+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

FORT Fan

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

It is funny how people may see them differently. I find the two of them very annoying. Not as bad as Niecy and Louis, but annoying nonetheless.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

What a sad, sick world we live in anymore First her peeping tom, now this.

Death threats target Erin Andrews: report - NYPOST.com

Death threats target Erin Andrews: report
    NEWSCORE

Last Updated: 8:43 PM, April 2, 2010

Posted: 8:23 PM, April 2, 2010

American sportscaster Erin Andrews is the target of death threats from a man who sent hostile e-mails, including one which read: "Someone should shoot her in the face", TMZ reported Friday.

Three e-mails threatening the "Dancing with the Stars" contestant were sent to the "Dan Patrick Show", a sports talk show aired on radio and TV.

The e-mails were sent on March 26, 29 and 30 from a man in Newport News, Virginia.

One e-mail reads: “Somebody should shoot her in the face."

A second reads: "I'm one in a million. She'll never see me coming."

Andrew’s lawyer, Marshall Grossman, confirmed the death threats against his client in a statement sent to TMZ and said the FBI was investigating.

"It is correct that within the past few days death threats have been made against Erin Andrews. As soon as we learned of them the FBI was notified. They are on the case,” he said in the statement.

"Erin and her family are protected. It is unfortunate that there are sick people who prey on the fears and threaten the well being of others. Erin is not alone among those who have to deal with such predators.

The threats have prompted increased security on the set of “Dancing with the Stars”.

"Erin is looking forward to the future and will keep all of her commitments including her appearance on 'Dancing with the Stars.' We ask that the privacy of Erin and her family be respected,” Grossman said in the statement.

The news comes after a Chicago man was sentenced to 30 months prison in Los Angeles for stalking Andrews and filming her nude through a hotel room door peephole.

Andrews, 31, currently works for ESPN as a sideline reporter at sporting events. She was voted "America's Sexiest Sportscaster" by Playboy magazine in 2007 and 2008.
    On a happier not, Maks, his brother Val, his professional partner, and Edyta are going to be dancing on Tuesday night to Reba McEntire. They're all joking about 3 Russians and a Polish trying to pull of the country look.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-03-2010 at 02:50 AM.

A couple of sites I visited relating to the article had comments from users/random nobodies with too much time on their hands thinking the thing was a hoax; of course they had bad things to say about Erin and how they think she's a publicity seeking famewhore (that was one of the nicer things they called her), or accused the radio host of making it up. I would think, though, that if the police were involved they'd probably be able to determine pretty easily if this was a hoax (and I'd still stand by my original statement that it's a sad sick world that anyone thinks things like this are okay to joke about, especially after went Erin went through).

I've actually felt bad for Erin as some people are calling her out for doing this show after being the victim of a peeping tom (I guess you're not entitled to have fun anymore when something like that happens to you) and now this.

In terms of her and Maks, I don't know if they're really an item and/or plan on becoming one (I still think Maks would probably wait until after their season is done to pursue anything like that) but I'm not exactly the best indicator of showmances, either. They come off as being way more brother/sister like to me. I keep comparing them to Mel/Maks or Julianne/Apolo/Helio. If you watch past performances of those 3, their chemistry is kind of the same. I think they're much more brother/sister like than Jake/Chelsie.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3868877;
    In terms of her and Maks, I don't know if they're really an item and/or plan on becoming one (I still think Maks would probably wait until after their season is done to pursue anything like that) but I'm not exactly the best indicator of showmances, either. They come off as being way more brother/sister like to me. I keep comparing them to Mel/Maks or Julianne/Apolo/Helio. If you watch past performances of those 3, their chemistry is kind of the same. I think they're much more brother/sister like than Jake/Chelsie.
    Oh, but we can dream, can't we? Seriously, I, too, feel terrible about the situations Erin is coping with. I'm not a seasoned DWTS watcher, but I imagine Maks has had girls throwing themselves at him right and left. He might be up for a different kind - one who comes right back at him and challenges him.

I didn't "know" Erin before this, which is surprising since ESPN is on a lot at our house. When I watched the last rehearsal they had, she reminded me a little of Julia Roberts - not in looks of course - but in her mannerisms and maybe her voice a little. She especially brought Julia to mind right before Maks said he was the calm one in the partnership.

I'm a romantic. I'd like to see them together. It's fun to be able to watch and see a dancing couple who may really be a couple! Who knows? But it's fun to speculate. There may be others too, but right now, the spotlight is on these two.

Last season I had fun watchng Louie and Chelsie. I went into this season looking forward to Evan and Niecy. I am still enjoying them, but the chemistry with Erin and Maks is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3868877;
    A couple of sites I visited relating to the article had comments from users/random nobodies with too much time on their hands thinking the thing was a hoax; of course they had bad things to say about Erin and how they think she's a publicity seeking famewhore (that was one of the nicer things they called her), or accused the radio host of making it up. I would think, though, that if the police were involved they'd probably be able to determine pretty easily if this was a hoax (and I'd still stand by my original statement that it's a sad sick world that anyone thinks things like this are okay to joke about, especially after went Erin went through).

I've actually felt bad for Erin as some people are calling her out for doing this show after being the victim of a peeping tom (I guess you're not entitled to have fun anymore when something like that happens to you) and now this.
    I had personal experience with a stalker, and it's no laughing matter. An undue amout of time spent documenting, talking to police, etc. I can imagine a peeping tom would be much worse. People who shrug it off or laugh might imagine it happening to THEM or their daughter or anyone they care about.

Like Erin, I refused to let sickos control/modify my life.

I saw the peeping tom guy on the news and he looked like a 'normal' businessman. He followed her to various cities. Well, at least he got 2 1/2 yrs in prison time. But like pedophiles, I wonder if these people can ever be stopped or 'cured'. They are very slick and persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3868936;
    I had personal experience with a stalker, and it's no laughing matter. An undue amout of time spent documenting, talking to police, etc. I can imagine a peeping tom would be much worse. People who shrug it off or laugh might imagine it happening to THEM or their daughter or anyone they care about.

Like Erin, I refused to let sickos control/modify my life.

I saw the peeping tom guy on the news and he looked like a 'normal' businessman. He followed her to various cities. Well, at least he got 2 1/2 yrs in prison time. But like pedophiles, I wonder if these people can ever be stopped or 'cured'. They are very slick and persistent.
    tango7, I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal but commend you for taking your life back. I'm a criminal justice major and it can really get you upset when you hear about all the lapses in our justice system. Not that I think any crime should go unpunished, but it gets me that pedophiles can be out in 5-10 years, yet you cheat the government or perhaps have a drug offense and get a lot longer. The way people criticize Erin, you'd think they'd expect her to become a hermit, stay boarded up in her room with a shot gun who never sleeps because she's too scared. Don't these people win that way? I think she's very brave to go forward, as anyone who's walked in her shoes. I believe cases of peeping toms are really underreported, and many said in Erin's case she got lucky the guy got that long. They need to hold people better accountable because it could very well go from that sickness to something worse.

I don't know if these two are playing up their chemistry because of all the romance rumors, but if they aren't dating, they should be. Otherwise, their very close friendship is going to make for a jealous boyfriend/girlfriend if they find someone else. I'm so happy that Maks is having a good season. He and Erin continue to bring a lot of fun to the show, their chemistry and friendship is amazing, and her dancing is fabulous. I loved their waltz tonight. The beginning, I agree with Len, was kind of dull. But I thought the blindfold prop worked really well. The dance was simple but elegant and got the point across without going too overboard with gimmicks.

What I didn't like? I loved the song they danced to, but as soon as it started up, I was heading for the mute button. The band murdered it, dug it up, and killed it again. They did this song on SCD, and while I think their singers could use some practice, they did a much better job pulling it off.

BTW, I wonder if it was a coincidence that Maks was wearing a shirt that said 'security' on it in spite of everything going on. And it can't be said enough, they need to bring his brother back more often.

Does anyone know what color of lipstick Erin was wearing tonight? I loved that shade of red on her. I think these two have so much potential and I felt the judges were too harsh.

You could tell by the look on Erin's face she thought they did great, but I felt that Masks wanted to say that they had a rough week not as a dancing couple, but with all the stuff Erin had to deal with.

I really like them and can't wait to see what they do next week.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3870793;
    I don't know if these two are playing up their chemistry because of all the romance rumors, but if they aren't dating, they should be. Otherwise, their very close friendship is going to make for a jealous boyfriend/girlfriend if they find someone else. I'm so happy that Maks is having a good season. He and Erin continue to bring a lot of fun to the show, their chemistry and friendship is amazing, and her dancing is fabulous. I loved their waltz tonight. The beginning, I agree with Len, was kind of dull. But I thought the blindfold prop worked really well. The dance was simple but elegant and got the point across without going too overboard with gimmicks.

What I didn't like? I loved the song they danced to, but as soon as it started up, I was heading for the mute button. The band murdered it, dug it up, and killed it again. They did this song on SCD, and while I think their singers could use some practice, they did a much better job pulling it off.

BTW, I wonder if it was a coincidence that Maks was wearing a shirt that said 'security' on it in spite of everything going on. And it can't be said enough, they need to bring his brother back more often.
    I noticed that too! I'm starting to notice the little subtle ways they get our attention, just like the "placement" of stars in the audience. I'm sure some are there because they want to be, but I think a lot are there because ABC has an agenda with them!

ITA about Maks' little brother!

I really admire Erin for dancing the way she is with everything going on. When she is on the dance floor, it looks to me like she doesn't have a care in the world. That HAS to take a lot of strength and concentration. I don't know if I could put something like that out of my mind enough to concentrate on what I was currently doing. I'm sure she's leaning on Maks a lot. Trials like this one do draw friends - or couples - closer.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3868859;
    What a sad, sick world we live in anymore First her peeping tom, now this.

Death threats target Erin Andrews: report - NYPOST.com
    They've reported that they know who the person is making death threats... that the guy isn't even trying to hide his identity. He's from West Virginia and has said more things along the lines of "I wonder how she'd dance in a spray of bullets" and something about wondering how she'd look in his bullet-proof vest.

Sick people out there.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread