the voice I'm listening to.

FORT Fanatic

I have not watched the clip, but highly doubt Elisabeth meant any ill will. It was just a comment about the bare costumes on the show. She just used Erin as an example. The costumes don't bother me, but I have read comments from people who do think some of them are too revealing.

Hey the comment worked, it drummed up attention and press for DWTS and The View.

Elisabeth is a twit - she didn't use Cheryl, Edyta, Anna, Nicole or Pam, she chose to use Erin because she is the victim of a peeping Tom- she did intend to stir the pot - and it worked.

On another note - I'm sad she landed in the B2 last night but so glad she survived another week.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3893801;
    I adore Elisabeth. Perhaps the comment just came out wrong.
    No, her comment didn't come out wrong. She was out of line. She wore next to nothing during Survivor and doesn't dress all that conservative on The View.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3894433;
    No, her comment didn't come out wrong. She was out of line. She wore next to nothing during Survivor and doesn't dress all that conservative on The View.

But, you see, Elizabeth hasn't been sexually violated, therefore she is allowed to wear anything she wants!
    But if you HAVE been sexually violated, you should be hiding away in clothes that cover you up. That is what is expected of victims.... because otherwise you might entice more of the same behaviour.

Elizabeth is a unmitigated illogical moron. She really needs a slap. She's probably still got a pickle up because she lost her Kate... and is jealous of Erin.

+ Reply to Thread