+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

FORT Newbie

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

"...taking her power back." Beautifully said, chrisg. In the major fight To Stop Violence Against Women, courage such as Erin's hopefully is an example for other women to stand up to the deviants, abusers, and defilers of women everywhere. We hear about multiple incidents each day in the news. We may not stop the animalistic stupidity behind it, but we can be courageous in how we live our lives despite it. We can also lobby hard for stronger sentencing . . .

This aspect of ERIN ANDREWS DWTS run makes me want to support her all the way. YOU GO GIRL!!! GO ERIN AND MAKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3855939;
    That perv who filmed Erin and sixteen other women was sentenced today and he only got 2 1/2 years. I remember Erin saying in an interview that she couldn't leave the house for awhile after it happened and her lawyers subsequently telling her that there's no way to ever get all the photos off of the Internet.

I just think so highly of Erin for taking her power back.
    ITA! The more I see of Erin, the more I like her on and off the dance floor. Good for her!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

He videotaped 16 other women? I guess I missed that part. Either way, whether it was just Erin or not, the guy's a pervert and hopefully he never knows a moments peace for what he did. It's too bad he doesn't have to sign onto a sex offender registry, as that's exactly what he is, even if he didn't commit a sex act. Legal analysts that were covering this case said they were actually surprised he got that long, as stalking and video voyerism cases typically are a lot lighter sentences, even probation. I think Erin should go after those hotels that were giving out information about what room she is was and that she was in fact staying there. They should be thanking their lucky stars nothing worse happened to her.

She did mention in an article after the cast reveal that she's gotten so much support from victims of violence and stalking that were so supportive of her efforts to put her life back together and considered her their inspiration and their voice. It kind of does seem like a semi-fairytale ending for her and Maks to wind up being paired together. I don't know if we'll see any romance brewing, but the footage I've seen of them rehearsing, they look to be having a blast and Erin is looking wonderful. They have the cha cha and foxtrot as their first two dances, and Maks said she got the foxtrot a lot quicker and easier than the cha cha. I'm really hoping, out of the pros, Maks, Edyta, or Anna take it this year. These two I think are going to be tough to beat.

What Erin went through is horrible, so it is nice to see that she's getting to do something fun that she'll hopefully enjoy. She and Maks certainly look good together, as well.

I definitely don't wish her failure, but I can't say I'm a fan, either. Too many bad memories of her butchering Braves TBS coverage years ago when she first started out on the national stage (she was the studio host for 2 seasons, I believe). Think Samantha Harris attempting to cover baseball. Yes, it was that bad.

However, perhaps she will change my opinion of her. Don't dislike her as a person, just couldn't stand her job performance and how painful she made the in-game updates and the post-game coverage for me.

FORT Newbie

Erin Andrews certainly is competent, professional, and fun as a sideline sportscaster now. She has great on-camera skills and a wonderful rapport with the athletes and coaches that I'm sure will help her fan base.

We've all had fumbly beginnings somewhere, but Erin Andrews is a true professional now. GO ERIN & MAKS

Erin is my pre-show favorite

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

My faves to win! Loved these two tonight, especially Erin's comment "I asked for Tony" after Maks said people always pick him and don't regret it And his "I like b****ing and you're ruining that". She can move, and given how lopsided a few other scores were, I wish she got a few points higher. Fantastic cha cha and I can't wait to see more of these two down the road. This is the happiest I've seen Maks in a long time.

I really don't like it when people see a "couple" and try to read romance into every little gesture and make them a real couple....

However (LOL)

I would love for these two to become a couple. After that mess with Karina, Maks deserves a real honest caring woman and after what Erin has been through she deserves a great guy. Yes, Maks is arrogant but that's because he's Gooooooooood! at what he does. Watching him on Superstars, I saw a whole other side of his personality that made me a huge fan of his and went beyond his OMG! looks.

Anyways, I doubt the whole romance thing will ever happen but I am sure going to enjoy watching them dance and interact. They have a great chemistry and seem to already be friends and bonus that she actually has some natural dance ability.

I'm still pissed over Maks and MelB being robbed so I'm so happy that he has a decent partner this season. The chemistry is there so if she can polish the technique, they should do well.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I like them a lot. I think they could win, but they will have some tough competition. This is only my second season watching. I am still recovering from Gilles not winning. That made me wonder if it was really a popularity contest and not a dance contest. Was that season off -- i.e., is it normally the best dancer who wins? (I know some will disagree, but Gilles was objectively a great dancer.)

+ Reply to Thread