+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3894692;
    That's been over for some time and I think it was only a relationship in Nastia's mind. Evan never confirmed they were even dating.
    It is good to know they are still friends:

NLiukin: 2010 Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular starring Olympic Champions Evan Lysacek and Nastia Liukin~October 3 in Allen 2010 Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular starring Olympic Champi... on Twitpic
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3894481;
    Hopefully all of those attacking Elisabeth will now applaud her for her heartfelt apology to Erin. Somehow I doubt it though. People seem to prefer to report on the negative instead of the positive.
    I just watched the video clips of the original segment and Elisbeth's apology. Surprised at how much Elisabeth made the apology all about her, her feelings, etc. Heartfelt and sincere apologies are straight up, "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings". Not this, I was so sad wah wah wah, Grace Grace Grace wah wah wah, I just felt so bad. No she didn't apologize for the remark, just for "hurting Erin's feelings." Not the same thing. Also noticed that the original piece was a produced segment, not an off the cuff remark. Gabrielle and Sherry comment on discussing it before the show. Erin is also owned an apology by the producers of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3894653;
    I noticed They looked so happy a couple of weeks ago - I wonder if the media harping on them got to them, or maybe they are cooling it until the show is over? But I read somewhere that Maks was interested in Erin's sister? And Erin was interested in Evan? Maks looked so happy with her though. Who knows......
    I think there is still something there. I also think Erin and Evan have grown very close, and I thought I saw Nastia in the audience two or three weeks ago next to Evan's mom. If it IS anything, it's probably Evan who's interested in Erin, just going by what I see. My daughter walked in while I was watching one night and stopped when they were showing Erin and Maks waiting for results. She commented that he "is so into her." I asked her how she could tell, and she said to look at how his arm is around her and his hand is moving and squeezing her waist. She said you don't do that with someone you're just good friends with. IDK - again, it may be just because they've grown so close because of all of this. I'm still not giving up on them as a couple. I guess we'll see. I can't wait to see the AT next week. The physicality and the size of the two of them should help them blow it off the charts!

Just to get off the subject of that horrid Hasselbeck -- and I agree that a 'Sorry I hurt your feelings' is no kind of apology for suggesting that a victim deserved to be violated and that Elisabeth was directed by ABC to make the apology as damage control -- I'll put some gossip out there to try and lighten the mood.

I saw something somewhere online that suggested that there was something going on between Maks and Pam which fit with what looked like her mouthing things to him on at least one show and on another show he handed her a heart pillow after she came off the floor from dancing and he was sitting with Erin on the couches. Pam then looked back at Maks a few times while talking to Brooke. I can't remember where I saw it online and it's still unsubstantiated gossip anyway, but I wondered if anyone else picked up a Maks and Pam vibe.
    Last edited by chrisg; 05-05-2010 at 04:52 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3894674;
    It's very curious, isn't it? They were electric onscreen. Odd disconnect, however, in that Maks' tweets are always about Erin. It seemed like they had a smashingly good time in New York. They did have adorable moments during Team Madonna rehearsal and performance. In front of the cameras, though, both during the show and in interviews, they stand independent of each other. The other couples are always in each others' space. It's a stark contrast to their earlier interactions; guess that's why I noticed.

Yes, Evan and Erin, Maks and Kendra are just odd to consider. Whatever works, but I miss the Erin/Maks bickering. They were hilarious.
    Kendra is a dancer so maybe there's that connection between her and Maks. I have noticed they haven't been the same but I don't think they've cooled it that much. It could be all the pressure they're facing from the judges. And I'm sure the negative comments surrounding Erin aren't helping. It could be there was nothing going on in the first place, and since they aren't letting anything slip and have more or less denied a relationship, people are moving on. I'm kind of glad, actually (not that they aren't dating, just that the show has dropped it). I think they still have that fun brother/sister attitude, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3894665;
    Elizabeth apologized because she knew she had to - it wasn't heartfelt. She was probably crying because she felt victimized by everyone denouncing her ignorance. I'd blame her comments on her usual inability to think before she speaks, but this one sounds pretty thought out, since there were graphics prepared ahead of time. So, even with prep time, she comes across as an ignorant, inarticulate teenager. Comparing anything Maks has said to Elizabeth's hateful remarks is off the mark: criticizing someone's dancing isn't even in the same ballpark as what Elizabeth said about Erin.

Erin's dealt with more crap this season that the yammerings of some talk show twit, so I'm sure she's getting on with it and working hard. I'm excited to see their AT. It should be beautiful because she and Maks both have beautiful, long lines.
    I agree with everything in this most eloquent post. Thanks for summing it up so nicely.

Erin is a strong woman and I have great admiration for her in taking charge of her life and moving forward after such a violation of her privacy.

I love the AT, so I'm quite looking forward to their take on the dance.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3894766;
    Just to get off the subject of that horrid Hasselbeck -- and I agree that a 'Sorry I hurt your feelings' is no kind of apology for suggesting that a victim deserved to be violated and that Elisabeth was directed by ABC to make the apology as damage control -- I'll put some gossip out there to try and lighten the mood.
    Agreed and thank you!

I saw something somewhere online that suggested that there was something going on between Maks and Pam which fit with what looked like her mouthing things to him on at least one show and on another show he handed her a heart pillow after she came off the floor from dancing and he was sitting with Erin on the couches. Pam then looked back at Maks a few times while talking to Brooke. I can't remember where I saw it online and it's still unsubstantiated gossip anyway, but I wondered if anyone else picked up a Maks and Pam vibe.
    This is believable. And now I'm curious! I may have to go back and rewatch the behind the scenes with the pillow.

I thought Elisabeth's apology seemed sincere. Erin is such a genuine person. Have not noticed any interaction between Maks and Pam, but that is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3894883;
    I agree with everything in this most eloquent post. Thanks for summing it up so nicely.

Erin is a strong woman and I have great admiration for her in taking charge of her life and moving forward after such a violation of her privacy.

I love the AT, so I'm quite looking forward to their take on the dance.
    I also admire Erin for having the courage to move forward and not let others' craziness deter her. It boggles my mind that some would put her down because she refuses to accept the role of victim.

I'm looking forward to their AT as well. I agree with those who have stated that this dance should suit them.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3894497;
    It was a very emotional and heartfelt apology. Hopefully Erin, Maks, etc. will acknowledge it and move forward and that it will be a learning experience. Maks of all people should know that at times words that are not meant to be hurtful can be. He has no problem spouting off whatever is on his mind. When has he apologized?
    dancingfan you do make an excellent point. Maks is quite outspoken and is a tough teacher, so I am sure his celeb partners have been on that side of his not-meant-to-be-hurtful words.

As much as I cannot stand Elizabeth (well, her views really) I did sense that her apology was sincere and not done because she had to. When you have to admit to your child that you hurt someone else's feelings and made that public I can imagine how humbling that experience would be. But I will say that this is a teachable moment for us, her child and I guess for Maks too. Words can hurt and can't be undone.

I am not the biggest Erin fan, but am really looking forward to her and Mak's AT as I am sure that it will be hot and passionate. She does seem to have a great relationship with him and brings out a softer side in him that is really appealing. He is in my mind, the bad boy/nice guy personified.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread