+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3901093;
    Darling videos, love these two!

And, I cannot stand that AH reporter. I've seen her interview other stars before, I think she borders on unprofessional with her questions and her ingratiating personality, trying to be buddy-buddy is annoying.
    Agree with everything you have just said. I have never seen that reporter before - but wow, just wow!!

Loved the videos - whether they are dating or not - they are just adorable together and she brings out a side of Maks that we haven't seen in a while. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye;3900077;
    This morning I spent way too much time watching interviews with these two after last night's show. Maks commented that in the rumba, he was supposed to be dancing at the beginning but instead he just stood and watched her. Sigh. They are SO cute together.
    I read your comment yesterday, and went back and watched it again. Oh, the look on his face pretty much says it all. And then the two interviews posted kind of confirm it to me. Let's get these two into the finals - ASAP!!

I'm STILL waiting for someone to tell me why these two did not get a 10 from Carrie Ann and Bruno after the positive comments! There has got to be someone here who saw something; I sure didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3901156;
    I read your comment yesterday, and went back and watched it again. Oh, the look on his face pretty much says it all. And then the two interviews posted kind of confirm it to me. Let's get these two into the finals - ASAP!!

I'm STILL waiting for someone to tell me why these two did not get a 10 from Carrie Ann and Bruno after the positive comments! There has got to be someone here who saw something; I sure didn't!
    Here's my theory about Erin's score. It's by no means the actual rationale, but we'll never get that. Erin went before Nicole. Since Evan and Nicole have been touted as this season's ones-to-watch, they wouldn't dare give Erin a 30 before bestowing one on the greatest dancer in the entire world (accdg to CA). Not certain of this fact but the judges do preview the dances before the live performances. Knowing what was coming from Derek and Nicole, they just wouldn't give it up for Erin.

If Erin's going to break-out as a true competitor to Nicole, she'll do it next week.

Again, I'd love to know the vote breakdowns for this week. For sure, the producers are using that information to their advantage and will possibly sway the judges in that direction. I wonder if Erin fell just above Chad or if she and Maks ended up closer to the top of the heap.

I know that several people are discounting Erin for the finale due to Chad's fanbase, but I'm not sure. It all depends on next week's dances, editing, and votes.

I think the show wants an Erin, Evan, Nicole showdown.

Well I certainly can't speak for "the show" but here's a fan who would love to see that!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3901093;
    Darling videos, love these two!

And, I cannot stand that AH reporter. I've seen her interview other stars before, I think she borders on unprofessional with her questions and her ingratiating personality, trying to be buddy-buddy is annoying.
    She's the one that Tony walked out of the interview with. I haven't watched any of those entertainment news show faithfully in ages. I can't stand Billy Bush, Shawn Robinson is more boring than anything, but I love Maria Menounos (and Nancy O'Dell when she was there). That interview was super cute, though. I'm still skeptical whether they're dating but am beginning to think (again) that maybe there is something going on. I can hope

When you find out, could you tell me?

=karalott;3901231;]That interview was super cute, though. I'm still skeptical whether they're dating but am beginning to think (again) that maybe there is something going on. I can hope
    Kara, get on the bandwagon, lady!

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3901223;
    Here's my theory about Erin's score. It's by no means the actual rationale, but we'll never get that. Erin went before Nicole. Since Evan and Nicole have been touted as this season's ones-to-watch, they wouldn't dare give Erin a 30 before bestowing one on the greatest dancer in the entire world (accdg to CA). Not certain of this fact but the judges do preview the dances before the live performances. Knowing what was coming from Derek and Nicole, they just wouldn't give it up for Erin.

If Erin's going to break-out as a true competitor to Nicole, she'll do it next week.

Again, I'd love to know the vote breakdowns for this week. For sure, the producers are using that information to their advantage and will possibly sway the judges in that direction. I wonder if Erin fell just above Chad or if she and Maks ended up closer to the top of the heap.

I know that several people are discounting Erin for the finale due to Chad's fanbase, but I'm not sure. It all depends on next week's dances, editing, and votes.

I think the show wants an Erin, Evan, Nicole showdown.
    veg out - thanks for explaining this! I didn't know the judges get to preview the dances, and I agree with you that they were "saving" their 10's for Nicole at that point. I still think the AT deserved ALL 10's! The
    three of them didn't give any negative criticism at all. I thought they would all give 10's. If they're not going to, then they'd better give the viewers a reason IMO! I hope Erin knocks it out of the ballpark next week. Maks has already said it will be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3901252;
    veg out - thanks for explaining this! I didn't know the judges get to preview the dances,
    I'm not absolutely certain that they do, but from reading various forums, etc. I did glean that they see dress rehearsal, mostly so that they can formulate reaction comments to the dance (we'd need an insider to confirm the speculation!) Anyway, it is a TV production. They need to be sure that the comments are witty and sharp. Perhaps I'm way off point with this next comment, but I think the producers may not share the voting information with the judges but they certainly suggest their desired leaderboard.

Let's look at last week. Isn't it incredible that Evan ends up on top in the individual but hey! Nicole ties it up after the cha-cha challenge? That's why Evan could get a 30 last week! They knew exactly how to score people, even giving Niecy her 9, but still end up with a leaderboard where Pam was above her.

Again, I'm theorizing everything Too much time in Bachelor world makes me skeptical of any and all reality shows even if voting is involved. From the past few weeks, the editing, the scoring it all points to an Erin, Evan, Nicole showdown. The public might disagree; I'm not sure how much they impact things in reality.

I'd be amazed if there were a backlash next week and Nicole ended up in the B2. But, if Derek is moving on after this season, there's no way in heck that'll happen
    Last edited by veg_out; 05-12-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3900120;
    Love these two - they have such fun together..

Erin Andrews gets kudos from partner on Wk 8 | Video | abc7.com
    Great video. I love the way he looks at Erin. Surely there is something going on between them.

eta: love your avatar jucamer
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3901266;
    I'm not absolutely certain that they do, but from reading various forums, etc. I did glean that they see dress rehearsal, mostly so that they can formulate reaction comments to the dance (we'd need an insider to confirm the speculation!) Anyway, it is a TV production. They need to be sure that the comments are witty and sharp. Perhaps I'm way off point with this next comment, but I think the producers may not share the voting information with the judges but they certainly suggest their desired leaderboard.

Let's look at last week. Isn't it incredible that Evan ends up on top in the individual but hey! Nicole ties it up after the cha-cha challenge? That's why Evan could get a 30 last week! They knew exactly how to score people, even giving Niecy her 9, but still end up with a leaderboard where Pam was above her.

Again, I'm theorizing everything Too much time in Bachelor world makes me skeptical of any and all reality shows even if voting is involved. From the past few weeks, the editing, the scoring it all points to an Erin, Evan, Nicole showdown. The public might disagree; I'm not sure how much they impact things in reality.

I'd be amazed if there were a backlash next week and Nicole ended up in the B2. But, if Derek is moving on after this season, there's no way in heck that'll happen
    Again, I think you're right on target. When I started watching The Bachelor, I actually thought everything was "real." (My first season was Andy/Tessa). I quickly learned it wasn't and learned about how things were manipulated for our pleasure. Until this season, I thought DWTS was the same way, but I now doubt that too. I started watching thinking everyone was on the same level, except for Buzz. I guess I'm OK with their having an older contestant who will leave in the first part of the series, but I am definitely not OK with a pre-determined ringer/winner. Yeah, if Derek is not coming back, they've already decided the outcome - no matter what the voters do!

+ Reply to Thread