+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

I enjoy seeing Maks shirtless and a bare chest was not out of character for the Samba. I wasn't crazy about the move with the pull-off sleeves or the ripping the shirt off, though. I'd probably liked it more if it was more straight forward - come out shirtless or just take it off all at once. Even so, it is hard for me to understand why that caused Len to mark off so much.
    As far as Jake in tighty whities, even though it was in character for that dance (re: Risky Business,) I really didn't enjoy it. I've rewatched that dance and don't get where he received the encore or the score he did. if you look at the actual dance moves, there wasn't much there - and he danced worse in the encore dance than he did the first time. I think the hype of being pantless got him points, whereas Maks taking off his shirt, cost points for Erin.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3887751;
    I posted very much the same last night.
    I just think people, pros and celebs, should think first before making their comments. Maks' comments will end up hurting Erin.
    I don't see what Maks said that was so bad?

And he said he was kidding about the Jake comments, which most everyone figured he was. I was actually hoping they'd get a ding in and bring that up last night. Maks has always been known for speaking his mind, especially when he knows the judges aren't right, and since many agreed the scoring last night was completely bogus, I don't think anything he said will hurt Erin. It's Maks and it wouldn't be if he stayed silent.

Len has often called Edyta out for her skimpy attire (though no other female pro), and during season 5 commented on Cameron's chest being too exposed. I don't think he really goes for the couples dancing half-undressed, but be fair Len. As Tom once said, maybe he really does have pec-envy
    Last edited by karalott; 04-27-2010 at 07:00 PM.

I just don't think it's ever a good idea to fight like that with a judge.
    On any show.
    You don't have to like or agree with the judges, but you should handle yourself, in any competition, with grace and integrity.
    I thought he showed neither. I didn't agree, at all, with Len's scoring / comments about Evan. Evan, however, showed class and displayed it well last night.
    I don't think Maks did, at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by refrigerator;3887737;
    Maksim Chmerkovskiy is a hypocrite, he gets mad at Jake for taking his pants off, which is an iconic scene in Risky Business, and then the next week takes his shirt off for no reason. I can't stand Maks' arrogance, he thinks he is better than everyone and should be rewarded, when in fact Erin is not a great dancer.
    If you read Maks' blog, he clearly says that they were joking about Jake taking his pants off. He was not serious and, of course, the media decided he had some beef with Jake.

I'll just say I disagree that he's arrogant and that Erin is not a great dancer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3887797;
    If you read Maks' blog, he clearly says that they were joking about Jake taking his pants off. He was not serious and, of course, the media decided he had some beef with Jake.

I'll just say I disagree that he's arrogant and that Erin is not a great dancer.
    I will second that.

Erin is by far my favourite dancer - and it doesn't hurt that she and Maks are hawt together

she will get my votes every week - even if she just shows up.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I'd love to see them get the encore dance - another chance to see Maks shirtless - but I wonder if the situation between Len and Maks will make a difference in their dancing this dance again?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3887805;
    I'd love to see them get the encore dance - another chance to see Maks shirtless - but I wonder if the situation between Len and Maks will make a difference in their dancing this dance again?
    Holla! I'll take seconds of that dish ANY day Delish.

I think if the judges want the couples to perform a proper samba, they need to talk to the producers or band about giving them PROPER SAMBA MUSIC, not the ridiculous crap they make them scramble to come up with an engaging routine to. It would definitely result in far fewer gimmicks being thrown in to compensate IMO.

Even though I didn't enjoy seeing Jake without his pants, mostly due to the black socks and shoes he wore that made him look completely dorky, not sexy, I understood why Chelsie choreographed it that way. Maks probably had other options to try to salvage something out of that horrendous music, but as he knows his reputation on the show as the "hot one", I can see why he went the direction he did. I would bet that far more viewers were "entertained" by the striptease than were offended.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3887818;
    I think if the judges want the couples to perform a proper samba, they need to talk to the producers or band about giving them PROPER SAMBA MUSIC, not the ridiculous crap they make them scramble to come up with an engaging routine to. It would definitely result in far fewer gimmicks being thrown in to compensate IMO.

Even though I didn't enjoy seeing Jake without his pants, mostly due to the black socks and shoes he wore that made him look completely dorky, not sexy, I understood why Chelsie choreographed it that way. Maks probably had other options to try to salvage something out of that horrendous music, but as he knows his reputation on the show as the "hot one", I can see why he went the direction he did. I would bet that far more viewers were "entertained" by the striptease than were offended.
    I certainly didn't object Erin was there? Oh yeah. That samba music was horrible. I think sometimes it benefits the couples to try and create a story, which might involve a simple gimmick as dressing the part, for the audience. That's whose vote you can depend on more than the judges. I would think the majority of the audience could care less if they did a proper samba or not, same with Evan/Anna. I like to be entertained, so while I don't discount the dancing completely, it doesn't help if the better dancers bore me.

I'd love to see them get the encore dance as well, finally, and maybe CA and Bruno's 9s will help that (and to totally irritate Len if Maks goes shirtless). I'm betting Chad gets it, though, as he had the growth arc last night.

+ Reply to Thread