+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 604

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

  1. #221
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3904257;
    Thanks, Kara, for quelling the concerns. This season is my first season watching the show faithfully and rooting on a couple. In the past, I might've caught an article about it, but I didn't read about and analyze any parts of the show nor contribute to forums.

    Last night, I was just in awe of the hostility on another forum. While they criticize Maks for his opinions and honesty (yes, it's brutal), they themselves do much the same.

    I guess, perhaps the other couples might be catching the same heat, but Maks is just more vocal about defending himself.

    Nerves gotta be high for all four couples. With any team sport, we want our pick to win.

    Going to line up my emails for voting!
    Yeah, it can get interesting, especially for people who really have a passion (good or bad) for the pros, as they usually become the center point for the season and why people choose to root for someone or not. As I've mentioned with Nicole, her being paired with Derek isn't why I don't like her. I'm not sure I would with whoever, and if Derek got a celeb I enjoyed, I wouldn't not root for them because of him. I may not want him and Nicole to win, but if they do, so be it, just like Chad/Cheryl. It's not the end of the world

    I respect others opinions of Maks but if you're referring to the same forum I'm thinking of, I actually get a kick out of his detractors. Nothing he ever says is right and everything gets taken out of context. The whole ringer debate and him calling Nicole out on it isn't restricted to him yet no one is harping on Louis, Cheryl, or Tony for doing the same. There was an issue during season 7 where Maks and Louis had something printed about them criticizing Cheryl and Lacey's weight. Both said the article was taken out of context and the original source actually clarified that. Yet whenever that's brought up, I always see it attributed to Maks, not to Louis. I don't get at all where he's been unprofessional this season, either towards Erin or the other pros. It'd be a no win situation for him-either he gives the canned, PC responses and shoots rainbows and sunshine out of his mouth, or he tells it like it is. Either way people would cry BS. It makes me wonder what they'd do if he took next season off. I feel bad poor Tony was getting bombarded on twitter for daring to support them. I notice one of the people calling him out is a fan of Derek, Karina, Cheryl, and Lacey. So that explains their dislike for Maks right there I don't see anything wrong with rooting for a pro because they haven't won yet. I'm hoping Anna or Maks take it for that reason, but I also happen to like their celebs. Chad I don't think deserves to win based on his dancing and I'm just over Cheryl. I can't argue, if we're basing it on who's the best dancer, that Nicole/Derek deserve it, but it's hard because she was that good from the start.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-16-2010 at 07:16 PM.

  2. #222
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3904619;
    A perusal of this board alone will convincingly indicate that in many cases the pros themselves are as well-known and popular and have as many or more fans than the celebrities themselves.
    We see some of the same pros each season, and we see them splattered all over the media as well.
    Moreover, fans sometimes - as we well know - have an aversion to the celebrity based upon the pro.
    The pros cycle in and out of popularity. Whereas the Houghs and Mark are currently not as popular (because each have won twice), and the younger set have not really been given "difficult" partners (or "done their time"), a while back it was Cheryl who also had won twice, but who had at least done her share of dancing with older or more difficult partners.
    Maks has always come in for criticism as the "bad boy" of dancing because of his sharp tongue.
    However, this dynamic with the pros is evident on other boards as well. Indeed, on the Mother Board the pros have their own threads, and their fans really don't even care who the celebrity is - that is incidental.

    The Mother Board is extremely polarized. A lot of nasty stuff is said about everyone except, perhaps, Evan. Which is why I think Evan is the biggest contender. But there is a whole Erin/Maks love thread there too and they are really into it.

  3. #223
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,708

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    [QUOTE=ZulaMay;3904745;]The Mother Board is extremely polarized. A lot of nasty stuff is said about everyone except, perhaps, Evan. Which is why I think Evan is the biggest contender. But there is a whole Erin/Maks love thread there too and they are really into it.[/QUOTE]


    Yes we are into it but there isn't any bashing of anyone else on that thread....

  4. #224
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Maks and Erin are dancing 1st tomorrow...not a good feeling.

  5. #225
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Oh no..... unless Erin really knocks their socks off, the judges never give the highest marks to the first couple. And can I assume they're leaving Nicole and Derek for last? Ugh

  6. #226
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3905060;
    Oh no..... unless Erin really knocks their socks off, the judges never give the highest marks to the first couple. And can I assume they're leaving Nicole and Derek for last? Ugh
    Probably, since they're likely going to get a perfect 60 and another encore. Hopefully CA zips it because every week she says she just can't think of what to say. Maybe she'll finally be rendered speechless. I hope Len keeps his feet on the ground. If not last, then likely Evan/Anna, but probably those 2 will go 3rd.

    First couples always get burned. I expect the scores to be really close tomorrow, so there can't be any fan war over-voting but I think it'll come out to Nicole, Evan, Erin, and Chad in that order (maybe tie or flip/flop Evan and Erin). Either way, I doubt more than 5 points will seperate the top from the bottom. But either way, the later you go, the better your scores are.

    I did notice that Chad is giving away tickets to DWTS; someone commented on Derek's twitter that he and Nicole must be getting nervous (I don't know if that was a jab or not), and remarked about Chad buying votes. Derek had the best response: nothing wrong with campaigning for votes. They all want them.

    Well, I figured Erin/Maks are going this week. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm not getting excited. The finale is going to stink this year.

  7. #227
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3905123;

    First couples always get burned. I expect the scores to be really close tomorrow, so there can't be any fan war over-voting but I think it'll come out to Nicole, Evan, Erin, and Chad in that order (maybe tie or flip/flop Evan and Erin). Either way, I doubt more than 5 points will seperate the top from the bottom. But either way, the later you go, the better your scores are.

    Well, I figured Erin/Maks are going this week. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm not getting excited. The finale is going to stink this year.
    I think you're correct about the score breakdown. The ABC board is insane right now. However, if they were to go by that board, their final 3 would be Erin, Evan, and Chad based on views of threads. Nicole will instead be substituted for someone. Plus we have to factor in the "revelation." With the line-up, I do think that the show now knows, based on voting counts and all kindsa feedback, who they want in that final. They'll manipulate it to that end.

    I do hope, however, that you're wrong about Erin and Maks going home. I think ABC will want them around until the last show.

  8. #228
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3905140;
    I think you're correct about the score breakdown. The ABC board is insane right now. However, if they were to go by that board, their final 3 would be Erin, Evan, and Chad based on views of threads. Nicole will instead be substituted for someone. Plus we have to factor in the "revelation." With the line-up, I do think that the show now knows, based on voting counts and all kindsa feedback, who they want in that final. They'll manipulate it to that end.

    I do hope, however, that you're wrong about Erin and Maks going home. I think ABC will want them around until the last show.
    I figure if anyone gets screwed tomorrow, it'll probably be Erin or Evan. The harder the judges are on Chad, the more rowdy his fan base will vote. They may realize this, think Erin could pose a threat in the finals, or realize there's no way she can compete with anyone's fanbase and just throw her under the bus. For suspense sake and to not make it look obvious, they might do a fake bottom 2 Tuesday if Chad survives and declare it'll be "shocking". Erin leaving would be a surprise, I guess, so they'd probably put Evan there with her and pretend he's in danger of leaving. It's all in the editing and the pimping the show gives you. I hope I'm wrong about Erin/Maks, too. Believe me In a way, I'd hate for Maks to get to the finals and come in second. Mainly because his detractors (I hate using the word haters) would go crazy in their delight. It's odd they're having Erin go first. That's why I'm worried And we still have Tom's announcement. Which is probably going to be much ado about nothing.

    ETA: Cheryl tweeted she and Chad are going 3rd. Will they get redemption or will they try and finally get rid of them? So I'll guess Evan/Anna second. Although Anna says they have the paso this week, as do Erin/Maks-so would they put two paso's together back to back or save Evan for last? I hope it's the latter, because I'm sure the judges will definitely draw comparisions between the two.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-17-2010 at 01:09 AM.

  9. #229
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    100

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Hope they both bring it big and leave it all on the dance floor!

    If they're not in the final I doubt I'll watch it. Too sad and too disillusioned.

    Greasing up my voting fingers....

  10. #230
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,437

    Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3905050;
    Maks and Erin are dancing 1st tomorrow...not a good feeling.
    THAT bums me out - watch for 9's across the board, with the possibility of 8's from Len.

    what are the two dances?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.