+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3896701;
    No problem! I always look forward to Maks's blogs but this week, of course, I especially couldn't wait. I think he said all that needed to be said. He's been trying to make this a fun experience for Erin to try and help her move forward and realize she can live her life, and as soon as he does that, someone goes and makes some stupid remark that gets her feeling bad again. I think DWTS has been a good thing for both Erin and Maks. He, after his break up with Karina last season and not having her around this time, and her, for all she's been through, getting to do something she's wanted to for so long and be able to put her focus elsewhere. I'd like to see Erin/Maks boycott a View appearance but I think they're bigger than that. I'm sure it'll be all smiles onstage but backstage probably not so much. Hopefully Elisabeth doesn't use Erin's appearance to try and make herself look good and like she can understand what she's going through.
    I'll add my thanks too! I really didn't "know" Maks until this season. He is a riot! He's an intelligent guy, and I love his sense of humor. Since we're discussing the two of them, I'll bring up their chemistry again. Those of you who are long-time Maks fans, is Erin the type of girl you think he would fall for? I love the interaction between the two of them, and I do think there is something there. I've noticed the looks, and my daughter has pointed out some signs that someone her age would notice. Or does he usually prefer another type? Just having fun with this - what can I say? I'm a romantic at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3896747;
    I'll add my thanks too! I really didn't "know" Maks until this season. He is a riot! He's an intelligent guy, and I love his sense of humor. Since we're discussing the two of them, I'll bring up their chemistry again. Those of you who are long-time Maks fans, is Erin the type of girl you think he would fall for? I love the interaction between the two of them, and I do think there is something there. I've noticed the looks, and my daughter has pointed out some signs that someone her age would notice. Or does he usually prefer another type? Just having fun with this - what can I say? I'm a romantic at heart!
    Beachmom, you're not alone! I'd love to hear what Kara or any other Maks fan thinks of these two

I echo your sentiments about Maks' attractive qualities. The most attractive thing about him presently is the way he interacts with Erin. Beyond just the way he has looked at her in interviews, I love the way he talks about her and to her. He's careful with her feelings. It killed me that "that was it" when he saw her teary-eyed over the EH comment. I don't know much, but I can't imagine that either of them will walk away from this season unchanged and without being deeply affected by the other.

While I don't know much about Karina, I can say that Maks and Erin have built a relationship--be it friendship or romance--based on more levels than just physical attraction. There's this emotional and intellectual bond between them which, if they wanted it, would make for something very lasting.

Try to find the Access Hollywood interview post-Jive. In it, Maks talks about his mom. The whole "bad boy" image is just a cover; look to a boy's relationship with his mom to learn how he feels about women. Underneath all that machismo, there's a very tender, sweet guy. Erin's, indeed, ruining his image
    Last edited by veg_out; 05-07-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks had a very close relationship with his family. He credits his parents all the time for getting him where he's going and all he's achieved, and commented the most fun he has on the show is when his brother comes on and dances with him. This is the first time Maks's brother was on the show, but definitely one of my favorite pro performances ever (it was during season 4):

YouTube - Maksim Chermkovskiy & Karina Smirnoff vs. Maks' Brother DWTS

The only public relationship I've ever seen Maks have was with Karina. Elsewhere this season I've read Maks and Erin both want the same things out of a relationship; they want a commited one and not just a fling, they want the whole married with kids but also want to balance careers, both are especially close to their families. I think both are really passionate about their respective careers. He's had a lot of fun with different partners (Laila Ali and Mel B) but never had this type of chemistry with any of them. Of course all but 2 of his partners were married or involved with someone Even if there's not anything romantic going on, I think Maks just has a really huge heart for people. Karina said it, and others close to him have said he's very sentimental and sensitive to people's feelings. Tom himself has said Maks is just a big marshmellow, and I've believed for many seasons now his arrogance and overconfident attitude is more of a gimmick in itself than the real deal. He's made his partners cry, he's touted as the bad boy of the ballroom, he always gets the edit where he appears overbearing in wanting to get his way-but that's the image on the show and therefore the edit he's going to get. After this season, of seeing Aiden make Edyta cry and mild mannered Tony nearly go off the deep end with Kate, I don't think many people will look at Maks in such a negative light anymore where that's concerned.

Maks is outspoken and stands by what he says, no matter how unpopular but will speak out if his words are taken out of context. I'm sure people will call him a hypocrite for calling Elisabeth out after he's been known to put his foot in mouth, but I think he did it in a very respectful way and it's not like her words got taken out of context; she said them on live TV. I think his type is really what the show needs to stay true to the format on which it was started. I did find it kind of humorous that one of the Strictly pros who's afraid of getting axed for their upcoming season said he's "the bad boy of his show, very outspoken and opinionated". To which I'm thinking 'um, yeah, you'd fit in fine over here'
    Last edited by karalott; 05-07-2010 at 10:27 PM.

I tend to pay attention to the dances rather than the personalities or relationships. Having said that, I do feel that I've come to know the pros a little after watching so many seasons. ITA with Karalott about Maks. I will add that he strikes me as an old world type gentleman. The macho, tough on the outside and marshmallow inside kind of fits that. I heard he got Erin several bunches of flowers for her birthday and I just love it. I was raised that a gentleman may give a lady flowers, or candy. Perhaps even perfume. But none of these tacky, ridiculously expensive gifts like Chad has given Cheryl, which I find offensive. (Yes, I am old fashioned, but I think Maks' momma trained him well.)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Was Elisabeth Hasselbeck forced to apologize for Erin Andrews comments? « Entertainment

Was Elisabeth Hasselbeck forced to apologize for Erin Andrews comments?
    (Reuters/AP)
    Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s tearful apology to Erin Andrews on “The View” may have been Barbara Walters’ idea, according to a new report from PopEater.com.

Earlier this week, Hasselbeck publicly apologized for her comments against stalking victim Andrews on “The View.” Hasselbeck said on an earlier show that Andrews’ convicted stalker could have avoided prison by waiting 12 weeks to see more skin revealed in her costumes on “Dancing With the Stars.”

Andrews later told Access Hollywood that Hasselbeck’s comments brought her to tears.

"I think people can have opinions about the costumes and the show," Andrews said. "But my biggest complaint is she's a woman and a mother and there was giggling [and] it was a mockery of something I've lived through this past year. I felt like it was a slap in the face for victims of stalkers and victims of sexual predators."

But while Hasselbeck was genuinely remorseful for her comments, PopEater reports that Walters was the one who said that she had to apologize, not only to rectify the situation, but also for a ratings boost.

"Barbara thought it would be a good idea to have Elisabeth apologize on air," an insider told columnist Rob Shuter. "No one is more professional than Barbara, and since the comment was made on 'The View,' the apology should also be made on 'The View.' Plus, all this drama is GREAT for ratings."

And during these tough times, Hasselbeck has reportedly been leaning on her friend Sarah Palin for support. According to PopEater, the two have kept in touch since the election and Palin is offering her the support she needs.

What do you think? Was Elisabeth’s apology a necessity?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3896928;
    The only public relationship I've ever seen Maks have was with Karina. l
    I'm pretty sure he was also involved with Willa Ford, his partner in season 3. As I recall, it wasn't a secret at the time. I don't know how long that lasted though.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't see Erin being that interested in him. I mean would she really want to marry a pro dancer with her line of work being all about interviewing (usually) men? I don't see that ever working out, but they are cute together. I think they will be great friends, a fun flirtation but don't see this as a romance with a chance, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3897089;
    I don't see Erin being that interested in him. I mean would she really want to marry a pro dancer with her line of work being all about interviewing (usually) men? I don't see that ever working out, but they are cute together. I think they will be great friends, a fun flirtation but don't see this as a romance with a chance, lol.

Why would he being a dancer & her having a job interviewing men make any difference? I'm sorry - I just don't get the correlation

Elsewhere this season I've read Maks and Erin both want the same things out of a relationship; they want a committed one and not just a fling, they want the whole married with kids but also want to balance careers, both are especially close to their families. I think both are really passionate about their respective careers. He's had a lot of fun with different partners (Laila Ali and Mel B) but never had this type of chemistry with any of them.
    Kara, as always, thanks for your great comments. Regarding their dancing, that chemistry creates fun or passionate performances. While I wasn't the biggest fan of their tango (Erin doesn't do "looking *pissed*" well), hopefully the argentine tango with its sharp footwork and passion will present better. Their rumba might just explode if Erin can get the hips down.

Of course, I'm a shipper, but I'm starting to realize that we'll keep guessing until it's either confirmed or flat-out denied. Two months into their partnership, Erin and Maks have probably weathered a few stages in their relationship. We witnessed the few weeks of wild attraction/flirtation/self-consciousness. Then they became more comfortable. Starting with the samba, their interactions changed--in front of the cameras, at least. Given all they've gone through together with the media chaos, I assume that they're very close. How close is anyone's guess.

What comes after this season, well, life will surely change for Erin. Whether she stays at ESPN or moves into something entirely different, only she and Maks can decide if they want to move beyond the ballroom. Surely, they'll remain friends.

I can't wait for Monday!!!

What do you think? Was Elisabeth’s apology a necessity?
    I think we'll have to get back to them if and when we see something that resembles an actual apology -- something that doesn't blame Erin again for having the nerve to have hurt feelings and is free from Elisabeth's self-pity blubberings and wild fables regarding her daughter's superpowers.

What's a shipper, veg_out? Someone who thinks there's a relationship between Erin and Maks?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread