+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

FORT Regular

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Maks needs to bring his A-game with choreography this week. If he does and Erin can control her nerves, throw caution to the wind and just succumb to the music and Maks, I don't see how these two with their chemistry wouldn't bring down the house, rally the judges and the vote.

Dark horses absolutely....but they definitely have the type of chemistry, talent, and story arc that could/should if all the planets line up on Monday, usher them into the finals.

Thanks for posting the link to the Sugar-Sugar video. Smiled all the way through it. TWICE!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3903605;
    I'm keeping this link alive......I can't stop watching! I really think we're watching a budding romance (more than budding ) and I can't get enough of it! I had a sneaking suspicion that Maks was a romantic when I read stories that he was planning more of the wedding than Karina. I'm going to vote like mad on Monday!
    We are too!

So am I!

FORT Fogey

That video was too too wonderful. I grinned like an idiot.

I so want them to be together! Such chemistry! None of my business, of course, but a girl can dream.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

We need to vote like crazy Monday night! I feel like Maks might just know they're gone so let's give Erin a nice belated birthday present. Tom's hinting he's got a surprise to reveal Monday night that'll surprise everyone. Hopefully it's not something that's going to screw anyone over. I don't want their to be a backlash against these two if they make the final 3 because some rule gets put in place that ensures another person (Chad) goes. Derek's getting his fans rallied by showing them he and Nicole aren't drama queens. Chad will probably have his bandwagon behind him this week. Evan's just so likeable and unoffensive he'll be there.
    I had a sneaking suspicion that Maks was a romantic when I read stories that he was planning more of the wedding than Karina. I'm going to vote like mad on Monday!
    Maks apparently got so flustered when proposing to Karina he had her almost laughing during it, because she never sees him get nervous. From all accounts he seems like a very old school gentleman type. I saw his latest tweet that he was called an "obnoxious immigrant" but I love how he's just laughing those comments off and wanting to stick it to those people (probably fans of other pros). This season has definitely brought out a different Maks.

I agree! He's such a sweetie! A hottie and a sweetie! And I love his blog. He's pretty level-headed, and smart. He used the word "hyperbole" -- correctly! I want them to win the mirror ball trophy. What a great story to tell the grandkids.....

(And Karina laughed at his proposal? Never cared for her anyway...)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3903662;
    I agree! He's such a sweetie! A hottie and a sweetie! And I love his blog. He's pretty level-headed, and smart. He used the word "hyperbole" -- correctly! I want them to win the mirror ball trophy. What a great story to tell the grandkids.....

(And Karina laughed at his proposal? Never cared for her anyway...)
    Eh, I liked her when she was engaged to him, as she seemed different. But who wouldn't when engaged to Maks? Apparently Maks got flustered and made some remark that he'd "been with a lot of women..." but couldn't finish the thought. I noticed on Karina's twitter someone brought up her relationship with Maks and she said she just learned some interesting things why it ended and it was for the best, it's better left alone, but the truth will come out soon. Whatever happened between those 2 I'm pretty much over, as it's probably better they didn't break up after they walked down the aisle or brought kids into this world. But Karina was the one who was more intent on keeping quiet about the details and surprised Maks was saying he was "betrayed" by the situation. I wonder if she misses the limelight and would accidentally let things slip. She sure doesn't get the attention she did when she was with Maks, and she really seemed to enjoy that.

MaksimC
    VERY motivated this week! In my professional dance career no one (except my family) gave me a chance in hell... 'WHY NOT US! WHY NOT US!'
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3903655;
    We need to vote like crazy Monday night! I feel like Maks might just know they're gone so let's give Erin a nice belated birthday present. Tom's hinting he's got a surprise to reveal Monday night that'll surprise everyone. Hopefully it's not something that's going to screw anyone over. I don't want their to be a backlash against these two if they make the final 3 because some rule gets put in place that ensures another person (Chad) goes. Derek's getting his fans rallied by showing them he and Nicole aren't drama queens. Chad will probably have his bandwagon behind him this week. Evan's just so likeable and unoffensive he'll be there.

Maks apparently got so flustered when proposing to Karina he had her almost laughing during it, because she never sees him get nervous. From all accounts he seems like a very old school gentleman type. I saw his latest tweet that he was called an "obnoxious immigrant" but I love how he's just laughing those comments off and wanting to stick it to those people (probably fans of other pros). This season has definitely brought out a different Maks.
    I hadn't heard about this quote from Tom, but the first thing that jumped into my head was the return of the dance-off. Wasn't there a mention by someone (Edyta?) that it would be re-introduced later in the season? If the judges get to decide between the bottom 2 (most probably Erin and Chad), they will surely choose Erin. And you're right, this would cause backlash among Chad fans, although I think they would be hard pressed to really try to claim that Chad was the better overall dancer.

Weighing in on the demise of Maks and Karina, I always felt that Maks had a crush on Karina ever since they knew each other as teenagers, and when they finally got together after many years as friends, at a time when he also had decided he was ready to settle down and start a family, for him it was like a fantasy come true with his dream woman. I don't think Karina was ready for everything Maks was, but was very flattered by his attention (he really knows how to court a woman I suspect) as well as the media attention being with him garnered her, so she went along with the engagement. But as time went on, I suspect Maks learned that his "fantasy Karina" was not exactly who the real Karina was, and that they wanted different things out of life, and he sort of felt misled or betrayed by her, since he gave it, and her, his all (probably for the first time ever) and she didn't, in his opinion. Thus the misunderstanding and messy bitter breakup. I could be totally wrong, but I think he was definitely more hurt/devastated than she was about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3903758;
    I hadn't heard about this quote from Tom, but the first thing that jumped into my head was the return of the dance-off. Wasn't there a mention by someone (Edyta?) that it would be re-introduced later in the season? If the judges get to decide between the bottom 2 (most probably Erin and Chad), they will surely choose Erin. And you're right, this would cause backlash among Chad fans, although I think they would be hard pressed to really try to claim that Chad was the better overall dancer.
    ironcat and kara, I'm uber confused going into next Monday. On the DWTS Media thread, I shared this chart which I think is really important for Erin/Maks fans to see before Monday:

Here's the key:
    purple=#1 in Dial Idol
    blue=#2 in Dial Idol
    green= #3 in Dial Idol
    red =last

The number in ( ) is the busy signals. The ratio in the eliminated box, i.e 1/10, is the DI ranking over the total number of stars. Note that Buzz was #1 the week he was eliminated.

For the past three weeks, including the week that Erin was in the B2, Erin, Evan, and Nicole have been swapping their positions among #1, #2, #3. Nicole has consistently placed high in DI. Evan had 1-2 bad weeks. Erin's early weeks were low, one week she was last. Chad, in the past few weeks, has not been fairing very well.

Of course, the show may very well know 100% the F3 as of right now. They could, however, not know especially if the sum total of voting information shows a neck-in-neck race among the final 4. The judges scores could also be so high for some stars as a way to keep them cushioned against low vote count.

Erin in the B2 worked to get her into the F4, but is that really how far they wanted her to go? Based solely on DI, Nicole and Evan have consistently brought in the votes, so I doubt that they'll be nixed UNLESS they do want a shocker. That they're introducing something to "fuel the finals" makes me think that no shocking eliminations will happen. The shock will be how that 4th person will be eliminated due to this new twist which will put even the show's favorite dancer, Nicole, possibly on the chopping block.

Putting Chad in the B2, the show had to know that it would push Erin out of the competition. That maneuver has worked all season to boost votes for that couple. My only hope for these two kids, if indeed, they are not pulling in the votes, is that this "revelation" is meant to possibly save them.

This show is NUTS!

+ Reply to Thread