+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

FORT Regular

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3930787;
    Love that man
    Me too! He was quick to shoot that one down!

Looks like Erin's career has been given a mojor boost from her stint on DwTS:

Erin Andrews Leaving ESPN? | Free Agent | SportsGrid

Her options have definitely expanded.

FORT Regular

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Erin did a photo shoot for Vanity Fair. The pics are gorgeous, but the Q/A article that goes with it is REALLY disrespectful to Erin, her dad and her Russian. Here's the link:

Views from a Sideline | Style | Vanity Fair

The interviewer calls Maks cheesy (this is the same person who called Maks an ignorant immigrant LAST month, apparently). Erin stayed classy and said the Maks is a 'wonderful human being'. It's amazing to me with so many possible questions to ask, this jerk asks nothing substantial and disses Erin's dad, makes light of what she's been through and insults Maks.

Naturally, they both took to Twitter...this is actually kind of sweet:

MaksimC [mod edit] @vanityfairmag for printing the article and employing that [mod edit] George Wayne, the douchebag that called me 'ignorant immigrant'! about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter

MaksimC Thank you @ErinAndrewsESPN for 'getting my back'! I love you and always there for you........
    about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter

ErinAndrewsESPN @MaksimC will always have your back..love you Rush..what did we say before our paso? forget everyone, let's do this for us.
    about 6 hours ago via web

Now off to write angry email to Vanity Fair...
    Last edited by Mariner; 06-30-2010 at 01:36 PM.

I read a couple of articles earlier today that said it sounds like Erin is going to reup with ESPN/ABC but may also have some sort of a non-sports role as well.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

dobby24 - Thanks for the link! How awful - I can't believe some of the questions he asked her. Sounds like George Wayne needs to retire.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Seriously? And he calls himself a juornalist?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't read Vanity Fair, but publishing near nude pics of Miley Cyrus before she went wild, giving Alexis Neiers an interview to tell her side of the story, and now this? I would have given them the finger and walked out had I been Erin.

but I'm not surprised. Last season when Tom/Cheryl and Debi/Maks appeared on GMA, whoever the male host was interviewing them asked Maks out of the blue why he was always such a jerk. That led to awkward silence and then Tom jumped in to defend him This George whoever probably thought he was being a big man.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3957048;
    but I'm not surprised. Last season when Tom/Cheryl and Debi/Maks appeared on GMA, whoever the male host was interviewing them asked Maks out of the blue why he was always such a jerk. That led to awkward silence and then Tom jumped in to defend him This George whoever probably thought he was being a big man.
    My guess is that George is jealous and or/threatened. He is the one who called Maks an 'ignorant immigrant'. Obviously he knows nothing about Maks apart from the fact that he is a dancer; as we all know, Maks is an incredibly talented, accomplished person and a 'good human being'. So glad EA defended him in the interview and via Twitter. She's a class act.

I didn't see that GMA interview last year, but I thought Regis got a little out of line after this season. He said something about Maks being 'explosive' and Maks did look a little upset about it and later explained that he's not explosive just passionate about what he does.

Honestly, I've always adored Maks, but I learned a lot more about his background this season. I'm really impressed with what he's done with his life, how much time and energy he gives to charity and how close and proud he is of his family. It bugs me to no end when anyone reduces him to 'cheesy dance partner' or even to 'bad boy of the ballroom. LOL - that's my rant for the day. I STILL need to write my letter to VF.

George Wayne has had a column in VF for years.
    All his "interviews" are pretty much the same.
    THey're fairly tongue in cheek.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3957119;
    My guess is that George is jealous and or/threatened. He is the one who called Maks an 'ignorant immigrant'. Obviously he knows nothing about Maks apart from the fact that he is a dancer; as we all know, Maks is an incredibly talented, accomplished person and a 'good human being'. So glad EA defended him in the interview and via Twitter. She's a class act.

I didn't see that GMA interview last year, but I thought Regis got a little out of line after this season. He said something about Maks being 'explosive' and Maks did look a little upset about it and later explained that he's not explosive just passionate about what he does.

Honestly, I've always adored Maks, but I learned a lot more about his background this season. I'm really impressed with what he's done with his life, how much time and energy he gives to charity and how close and proud he is of his family. It bugs me to no end when anyone reduces him to 'cheesy dance partner' or even to 'bad boy of the ballroom. LOL - that's my rant for the day. I STILL need to write my letter to VF.
    I have noticed Maks getting a little more defensive when he gets called out, but something different came out of him this season. Last season with Debi, I think the whole Karina situation had him more on edge and emotional, and this season Erin got whatever bad boy image he had remaining off of him. I've taken his whole bad boy routine as a big joke more than anything, something he just plays up and he and Tom have a good laugh about on the show. But Maks has always maintained what he's passionate about and making sure the show doesn't lose its focus. I'm sure it does get old when he gets the edit and people call him out for being such a bully. This group seemed really close this year. They really rallied around each other when one got attacked.

+ Reply to Thread