+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

I like Erin, but unless she improves dramatically I see her getting knocked out somewhere in the middle of the season. I don't think she has a huge fanbase so she's going to have to go far based mostly on her dancing.
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;3862124;
    I like them a lot. I think they could win, but they will have some tough competition. This is only my second season watching. I am still recovering from Gilles not winning. That made me wonder if it was really a popularity contest and not a dance contest. Was that season off -- i.e., is it normally the best dancer who wins? (I know some will disagree, but Gilles was objectively a great dancer.)
    I agree that Gilles was totally robbed by the popular vote for Shawn, along with the fact that he peaked a bit early in the season, and she did her very best dancing on the last two dances.

But many would say the best dancers does NOT always win; examples are given like Mario Lopez, Mel B, Joey Fatone. There is often a voter bias to prevent someone perceived as already schooled in dancing from winning, and some have said a bias toward men winning. . . which is falling away lately. The winner is totally a fan base and popularity issue -- Donny O over Mya is the latest and a classic example.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;3862124;
    I like them a lot. I think they could win, but they will have some tough competition. This is only my second season watching. I am still recovering from Gilles not winning. That made me wonder if it was really a popularity contest and not a dance contest. Was that season off -- i.e., is it normally the best dancer who wins? (I know some will disagree, but Gilles was objectively a great dancer.)
    I'm still not over Gilles, Jason Taylor, Warren Sapp, or Mel B., but think I'm good on the other seasons It can also come down to what someone views as the best dancer-and namely, what else they look for when they vote. Popularity does reign, I think especially in these first few weeks when everyone's trying to find their groove and break away from the pack. Buzz Aldrin may be the worst dancer, but people know him, and because of his age and legendary status, may get more votes over someone who's better, but less well known. Mya may have been the better technical dancer last season, but something about her attitude put me off, I found her overall boring, and their routines were too full of gimmicks at times.

Another thing is many will say that the freestyle round, which is where I think Gilles/Cheryl screwed it up big time, can be the make or break for a couple (also see Mya/Dmitry). Then the judges have that last dance that only they score on, though it's not like they score the couples far from each other.

As for Erin/Maks-I think they could be in pursuit of the finals. She's not bad and has room to grow. There is going to be competition and I think, baring some horrible off weeks, an injury/illness, or others just blowing the competition away, they will probably at least make it to late in the season. Maks seems so happy this season. Erin is the kind of partner Maks fans have been waiting for for him. Their chemistry reminds me of his and Mel B's, though I'm a sap for romance and would love to see them hook up. He did mention on this twitter that he and Erin had a spat and he needed to "fix the friendship, then the foxtrot-in that order" so I hope ABC doesnt' blow that out of proportion. Maks mentioned in his blog he hoped ABC didn't make a big deal out of it, as he said his and Erin's "fights last two seconds and then they can't remember what they're fighting about.

I thought she did very well.
    I hadn't seen her much before and after reading opinions on her level of attractiveness I was surprised by how unattractive I thought she was.
    I hope she does well though and would love to see a win for Maks as I'm of the firm belief he should have won when he danced with Mel B.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3864773;
    I'm still not over Gilles, Jason Taylor, Warren Sapp, or Mel B., but think I'm good on the other seasons It can also come down to what someone views as the best dancer-and namely, what else they look for when they vote. Popularity does reign, I think especially in these first few weeks when everyone's trying to find their groove and break away from the pack. Buzz Aldrin may be the worst dancer, but people know him, and because of his age and legendary status, may get more votes over someone who's better, but less well known. Mya may have been the better technical dancer last season, but something about her attitude put me off, I found her overall boring, and their routines were too full of gimmicks at times.

Another thing is many will say that the freestyle round, which is where I think Gilles/Cheryl screwed it up big time, can be the make or break for a couple (also see Mya/Dmitry). Then the judges have that last dance that only they score on, though it's not like they score the couples far from each other.

As for Erin/Maks-I think they could be in pursuit of the finals. She's not bad and has room to grow. There is going to be competition and I think, baring some horrible off weeks, an injury/illness, or others just blowing the competition away, they will probably at least make it to late in the season. Maks seems so happy this season. Erin is the kind of partner Maks fans have been waiting for for him. Their chemistry reminds me of his and Mel B's, though I'm a sap for romance and would love to see them hook up. He did mention on this twitter that he and Erin had a spat and he needed to "fix the friendship, then the foxtrot-in that order" so I hope ABC doesnt' blow that out of proportion. Maks mentioned in his blog he hoped ABC didn't make a big deal out of it, as he said his and Erin's "fights last two seconds and then they can't remember what they're fighting about.
    He may not remember for 2 seconds what they're fighting about, but don't think for a minute she doesn't know!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

These two were fantastic tonight! Maks has a contender on his hands. She's like the female him; she dishes it out and he has to take it for a change There's obvious chemistry there. Whether it's romantic or not, they definitely remind me of him and Mel B. Getting along so well and Erin appearing to be such a dedicated student who's listening to Maks and wanting to get it right is going to take them a long way.

Did Erin say she was a dancer growing up?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

They were awesome, another couple that had me smiling through their whole routine. I really like the way she smacks him around verbally. Maks and his huge ego definitely needs that, she has a ton of potential and hopefully is allowed to stick around long enough to see it materialize. I'd like to see Maks actually win one and see the faces of the Houghs/Ballas when somebody other than them wins. I'm so over that trio and really wish they'd go away.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3865975;
    Did Erin say she was a dancer growing up?
    I believe that I read that she was on her college's dance team.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

The tomboy and the dormant volcano. I don't have a team in this race, but if I did it would be this pair. She really was able to use her long lines to advantage last night in the Foxtrot and I thought her very graceful, yet light on her feet.

I saw them on Bonnie Hunt last week and yes...per Len...she (and the others) need to Shut Up. I'm glad she acknowledged that fault last night because on Bonnie Maks could barely get a word in. Very Annoying. But I do like them together and I like Maks as a dormant volcano rather than one in full spew.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread