+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Erin and Maks are a joy to watch – she’s beautiful and graceful. I really like these two and hope they get to stay for a while.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by danesRfun;3864762;
    I agree that Gilles was totally robbed by the popular vote for Shawn, along with the fact that he peaked a bit early in the season, and she did her very best dancing on the last two dances.
    Those are fair observations. Shawn was adorable, but the beauty of Gilles is that you sometimes couldn't tell which one was the pro.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3864773;
    Popularity does reign, I think especially in these first few weeks when everyone's trying to find their groove and break away from the pack. Buzz Aldrin may be the worst dancer, but people know him, and because of his age and legendary status, may get more votes over someone who's better, but less well known.
    That makes sense. Having only seen the show once, I was a little surprised at the end, like, "Oh! I thought it was a dance contest." LOL. I don't always recognize all the stars. I didn't know who Erin was before last week, but I think she's beautiful and doing a great job. I'd be happy to see her win.

FORT Fogey

I did an engine search and found several mentions that Erin danced on the Florida Gators' The Dazzlers. As one article mentioned, "She didn't go into this competition raw;" however, that said, it is obvious that she hasn't had the experience and training that Nicole has had ( Fine Arts School classes and choreographing and dance with the Pussycat Dolls.)

It appears to me that she has had enough dance experience to help her learn more easily, to give her ease of movement, to appear graceful and to be enjoyable.

All in all in my opinion it is not enough to call her a ringer, but it needs to be noted that she is not starting from zero like some of them.

She matches up well with Maks, and her long, slender legs should be a great asset to her.

I am enjoying the banter between them!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Maks has met his match...personality wise, that is. They are just a joy to watch.

Len is right, though. The celebs need to pay attention and trust their pros.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

From a link to US Magazine

Dancing with the Stars
    Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Erin Andrews Have Off-Screen Chemistry
    March 26, 2010

Are Dancing with the Stars partners Maksim “Maks” Chmerkovskiy and Erin Andrews partners of a different kind when the cameras stop rolling?

Maks, 30, says he and ESPN correspondent Andrews, 31, are “maybe” dating, according to Hollywoodlife.com.

“She’s very friendly, super nice, great personality,” he gushes to PEOPLE. “She does not hold back. She’s open, and what you see is what there is. Everybody who meets her falls in love with her.”

Including him? He doesn’t say, exactly. But the compliments keep on flowing. On Monday after the duo did their first routine on the ABC show, Maks acted like a pleased professor — or boyfriend.

“I’m so proud,” he told PEOPLE. “I made her do a cha cha that I would make a professional dancer do.”

Andrews is equally enthralled with her dance pro, who came through for her when she had to miss parts of the NCAA tournament for DWTS rehearsals.

“This one has been amazing,” she cooed. “When Kentucky was upset, he texted me about it. He was like, ‘You’re the only person I know that cares about this.’ He’s been adorable.”

Will the pair continue to sizzle onscreen and off? Stay tuned!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Newbie

I saw quite an improvement from Week One to Week Two in Erin Andrews, due largely to no more first night jitters, I suspect.

I find her perpetual challenging of Maksim and poking at his ego to be surprising. Perhaps this is how the jocks talk and I just haven't seen it before?

Her lines were beautiful and I was grateful that she has her arms in beautiful position and movement. For a tall woman, the arms can become distracting if not handled gracefully.

Love to watch these two banter on and off the dance floor. Hope that she continues to grow into the dances to come.

Quote Originally Posted by danesRfun;3866167;
    I saw quite an improvement from Week One to Week Two in Erin Andrews, due largely to no more first night jitters, I suspect.

I find her perpetual challenging of Maksim and poking at his ego to be surprising. Perhaps this is how the jocks talk and I just haven't seen it before?

Her lines were beautiful and I was grateful that she has her arms in beautiful position and movement. For a tall woman, the arms can become distracting if not handled gracefully.

Love to watch these two banter on and off the dance floor. Hope that she continues to grow into the dances to come.
    And as other people have pointed out, fun to watch. I agree he has met his match!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Watching these two dance and rehearse is so much fun! The chemistry is certainly there! Whether or not they take it off the show I guess we will see. I personally think Max is intrigued. At the end of the one clip of their rehearsal time, he just stood there looking at her. Her banter with him is so funny! The looks on his face. . .!

They are adorable. Love her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I agree about the banter between these two. I wonder if it'd be more awkward if Karina was there. I loved Tom's comment about Mak's ego surviving the season after all of Erin's jabs at his expense I really, really hope these two get the paso next week but even if they get the quick step, I'm sure it'll be great. Erin's dancing background is similar to that of Trista Sutter, who also danced with a professional team (I think her's was pro basketball, though ) Of course Erin's a lot better than Trista, but I'd also stop short of saying she's ringer because there's obvious improvements that could be made.

But I'm no dance expert, so what they are, I don't know I just think she's doing great and it's wonderful seeing Maks having a great time this season, rather than want to rip his hair out before the first practice is over. I loved their reaction to being safe on Monday. She's quite the lovely lady. I did hear somewhere that Erin did in fact request either Tony or Maks; Tony's probably cursing whoever made the decision to pair her with Maks

I'd like to see Maks actually win one and see the faces of the Houghs/Ballas when somebody other than them wins. I'm so over that trio and really wish they'd go away.
    It was great, at least for me, having a Hough/Ballas free finale last season, for the first time since season 4. And seeing someone not in that trio win. Julianne I can take but Derek and Mark grate on my last nerve like no other on this show. Unfortuantely, I feel like Derek's going to get redeemed and join the club of his sister and BFF and claim his second trophy this season. My ideal ending would have Derek and the ringer finishing in second; I'd just like to see his reaction. And it'd be nice to not have Mark bolt down on the floor, pick his BFF up on his shoulders (with the trophy) and parade him around while Nicole's left standing on the ground. I'd love to see Maks finally win, for a variety of reasons, but mainly because he seems to really want to stay true to the traditional world of ballroom and not go the route of gimmicks and entertainment solely to get good scores.

I also think if they have a relationship () they probably would wait until after the season is over to go public with it. Maks did that when he first got together with Karina during season 7.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-01-2010 at 07:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread