+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Horrible about the death threats. I don't understand some people. They were saying on GMA this morning that she's gotten a lot of criticism and even blame for the stalker and now the death threats. Blame the victim? I don't get that at all.

Love this pair and how Erin knocks a peg off Maks' ego. I'm even liking him this season because of her. I hope they go far.

FORT Regular

Karalott, have you ever heard the singers do a good job? I can't remember a time where I thought, "Hey, those folks can sing!"

This couple are awesome together on the dance floor, a pleasure to watch.
    I hope Erin can feel secure in the dwts arena. Hopefully, Maks gives her the support she needs to get through this craziness. Has the person doing the threatening been apprehended?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3870902;
    Horrible about the death threats. I don't understand some people. They were saying on GMA this morning that she's gotten a lot of criticism and even blame for the stalker and now the death threats. Blame the victim? I don't get that at all.

Love this pair and how Erin knocks a peg off Maks' ego. I'm even liking him this season because of her. I hope they go far.
    I've heard the same thing and some of those comments on the sites where the articles are listed are horrible. I've heard people call her a hypocrite for doing this show when she has a flirty nature/potential romance with her partner and where the costumes can leave a lot to be desired. The people in question who said this don't think Erin is that traumatized over the incidents to be able to go out and act in a sexy manner. Which again translates to, she shouldn't be allowed to have fun. I think being in what was usually a male dominated field (and still is) and breaking the barrier a little may be a lot of the negativity surrounding Erin.

Karalott, have you ever heard the singers do a good job? I can't remember a time where I thought, "Hey, those folks can sing!"
    Umm......

Broadway, thanks for that tidbit. I didn't know they were even aware of what it was. I don't think he's been arrestted but how can they not? He's making death threats against a woman! I would think the first amendment doesn't cover writing letters describing what a thrill it is to shoot a woman in the face. I do think that, much like the Shawn Johnson stalker situation, Erin's in the best place she can be, security wise. And I think Maks would pummel the first person who said hi to her in a funny tone. What I don't get is, Erin's camp just found out about these death threats recently I believe. Yet the DJ who had actually received them got them back in September but never told anyone?

I don't know why I have an uneasy feeling about these two. I don't think they're in any danger of leaving tonight, but I feel like the truly shocking eliminations of the season would be these 2, Nicole, and Evan. And I feel like these two would come up short in the process. I don't know, I'm just getting bad vibes they might go earlier than expected/deserved to. Hopefully it's just me worrying and we see them in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3871055;
    I've heard the same thing and some of those comments on the sites where the articles are listed are horrible. I've heard people call her a hypocrite for doing this show when she has a flirty nature/potential romance with her partner and where the costumes can leave a lot to be desired. The people in question who said this don't think Erin is that traumatized over the incidents to be able to go out and act in a sexy manner. Which again translates to, she shouldn't be allowed to have fun. I think being in what was usually a male dominated field (and still is) and breaking the barrier a little may be a lot of the negativity surrounding Erin.

Umm......

Broadway, thanks for that tidbit. I didn't know they were even aware of what it was. I don't think he's been arrestted but how can they not? He's making death threats against a woman! I would think the first amendment doesn't cover writing letters describing what a thrill it is to shoot a woman in the face. I do think that, much like the Shawn Johnson stalker situation, Erin's in the best place she can be, security wise. And I think Maks would pummel the first person who said hi to her in a funny tone. What I don't get is, Erin's camp just found out about these death threats recently I believe. Yet the DJ who had actually received them got them back in September but never told anyone?

I don't know why I have an uneasy feeling about these two. I don't think they're in any danger of leaving tonight, but I feel like the truly shocking eliminations of the season would be these 2, Nicole, and Evan. And I feel like these two would come up short in the process. I don't know, I'm just getting bad vibes they might go earlier than expected/deserved to. Hopefully it's just me worrying and we see them in the finals
    Karalott, I have the same uneasy feeling as you, as this couple just seems to be getting overlooked, even though I think (and scores indicate) they are one of the best.

The negative feedback of some idiots towards Erin is disgusting, plain and simple. Is she now supposed to become a nun or dress in a burlap sack? She is beautiful and has a great figure, and I actually think Maks is not dressing her as sexy as he could be, considering she's got the goods. I hate to use the "women are jealous" and "men are bitter/intimidated" argument, but I can't fathom how else they can spin this as a slam against Erin, who has done nothing wrong.

Can anybody tell me the story of their dance last night?
    I know she was blindfolded for a bit, but I don't know what the story was about.

Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think the story was just a simple one of trust. By putting the blindfold on, Erin was saying she trusted Maks to get her through the dance and nothing bad would happen. It might have been a message to go along with the ordeals she's been facing, too.

I don't know why, but I just feel like that the only reason Erin's getting any publicity at the moment is because of her romance rumors and the horrible death threats/peeping tom incident. Otherwise, I think she'd probably get lost in the shuffle of some of the other couples. Eventually even people may grow tired of reporting every spark of chemistry between these two. Maks is good at coming up with good routines and really working Erin with what's she got and he's a traditionalist when it comes to dancing by the rules. But when you compare to the more entertaining Evan/Anna, Derek/Nicole, Pamela/Damian, and I guess to an extent Jake/Chelsie, I feel like they may fall by the wayside.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-06-2010 at 04:40 PM.

I think it was to teach her to trust him, or something, I wasn't interested enough to really pay attention

I can't say I particularly like Erin so far.
    I'm just not warming to her.
    I don't think her face is especially pretty either.
    Yes, she has a good figure and is very statuesque, but her face just isn't all that pretty, imo.

I do like her dancing though. She has a lot of elegance about her and I think as good as she already is she does have room to improve.
    I hope she stays around for a while because I think I'll enjoy watching her get better and better.
    I agree with those that fear she might be over-looked by voters. I hope that won't be the case.
    "That's Numberwang!"

So happy Maks/Erin will be here next week! I think it dawned on me who their chemistry reminds me of; not Apolo/Julianne, but more like Louie/Chelsie. I really am getting to the point where I'd be surprised if they're really dating seriously, and aren't just really good friends. But maybe I'm wrong. I doubt either will kiss or tell or worry about it now. Erin seems to have such a good support system given all she's going through. Evan said that he had his skate blades ready to defend her with.

I can't say I particularly like Erin so far.
    I'm just not warming to her.
    I don't think her face is especially pretty either.
    Yes, she has a good figure and is very statuesque, but her face just isn't all that pretty, imo.
    Erin to me looks very much like a jock, and I think she was a big athlete in her younger years. She's still got that look that female athletes seem to have. Even though she's doing wonderfully so far, I kind of feel like her height might hinder her.

I think I'm beginning to realize why I'm worried about these two. I think Erin is fantastic and can go a long way in getting even better. But I'm feeling like she might be peaking a little too early. Her and Maks's chemistry, her hot cha cha and elegant foxtrot and waltz. I just think down the road, there might not be much else to make her stand out. There's still a lot of good Maks dances to come and I love his choreography, so I'm not too worried. Someone like Niecy looks to have a lot of potential not yet seen in her yet, and she has a sense of humor that makes you wanting more. Chad is very popular and even though I think Cheryl's leaving a lot to be desired with the dance routines, I don't expect him going anywhere anytime soon. Not really sure where Pamela and Jake are going to end up in the long run. I feel either could wind up going really far or in the next few weeks. I think Evan and Nicole are the two to beat right now. But in all of that with the couples, I'm not sure where Erin will end up. And once people stop talking about their chemistry and move onto to the next stalker scandal with someone else, I think she'll be getting as much publicity as Aiden.

I don't think she is in any immediate danger. Chances are Kate, Aiden, Jake, Pam and Niecy all go before her. Chad could have a big fanbase and Cheryl is a good teacher. Erin is a decent dancer and has some sympathy based on the terrible ordeal she just went through. I don't think she wins but I do think she could go at least as far as semis.

+ Reply to Thread