+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3903758;
    I hadn't heard about this quote from Tom, but the first thing that jumped into my head was the return of the dance-off. Wasn't there a mention by someone (Edyta?) that it would be re-introduced later in the season? If the judges get to decide between the bottom 2 (most probably Erin and Chad), they will surely choose Erin. And you're right, this would cause backlash among Chad fans, although I think they would be hard pressed to really try to claim that Chad was the better overall dancer.

Weighing in on the demise of Maks and Karina, I always felt that Maks had a crush on Karina ever since they knew each other as teenagers, and when they finally got together after many years as friends, at a time when he also had decided he was ready to settle down and start a family, for him it was like a fantasy come true with his dream woman. I don't think Karina was ready for everything Maks was, but was very flattered by his attention (he really knows how to court a woman I suspect) as well as the media attention being with him garnered her, so she went along with the engagement. But as time went on, I suspect Maks learned that his "fantasy Karina" was not exactly who the real Karina was, and that they wanted different things out of life, and he sort of felt misled or betrayed by her, since he gave it, and her, his all (probably for the first time ever) and she didn't, in his opinion. Thus the misunderstanding and messy bitter breakup. I could be totally wrong, but I think he was definitely more hurt/devastated than she was about everything.
    Edyta said the week before Aiden left, they were starting to get ready for it. It sounded like it was starting within two weeks. I think another pro touched on it as well. I assumed since they were probably getting the results they wanted, they decided to leave well enough alone. Buzz and Kate lasted long enough (or too long in Kate's case) to prove a point and return ABC's investment. Pam survived being in the bottom 2 long enough. I don't know about Jake, but the way the DO is structed on this show it might not have been there to potentially save him anyway.

Maks/Karina had a reality show lined up, were going to have their wedding televised, got to do Broadway together, had spreads everywhere in magazines, were invited to various events because they were a couple together, just seemed very in demand. It kind of took away from the Maks I thought I knew, who didn't seem to like putting his personal life out there so much. Maks mentioned from day 1 he wanted to start having kids, whereas Karina said she wanted to wait until they were married (noble of her), and then sort of hinted around she didn't want to have them anytime soon. She also didn't seem as big into planning the wedding and said it was all on Maks. A lot of people thought it odd they wouldn't set a date, considering they were so much in love and had all this media opportunity which would probably fade out. I heard several rumors as to why they broke up, including Maks thinking Karina was too high maintenance and emotionally needy. I thought it funny she got a little pissy that he was even mentioning it when she said "I thought we were keeping it private". Now she says "the truth will come out"

I knew you would all appreciate the fan vid of Erin and Maks as much as I did - how can you not? Pure Joy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3903655;
    From all accounts he seems like a very old school gentleman type. I saw his latest tweet that he was called an "obnoxious immigrant" but I love how he's just laughing those comments off and wanting to stick it to those people (probably fans of other pros). This season has definitely brought out a different Maks.
    Uinterview | Style: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

karalott he speaks about his background in this interview and mentions that he was raised to open doors, be a nice guy and a gentlemen. He also speaks about Erin and this season.

Man, is this how it normally goes down during the semi-finals? It's like an all-out war between fan bases.
    Last edited by veg_out; 05-16-2010 at 02:04 AM.

As for the Karina tweets, maybe I'm rose-colored glasses about this one, but maybe the "truth" is that Maks has moved on. Maybe when in LA, what information Karina learned really is that Maks is with Erin. Maybe she's not being nasty at all, just hinting that they're done, so everyone should get off the Makrina ship.

I'm trying to find optimism in a night of disappointment. Semi-finals season blows.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3904179;
    Man, is this how it normally goes down during the semi-finals? It's like an all-out war between fan bases.
    Were you here season 8 when it was Melissa "(insert toothy related and annoying bubbly personality adjective here)" Rycroft vs Gilles "lounge lizard/slime king" Marini? That was a pretty bad one, and not just here, but everywhere DWTS talk happened. I think there's people who don't like Maks, and then there's people who really don't like Maks. It's like they wait in prey for his blogs or interviews to come out and then completely rip apart the first thing he says. I found it amusing that Dmitry's fanatics were threatening that Dmitry was coming up on taking Maks's spot, that he was given 2 really good partners that outlasted Maks in a row, he was being groomed to be the next sexy Russian, so forth and so on-and then he didn't get cast this season. Of course Maks got blamed for it, then got blamed for Karina and Lacey not returning. Obviously I think there's animousity towards Nicole for being so ahead of the pack and the show just lapping it up, and Derek has been a fairly polarizing pro in the last few seasons as it is. Some people aren't fond of Maks (see above), and they find small things to nitpick on with Evan/Anna and Chad/Cheryl. But I see it being more nasty towards Maks (Erin suffering), and Nicole/Derek (mostly ringer backlash, Hough backlash, and the show catering to them).

I saw the tweets from the poster telling Anna and Derek to watch their backs because Maks was trash talking them, but I found that just as laughable, as Maks is good friends with both pros.

Thanks for that spreadsheet veg_out. I don't watch AI so I've never really paid attention to DI for DWTS.

As far as Maks and Karina go, I think he really dodged a bullet with her. I'll never forget how nasty she was toward Emmitt Smith and Cheryl. I think that was Karina's first season on DWTS and she's learned to be more diplomatic, but those were likely her true colors and they're not pretty.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3904189;
    Were you here season 8 when it was Melissa "(insert toothy related and annoying bubbly personality adjective here)" Rycroft vs Gilles "lounge lizard/slime king" Marini? That was a pretty bad one, and not just here, but everywhere DWTS talk happened. I think there's people who don't like Maks, and then there's people who really don't like Maks.
    Thanks, Kara, for quelling the concerns. This season is my first season watching the show faithfully and rooting on a couple. In the past, I might've caught an article about it, but I didn't read about and analyze any parts of the show nor contribute to forums.

Last night, I was just in awe of the hostility on another forum. While they criticize Maks for his opinions and honesty (yes, it's brutal), they themselves do much the same.

I guess, perhaps the other couples might be catching the same heat, but Maks is just more vocal about defending himself.

Nerves gotta be high for all four couples. With any team sport, we want our pick to win.

Going to line up my emails for voting!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3904195;
    Thanks for that spreadsheet veg_out. I don't watch AI so I've never really paid attention to DI for DWTS.

As far as Maks and Karina go, I think he really dodged a bullet with her. I'll never forget how nasty she was toward Emmitt Smith and Cheryl. I think that was Karina's first season on DWTS and she's learned to be more diplomatic, but those were likely her true colors and they're not pretty.
    I don't watch AI either; learned about DI from this forum and then started checking it each week. It's fascinating, though I'm not sure of its accuracy as an indicator. Regardless, interesting information to track in the event that it might be. It does seem to support who remains though the eliminations don't really align.

As for Karina, I don't know much about her at all aside from a) she was engaged to Maks (thanks to this forum for the 411) b) she's an exquisite dancer. If neither of them can tolerate the other, I do think it best that they just leave each other be: neither of them needs to talk about the other. In the PEOPLE article written about him and Erin, he had positive things to say about Karina insofar as saying he learned from her.

For Karina to toss Maks under the bus at this point--months after their demise--seems cruel. Her tweets are somewhat cryptic, but the one that stands out is "the truth will always come out even if it takes awhile." To make that remark sounds like it is old business between them; but her follow-up tweets almost sound as if, when in LA for DWTS, she learned new information that does put an end to Makrina.

Petty stuff, in my opinion. Move on, Karina.

Another cute video of the two of them; shows more of their dances and rehearsal time!

YouTube - Only You: Erin & Maks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3904189;
    Were you here season 8 when it was Melissa "(insert toothy related and annoying bubbly personality adjective here)" Rycroft vs Gilles "lounge lizard/slime king" Marini? That was a pretty bad one, and not just here, but everywhere DWTS talk happened. I think there's people who don't like Maks, and then there's people who really don't like Maks. It's like they wait in prey for his blogs or interviews to come out and then completely rip apart the first thing he says. I found it amusing that Dmitry's fanatics were threatening that Dmitry was coming up on taking Maks's spot, that he was given 2 really good partners that outlasted Maks in a row, he was being groomed to be the next sexy Russian, so forth and so on-and then he didn't get cast this season. Of course Maks got blamed for it, then got blamed for Karina and Lacey not returning. Obviously I think there's animousity towards Nicole for being so ahead of the pack and the show just lapping it up, and Derek has been a fairly polarizing pro in the last few seasons as it is. Some people aren't fond of Maks (see above), and they find small things to nitpick on with Evan/Anna and Chad/Cheryl. But I see it being more nasty towards Maks (Erin suffering), and Nicole/Derek (mostly ringer backlash, Hough backlash, and the show catering to them).

I saw the tweets from the poster telling Anna and Derek to watch their backs because Maks was trash talking them, but I found that just as laughable, as Maks is good friends with both pros.

A perusal of this board alone will convincingly indicate that in many cases the pros themselves are as well-known and popular and have as many or more fans than the celebrities themselves.
    We see some of the same pros each season, and we see them splattered all over the media as well.
    Moreover, fans sometimes - as we well know - have an aversion to the celebrity based upon the pro.
    The pros cycle in and out of popularity. Whereas the Houghs and Mark are currently not as popular (because each have won twice), and the younger set have not really been given "difficult" partners (or "done their time"), a while back it was Cheryl who also had won twice, but who had at least done her share of dancing with older or more difficult partners.
    Maks has always come in for criticism as the "bad boy" of dancing because of his sharp tongue.
    However, this dynamic with the pros is evident on other boards as well. Indeed, on the Mother Board the pros have their own threads, and their fans really don't even care who the celebrity is - that is incidental.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread