+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

FORT Regular

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3957266;
    I have noticed Maks getting a little more defensive when he gets called out, but something different came out of him this season. Last season with Debi, I think the whole Karina situation had him more on edge and emotional, and this season Erin got whatever bad boy image he had remaining off of him. I've taken his whole bad boy routine as a big joke more than anything, something he just plays up and he and Tom have a good laugh about on the show. But Maks has always maintained what he's passionate about and making sure the show doesn't lose its focus. I'm sure it does get old when he gets the edit and people call him out for being such a bully. This group seemed really close this year. They really rallied around each other when one got attacked.
    I agree with everything you said, Karalott. It seems like even the pros got closer to each other this year. Yes, they are competitive but they are all really supportive of each other. It's really nice to see. I feel like the energy this season was completely different (especially once Kate was gone). So many positive people made it a joy for me to watch. It really was uplifting.

I think the bad boy thing is gone for good. I really hope we get to see sweet, funny, charming Maks again next season and that he finally gets his mirror-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3956538;
    I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Erin did a photo shoot for Vanity Fair. The pics are gorgeous, but the Q/A article that goes with it is REALLY disrespectful to Erin, her dad and her Russian. Here's the link:

Views from a Sideline | Style | Vanity Fair

The interviewer calls Maks cheesy (this is the same person who called Maks an ignorant immigrant LAST month, apparently). Erin stayed classy and said the Maks is a 'wonderful human being'. It's amazing to me with so many possible questions to ask, this jerk asks nothing substantial and disses Erin's dad, makes light of what she's been through and insults Maks.

Naturally, they both took to Twitter...this is actually kind of sweet:

MaksimC [mod edit] @vanityfairmag for printing the article and employing that [mod edit] George Wayne, the douchebag that called me 'ignorant immigrant'! about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter

MaksimC Thank you @ErinAndrewsESPN for 'getting my back'! I love you and always there for you........
    about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter

ErinAndrewsESPN @MaksimC will always have your back..love you Rush..what did we say before our paso? forget everyone, let's do this for us.
    about 6 hours ago via web

Now off to write angry email to Vanity Fair...

Oh I just love Erin and Maks more and more. But reporters just suck - they have been so mean and disrespectful to Erin over the past few months - I don't get it. She seems like such a great person - she doesn't deserve any of it. I will be writing to VF as well - thanks for posting this....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3957381;
    I agree with everything you said, Karalott. It seems like even the pros got closer to each other this year. Yes, they are competitive but they are all really supportive of each other. It's really nice to see. I feel like the energy this season was completely different (especially once Kate was gone). So many positive people made it a joy for me to watch. It really was uplifting.

I think the bad boy thing is gone for good. I really hope we get to see sweet, funny, charming Maks again next season and that he finally gets his mirror-ball.
    I know couples have often formed close friendships off the show, but very few actually get people into the 'are they or aren't they' like Erin/Maks did. Whether they have their happily ever after or not, I think the show and being together on it did wonders for both of them. Erin's gotten attacked several times this season, and I don't get why. I feel like this season made them rise above a lot of things. Obviously both are protective of each other, which I can understand, but I think it made them see the lighter side of life and living it to its fullest. I actually didn't become a fan of Maks's until he got paired up with Mel (who I didn't expect to like), and since then have been hooked. Just the comments Tom makes and Maks's good natured joking about always being right and doing things his way, makes me think the bad boy is his image. Tony used to refer to himself as the bad boy of the ballroom, but now we read articles where he's crying about his daughter going off to pre-school.

I just hope Maks gets a partner he can enjoy next season, and not go back to having someone like Denise that he didn't get along with (and who couldn't move to save her life).

FORT Regular

Looks like Erin has signed a contract with ESPN/ABC. She'll be on an expanded College Game Day and doing some pieces for GMA. So happy that she will be doing both! Here's a link to the article:
    Erin Andrews to join expanded College GameDay - USATODAY.com

Erin and Maks will be attending the Espy Awards show together. It starts tonight I believe 8/7 c on ESPN.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3981038;
    Erin and Maks will be attending the Espy Awards show together. It starts tonight I believe 8/7 c on ESPN.
    And I think the red carpet starts at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3981038;
    Are they dating or is it strictly publicity?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ladygreco;3994364;
    Are they dating or is it strictly publicity?
    They refuse to say. Maks said shortly after the finale that they wouldn't comment on their relationship as they are both very private people.

At this point, if they are just friends you would think they would come out and say so. They continue to dance around it in interviews for the most part. Maks said in one recent interview (at the Espy's) that they're 'not in a relationship, we're in our relationship, whatever that is' and keeps using the we get married/divorced every day story. My guess is that they are still trying to figure it out, probably not so easy since they are both very busy with their careers.

I follow them both on Twitter - honestly, they get pestered about it constantly with people analyzing every thing the do, say and tweet. It's nuts.

They are very cute together. And underneath all that cuteness is a real respect for each other which is very apparent when they are together.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks referred to them having a good friendship in one recent interview. Could just be they want people to live with whatever image they want. Whatever their status is, I think they came out of the show with so much more. Being paired together really seemed to help them get through things (and probably stripped Maks of his last layers of the bad boy rep). They were a joy to watch and I hope Maks comes back and finally gets the trophy next season.

+ Reply to Thread