+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Just for fun: I just watched our local late news that I DVR'd last night. There was a segment about the chemistry between the pairs of dancers. A local reporter was on the set. Who did she ask about the chemistry? KARINA! Actually, Karina didn't mention Erin and Maks, although they showed a clip. She talked about the chemistry she had with Mario, then they put the camera on Mark and Kim Kardashian. Kim said something about your face being so close to the other person's all of the time.

I just thought it was funny how they picked Karina to ask about the chemistry between the dancers!

Elisabeth never even called Erin at all?!?!

Just when I thought that Twit couldn't sink any lower.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3899690;

No, that's a misrepresentation of events. Elisabeth did call Erin but Erin did not answer her phone call. I assume it went to voicemail. So, yes, US Weekly probably correctly quoted Erin as saying, "I never talked to her, no," but the full details were, of course, omitted for dramatic effect. Oh, US Weekly.

I'm not an EH fan, but I'm also not a fan of media bias and sensationalistic journalism.

Any thoughts on Maks' choreography this season? It seems less impressive than his Mel B season. Is he holding back to wow us in the upcoming weeks?

With Derek out in front, Maks needs to up his game.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3899690;

In fairness, it's really not up to Elisabeth, it's Grace's call.
    Perhaps Grace changed her mind and decided Erin could suck it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3899697;
    In fairness, it's really not up to Elisabeth, it's Grace's call.
    Perhaps Grace changed her mind and decided Erin could suck it.
    Now, now, Grace. Is that any way to be considered the major Jedi Master of our time?

And I'm glad Erin didn't take Elisabeth's phone call. If I was her, I would've not picked up and then blocked the number. Erin doesn't need that faux apology.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

Erin & Maks were great during their first dance and just medium during their second. Their AT was hot and Erin looked stunning. There was some definite chemistry going on during that dance! I almost wish their AT was their second dance so as to leave a stronger impression with the voters. I am really hoping that Erin' great performance this week, along with being in the bottom two last week and Elizabeth's ridiculous comments, garners more votes for Erin this week. She deserves to be in the finals.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3899696;
    Any thoughts on Maks' choreography this season? It seems less impressive than his Mel B season. Is he holding back to wow us in the upcoming weeks?

With Derek out in front, Maks needs to up his game.
    I actually think he's doing great. I think where Erin and Mel differ is that Erin has those long limbs and nerves, and Mel was in a season where they wanted a female winner, was built more like a brick, and had a sassy, spunky, not a care in the world attitude. She and Maks had a different sort of chemistry than Erin, but she was the first one to really put Maks in his place. I doubt he ever made her cry Erin's had problems with some of the dances, but overall I've enjoyed seeing Maks have a partner with potential for the first time since season 5. I've definitely enjoyed seeing him and Anna get to really go for it this season and not have to hold back because they have to get dragged across the floor or drag their partners across the floor. I loved their cha cha, AT, blindfolded waltz, will probably love their paso if they get to next week, samba, and their jive.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3899569;
    That jump was INCREDIBLE!!!! I'm so glad that they brought it last night. Man, they were on fire! The rumba left something to be desired, but they looked like they were having fun. Loved the ending. Loved it
    The best part about the AT for me was afterwards, when Maks spazzed out on the floor in happiness and then kissed Erin on the cheek. And was he messing with her skirt or something when the judges were talking? Is that why Tom told him to behave?

Yay for Erin for doing the jump!

Len gave Erin and Maks a 10 for their AT. Carrie Ann and Bruno both gave them a 9. Can anyone tell me why they didn't give them a 10 too? What did they see that they were lacking? I rewatched it just now and thought it deserved all 10's, but I did notice they did not get a standing ovation.

+ Reply to Thread