+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3913218;
    I probably would have given their samba straight 9s. It looked good to me but I'm no expert. It was a lot better than her first attempt, so I guess she nailed the re-demption re-do aspect of it. I'm actually surprised Len didn't call out the 'messing about' when Maks was pretending to take his shirt off. I know it was a joke aimed at him and it didn't overly take away from the routine, but I still didn't think he liked it.

I thought the bed stuff went on a little too long, but I liked their freestyle for being something different. I'm not big on using props but I guess it fit.
    I definitely agree that they nailed the redemption part.
    I thought 10 was too generous though and agree that 9's would probably have been more fitting.
    I'd like to cut those down to 8's for the silly business with the shirt and Erin's bad acting

It just didn't seem right to me that after those two dances this team should have the same score as Nicole and Derek.

I'm also not keen on two fo the teams using outside choreographers.
    I have no idea if this practice goes on during the season though.

What it boils down to for me is that, as mucha s I admire how she's coped with everything she's been through over the past couple of years, I really don't find Erin particularly likeable and don't think her dancing is of the calibre of the other two.
    This pairing has certainly captured the imagination of a lot of the viewers though and that may be enough to give them the trophy.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Not sure if I saw this line of reasoning here or on another board, but doing the lyrical FS could be viewed as a very good strategic move by Maks, sort of along the lines of a Hail Mary pass in football. Last week, they were basically counted out as possible winners, and relegated to a third place finish anyway, so why not go for broke with something bold, memorable and difficult to compare to the other couples' efforts, in the hopes that it would win them some votes with viewers looking for something different? If it totally bombed, they would be no worse off than the predicted 3rd place anyway. But since the judges' scores were okay and people are actually talking about the possibility of them winning now, or at least finishing second, it may end up paying off.

It was also a very clever way to play around with all the rumors about their relationship, by acting out their dynamic of romance/passion combined with bickering.

I have to agree with you Fluff.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3913237;
    I thought 10 was too generous though and agree that 9's would probably have been more fitting.
    I'd like to cut those down to 8's for the silly business with the shirt and Erin's bad acting

It just didn't seem right to me that after those two dances this team should have the same score as Nicole and Derek.

What it boils down to for me is that, as mucha s I admire how she's coped with everything she's been through over the past couple of years, I really don't find Erin particularly likeable and don't think her dancing is of the calibre of the other two.
    This pairing has certainly captured the imagination of a lot of the viewers though and that may be enough to give them the trophy.
    TMZ had some big "breaking" investigative stink back during season 5 that commented on the DWTS pros using outside help. Of course the way they put it, none of the pros choreographed their own routines. I know that's not true, but I guess it depends what you view as help. We've seen other pros helping out in rehearsals with another couple (sometimes while that pro is still competing), and we've seen those side trips where they go to some club/gym/martial arts center/etc to get the mood and feel for the dance. Bringing in non DWTS people I'm not sure I'm crazy about it but I think it happens more than they show. However, I don't think it's as big a deal as someone else strictly choreographing their routine, just giving input and advice. Dancing wise, I don't think Erin stacks up to the other two, and I don't know if she's got the fanbase to do it, either. I've enjoyed watching her mainly for the growth/improvement arc and of course, she and Maks have been a lot of fun. I've said it before, this is a new side of Maks. Not the tough, always gets his own way, tells it like it is Russian. She found that marshmellow center Tom is always talking about. Regardless of what one thought of their freestyle, it's one for the books.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3913237;

I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Before the whole taping incident I had no clue who Erin was & this is from someone who watches ESPN daily.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3913324;
    TMZ had some big "breaking" investigative stink back during season 5 that commented on the DWTS pros using outside help. Of course the way they put it, none of the pros choreographed their own routines. I know that's not true, but I guess it depends what you view as help. We've seen other pros helping out in rehearsals with another couple (sometimes while that pro is still competing), and we've seen those side trips where they go to some club/gym/martial arts center/etc to get the mood and feel for the dance. Bringing in non DWTS people I'm not sure I'm crazy about it but I think it happens more than they show. However, I don't think it's as big a deal as someone else strictly choreographing their routine, just giving input and advice. Dancing wise, I don't think Erin stacks up to the other two, and I don't know if she's got the fanbase to do it, either. I've enjoyed watching her mainly for the growth/improvement arc and of course, she and Maks have been a lot of fun. I've said it before, this is a new side of Maks. Not the tough, always gets his own way, tells it like it is Russian. She found that marshmellow center Tom is always talking about. Regardless of what one thought of their freestyle, it's one for the books.
    I totally agree with you.

I have loved this season because of Erin and Maks and while she is not the best dancer, I have sure as heck noticed her increase in confidence & I have loved seeing that side of her.

Hoping for an upset and if Erin doesn't take the mirroball, then I sure hope Evan takes it!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

And these guys were another reason I almost started crying tonight. Their good bye video was even more sappy Tom was right that he'd never seen Maks look this emotional about an elimination. He was crying. Good bye, bad boy image Maks I knew they were going out 3rd, but am so happy I got a season full of Maks. The bond these two have, whether romantic or not, is the strongest I've ever seen from a couple on this show. Whether they have a long lasting fairytale romance, short fling, or life long friendship, this season and each other did wonders for them. Thanks for the great season, guys. I enjoyed you every minute.

Maks and Erin made this season worth watching. Maks was so likable and sweet. I really think that Erin was meant to be on this season to heal and find love. If they are together or not I enjoyed watching Erin improve every week. IMO that is what DWTS is supposed to be. Too bad Nicole was the planned winner as soon as the first episode aired. I really thought Erin and Maks deserved to win or atleast come in second tonight.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I watched till the end, but the second hour, after Erin and Maks got eliminated, was kind of boring. The other 2 couples may have been better dancers, but let's face it, their personalities (and that of their pros; well, okay, Derek is just annoying) were pretty lackluster, and it was really Erin and Maks that made the show interesting towards the end. Even on GMA this morning, their humor carried the segments they were on.

It became clear once they ranked the AT that Nicole would be the winner. The format of the finale this season made it easy for the judges to assure that Evan's bigger fanbase couldn't overcome Nicole's lead in points. In retrospect, I think the producers felt the show would lose too much credibility (like it really has any?) if, after promoting Nicole as the best dancer to ever be on the show, she didn't win.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3914228;
    Maks and Erin made this season worth watching. Maks was so likable and sweet. I really think that Erin was meant to be on this season to heal and find love. If they are together or not I enjoyed watching Erin improve every week. IMO that is what DWTS is supposed to be. Too bad Nicole was the planned winner as soon as the first episode aired. I really thought Erin and Maks deserved to win or atleast come in second tonight.
    Perfectly stated. And I agree. I wish these two much love and happiness, hopefully together!

+ Reply to Thread