+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I read some but not all of this thread and I think I agree with the masses.
    I put my votes in for Erin & Maks and Evan & Anna. I am particularly annoyed with the order of the swing elimination an if nothing else ... Erin and Maks should have won that. They were dancing the entire time while Derek and Nicole took several "breaks" where he held her upside down or in another lift position for a breather.

Did Tom call Erin and Maks "you two lovebirds" as they left for the Celebraquarium ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3887157;
    I read some but not all of this thread and I think I agree with the masses.
    I put my votes in for Erin & Maks and Evan & Anna. I am particularly annoyed with the order of the swing elimination an if nothing else ... Erin and Maks should have won that. They were dancing the entire time while Derek and Nicole took several "breaks" where he held her upside down or in another lift position for a breather.

Did Tom call Erin and Maks "you two lovebirds" as they left for the Celebraquarium ?
    I thought the swing dance was a mess. I don't think Derek/Nicole really brought it until the very end, which doesn't make sense if they're supposed to be dancing the whole time. I thought overall it was kind of hard to see certain couples, as the camera seemed to focus on a select few. Jake/Chelsie going out first was a crock. Overall, the couples look awkward out there. It's like a school dance where you force the boys and girls to mingle and they just stand around and sway in place on the floor.

I noticed that remark from Tom, which I thought was weird both when he said it and the fact that they did nothing tonight to even draw attention to the showmance rumors. Maybe Tom knows something we don't and let it slip?

I kind of got what Maks was going for with the striptease, and knew something was up when I saw he had on a tux for a samba. The ridiculously inappropriate choice of music was a godawful version of "A Fifth of Beethoven", so it made sense to put him in formal wear and then start peeling, but I think he took it too far, and should have left the shirt on (not that I'm complaining!). Erin's costume I have a hard time finding an excuse for however. Just awful. Still love them!
    I'll never object to Maks going shirtless on this show He mentioned in his blog they had non-samba music, and he wasn't kidding. When the band started up I want to cry. Erin's costume was a mess (and I do think Karina wore something similar in a previous season-but if Maks misses her he has a hard time showing it, as last report said they weren't speaking and couldn't stand the sight of each other). I think his costume made sense, but maybe he should have left it to the sleeves being ripped off, though no matter what Len was going to rip them. I loved it when Maks gestured to the audience to see if they had a problem with his striptease. I don't get Len's issue though in regards to thinking they've been gimmick heavy.

I do think Maks has used too many gimmicks and I think Len is trying to tell him he doesn't need to. He has someone with some dance experience and who has rhythm. He's used a blindfold, menu, and now stripped during dance. If it was just 1 it wouldn't be bad but now it's too much. And the strip took away from the dance because you then look at him versus her and she was dancing well. If he just did a straight dance I think she could keep up with the top in weeks to come but if he keeps pushing it because he's made at the judges he will punish the wrong person.

I want a shirtless Chad can I have one please?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3887126;
    (clip) CA and Bruno seemed to be in love with Mya where Len bashed them every week, mainly for gimmicks. So it is just Derek, Nicole, Dmitry, and Mya appeal to what CA and Bruno like to see in a dancer/couple? How is it Len can see mistakes in her dance, and she got called out for her quick step and rumba, but still got very decent scores as a result? Whereas Evan took a huge hit for not doing a proper samba.
    I can understand this from the judges' point of view: in both cases with Nicole, it was really Derek's choregraphy at fault, not her performance of it; she performed what Derek gave her correctly. With Evan, the problem was in his execution, not anything Anna did. I think the judges prefer not to penalize the star for a pro's misguidance whenever possible, which to me is fair.

Nicole does have Mya's seriousness and competitiveness, which I can see would be a turn-off to some. But I think she has 10x the personality that Mya had, even if she doesn't turn it up to 11 all the time the way someone like Niecy does. She should try to lighten up more, but overall I enjoy watching her dance, which is all it takes for me to forgive other things. This was really true for me with Li'l Kim, when others wanted to judge her past rather than her performance and gracious behavior on the show. I loved watching Kim dance, but I did not enjoy watching Mya or Melissa dance. At that point, it's open season on them.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3887157;
    Maybe it was a joke about their little rehearsal spats?

From Evan's Twitter page:

Had so much fun dancing with Anna tonight. Really sad with the judges comments. Congrats to all the other amazing couples dances!!!

He is so sweet and so gracious.

Evan's a doll. I'll give him all my votes come finale. I'd like to see him win.

Tom did call them lovebirds but I don't read much into that. I think it's because that's their schtick on the show. If they really are dating I don't think they will admit to it until show is over, but I get the feeling now that they are more just friends.

OK. WTH was going on tonight!
    I can only assume that the judges were trying to pump up the scores for those people who are pretty low at vote getting.
    There's no way I would have equated Evan's dance with Niecy's. And, I would not have given such high marks to Erin / Maks, but I have a feeling that she gets very low scores. I was especially disappointed after Erin's rude comment last week about Jake's Risky Business dance. At least the dance fit with the movie. Whereas, I didn't feel Maks needed to take his shirt off. It came off as totally pandering. And, I didn't like Maks' comment to Len. Maks, get over yourself and be more humble. Don't talk back to the judges - viewers don't like it! I do have to give Erin points for not talking back to the judges like Maks did.
    I thought Pam was very underscored. I think she gets so into the mood of the dance and whatever character she is embodying. I just love watching her.
    I think Jake has been improving though I didn't feel tonight was his best dance.
    I'm very tired of Nicole's overly dramatic long faces and awe whren she learns her scores. She did well tonight, as usual, but there's no room for her to grow at all.
    I'm just not finding Niecy at all funny and I really don't care for the routines they're doing.
    I don't even want to discuss the grading the judges did for the swing.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-27-2010 at 12:54 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

What is it with the stiff legs tonight? It's like everyone can "get" the upper body, but the legs and feet have fallen behind the learning curve. It seems that in previous seasons the top four or five had the footwork, but needed to work on dramatic presentations, while this group can present, but still can't dance.

For most improved in footwork, I'm going to have to go with Niecy, even if thinking about the footwork took away from her complete presentation. Erin has got to un-hinge or loosen up on stage or stop thinking all together. I love her long line. but she needs to fly. Jake is heavy footed. As is Chad. Evan floats, but for latin, too much. Pamela can do the footwork, but tonight the emphasis was on the slow seduction, there was not quick foot flips in the middle section so we could see that she could do it. I noticed the stiffest legs, but not feet, on Nicole tonight...it just looked odd.

Strange season with no obvious favorite or favorites for me.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread