+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3885676;
    I really thought Mel B should have won. I loved Helio but Mel B really didn't bug me at all. I thought she was the best one that season and I always wondered if they really did win and it was given not so much to Helio but to a Hough because show is big on Houghs and Ballas. That one never sat well with me. It seemed the audience was also pro Helio that night and I thought maybe that tipped the scales as well.
    There was some talk that the producers wanted Helio to win because he was available to do some of the DWTS tour after the season and Mel was not (due to Spice Girls tour). Certainly, it behooved them, and helped ticket sales, to have "the champion" as one of the headliners. Don't know if there's any truth to this rumor or not, but it was out there.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3885684;
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this. Even the judges all admitted after the fact that Mel was the better dancer and should have won. Helio, IMO, won largely for his perceived personality (and Julianne's choreography) and not for his dancing skills.

Just curious, what was it about Mel B that was so unlikeable to you?

I agree that Erin is extremely likeable. As good a dancer as Mel? Not by a long shot, unfortunately.
    The better dancer skill wise has often not been the winner. Mya was more skilled than Donny, but Donny was the better entertainer. He had a better personality and was partners with a very popular pro.

I disliked Mel B from the Spice Girls days long before DWTS. I found her to be very crass. Wasn't it Carrie Ann who compared her to a truck driver? To me, she was the "ringer" of that season. Helio was the kind of contestant that the show is supposed to be about. He had no dance experience at all. Personality wise, there was no comparison between the two. Also, Helio did benefit from being with Julianne.

But before this post gets pulled for getting off track, I have found myself pulling for Maks for the first time. The chemistry between Maks and Erin is electric. To me, the judges have been very hard on them. I think their dances have been better than the scores they have been given. I hope that Maks and Erin knock the judges socks off this week. I would love to see them in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3885695;
    The better dancer skill wise has often not been the winner. Mya was more skilled than Donny, but Donny was the better entertainer. He had a better personality and was partners with a very popular pro.

I disliked Mel B from the Spice Girls days long before DWTS. I found her to be very crass. Wasn't it Carrie Ann who compared her to a truck driver? To me, she was the "ringer" of that season. Helio was the kind of contestant that the show is supposed to be about. He had no dance experience at all. Personality wise, there was no comparison between the two. Also, Helio did benefit from being with Julianne.

But before this post gets pulled for getting off track, I have found myself pulling for Maks for the first time. The chemistry between Maks and Erin is electric. To me, the judges have been very hard on them. I think their dances have been better than the scores they have been given. I hope that Maks and Erin knock the judges socks off this week. I would love to see them in the finals.
    This we can definitely agree on.

I think both Helio and Mel B had big personalities on the show, but it was a matter of taste whose appealed to individual viewers more. They were both good "entertainers", unlike last season when Donny was certainly the better entertainer over Maya, the better dancer.

FORT Newbie

I have to agree that voters likely felt Mel B was too much of a "ringer" to have the title, just as they did to Joey Fatone, Mya, and I hope to Nicole. Evan is also a ringer but is so damnedably (sp?) nice and polite to all the competitors and self-deprecating that he will likely win anyway (as Kristi did despite her obvious advanced skills from day one).

I truly admire Erin Andrews for venturing into this world of entertainers and allowing herself to be put next to the likes of professionals like Nicole Scherzinger, Brooke Burke, and Pam Anderson for comparison. Erin is not well schooled in the glam world at all, and clearly is far more comfortable interviewing others than being interviewed. She seems also to be so "squared away" and grounded that she is charming. She and Evan share a lot of those qualities. I regard Erin Andrews as a far more authentic person and novice dancer that fits the mold of DWTS's original purpose.

But we've all learned that nothing about DWTS is "fair" (as in life itself) and something is making the judges' underscore her in favor of the bachelor and Pam, and 10's from the get go for Nicole. Their agenda seems to be to give Derek his second trophy so that all the Ballas Brats have a set. FRUSTRATION!!!

FORT Regular

Last year Melissa was totally bagged on for having been a ringer because of her prior dance experience as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader. Why hasn't Erin been labeled as such--she has prior pro dance experience also??

Quote Originally Posted by parrierajr;3886122;
    Last year Melissa was totally bagged on for having been a ringer because of her prior dance experience as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader. Why hasn't Erin been labeled as such--she has prior pro dance experience also??
    In all fairness, being a college dancer isn't quite the same as being a pro-dancer. But I do understand the point. Neither Melissa nor Erin should be penalized for having that type of dance experience. Yes, they can learn a routine and understand a count to music better than a Kate Gosselin or Niecy but it isn't professional dance, as in ballroom or latin dancing experience.

Erin admits to growing up a dancer. She didn't get highlighted because Nicole does it for a living so she became Ringer #1. Erin is certainly no novice like a few others. Personally I think ringers will be a part of every season in the future just like they have from the start of DWTS. This is nothing new.
    Last edited by ChelsieFan; 04-25-2010 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parrierajr;3886122;
    I asked about this when the season started. I thought she was a dancer when she was younger also. She talked about it in an interview. I can't remember what outlet it was with though.

Maybe it was the same viewers that didn't like Melissa during the bachelor that bagged on her for having dance experience when she was on DWTS.

I like Melissa so her being a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader didn't bother me when she was on DWTS, but Nicole being a PCD with a dance background does.

That could be the same way people feel about Erin having been a dancer. They like her and it doesn't matter at this point.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Well if Erin has prior experience with dance than she is not a very good ringer because she is just not that good. What is keeping her in is the obvious attraction her and Maks have and people wanting to see more. There are a lot of people that like to see that kind of stuff. Dancewise if she was with Tony or Johnathon she probably would have gone by now.

She talks about growing up dancing in this interview. She was on her college dance team so she must have been decent in that genre which wasn't BR. lol I don't know if it's true she danced b/u for Britney Spears or not.

Erin Andrews - Dancing With The Stars

+ Reply to Thread