+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3885549;

1) I feel like if she doesn't hit it out of the park with the judges she'll be going home soon.

2) Mel B (season 5 was screwed up), and now Erin (the Evan/Nicole factor)...... as I think their chances are slimmer than the newbies or Hough/Ballas twosome.

3) I do think, considering, Erin/Maks have handled the criticism well. I don't chalk much up to the Jake comment, as I agreed with them on it, but it probably came out of frustration or sarcasim. Plus, I can't believe the other couples weren't asked about his pantless routine.

1) Love Me, thanks for posting Maks' Twitter. Wow. It's easy to read into that mantra. Erin's schedule had her with Clausen for the draft. If that is her future, after this show, then I'd imagine that sports supercedes the mirrorball. Monday's performances (aren't they doing two?) should explain things....let's hope.

2) This week needs to be a breakthrough week for Erin, in my opinion, if she wants to be in the finals. (Can she even think about the finals given Nicole/Evan/Pam?) At the mid-way point, the middle scorers--to this point--now become the low scorers who get picked off depending on "the people's votes." I still can't understand how Mel B's fans did not outweigh Julianne's partner's (I don't know his name)...They were seriously robbed.

3) Hopefully Erin and Maks are fueled by the low scores from the past two weeks and hit this week out of the park. Might be easier with the samba than swing: visions of arms and legs everywhere

4) I did notice that this week's commercial showcased Nicole, Evan, and Erin with very little face time given to Pam, Niecy, and Jake. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3885593;
    1) Love Me, thanks for posting Maks' Twitter. Wow. It's easy to read into that mantra. Erin's schedule had her with Clausen for the draft. If that is her future, after this show, then I'd imagine that sports supercedes the mirrorball. Monday's performances (aren't they doing two?) should explain things....let's hope.

2) This week needs to be a breakthrough week for Erin, in my opinion, if she wants to be in the finals. (Can she even think about the finals given Nicole/Evan/Pam?) At the mid-way point, the middle scorers--to this point--now become the low scorers who get picked off depending on "the people's votes." I still can't understand how Mel B's fans did not outweigh Julianne's partner's (I don't know his name)...They were seriously robbed.
    3) Hopefully Erin and Maks are fueled by the low scores from the past two weeks and hit this week out of the park. Might be easier with the samba than swing: visions of arms and legs everywhere

4) I did notice that this week's commercial showcased Nicole, Evan, and Erin with very little face time given to Pam, Niecy, and Jake. Interesting.
    I still hold the judges largely accountable, for gushing so much over Helio, when his technique was terrible and Julianne mostly just danced (albeit fabulously) around him. He was consistently overscored, especially in the final rounds, and his fans, many of whom IMO were trying to make another "Apolo" out of him with his adorable partner (the Julianne fatigue hadn't set in yet), convinced themselves he was as good as Mel B. Plus, he had the advantage of Julianne's entertaining choreography, which made him appear more entertaining, and a good freestyle (Mel's was weaker). For me, that's the only explanation for how one of the best celeb dancers ever, who was also likeable, lost.

I think part of Erin's problem is that going in, people had expectations that she would be at the level of Evan and Nicole, based on her looks and supposed prior "dance" experience, and she is clearly nowhere near them. Her improvement has been steady, IMO, but slow. She also isn't an entertainer by trade, so doesn't have that same innate performance ability (or as others have termed it, "selling the dance") the way Mel B had. She's doing well, but because she isn't fantastic yet, some of us are let down, because we expected more, especially Maks fans who were hoping Erin would bring some sort of redemption for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3885507;
    I know Erin was super busy with the 2010 NFL Draft this weekend. Do you think they had time to practice?

MaksimC: My life's 'mantra' which definitely applies this coming week: 'IF YOU FAIL TO PREPARE, YOU PREPARE TO FAIL'! Good night......
    Even if they didn't practice much this week or they are having a tiff I don't think it's wise to even put this in people's heads. Zip it and pretend you worked your asses off if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3885507;
    I know Erin was super busy with the 2010 NFL Draft this weekend. Do you think they had time to practice?

MaksimC: My life's 'mantra' which definitely applies this coming week: 'IF YOU FAIL TO PREPARE, YOU PREPARE TO FAIL'! Good night......
    Well I think I like his most recent tweet a little than this one. I am excited to see their dances and I hope this is the week they have a break through. Can't wait for tomorrow.

MaksimC: Wow! @ErinAndrewsESPN and I are VERY ready for Monday! Our dances will be awesome and we hope you'll love them! No worries
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I really enjoy watching Erin and Maks dance - they have chemistry that I dont' see with Evan and Anna or Derek and Nicole. Erin has enough rhythm and movement to look wonderful and graceful (flaws and all) and I'd love to see Maks bring out the swan in her. they have the potential to grow into a great dance couple, whereas Evan and Nicole have already shown they have the chops to be the F2 dancers in the comp.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

The second one is much smarter. Maybe when he woke up he realized the first one wasn't too bright. Ot their tiff is over. lol

I don't expect them to be in trouble regardless this week. I think the judges Niecy to go because even though she's funny she's not improving and I don't expect her AT to be all too good. The team dances are the following week and they will have more leeway with her gone. I still think she's got a big fanbase so it will be interesting.

I agree with the posters who find Erin and Pam pretty comparable, though I'd like to see Erin win.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3885597;
    I still hold the judges largely accountable, for gushing so much over Helio, when his technique was terrible and Julianne mostly just danced (albeit fabulously) around him. He was consistently overscored, especially in the final rounds, and his fans, many of whom IMO were trying to make another "Apolo" out of him with his adorable partner (the Julianne fatigue hadn't set in yet), convinced themselves he was as good as Mel B. Plus, he had the advantage of Julianne's entertaining choreography, which made him appear more entertaining, and a good freestyle (Mel's was weaker). For me, that's the only explanation for how one of the best celeb dancers ever, who was also likeable, lost.
    Mel B was not likeable at all. She did not hold a candle to Helio. Erin is the first good partner that Maks has had IMO. She is not only a good dancer, but she comes across as a very nice person. I did not like Maks at all at first, but after watching him with Erin, I have come to like him. I enjoy watching them together.

I really thought Mel B should have won. I loved Helio but Mel B really didn't bug me at all. I thought she was the best one that season and I always wondered if they really did win and it was given not so much to Helio but to a Hough because show is big on Houghs and Ballas. That one never sat well with me. It seemed the audience was also pro Helio that night and I thought maybe that tipped the scales as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3885673;
    Mel B was not likeable at all. She did not hold a candle to Helio. Erin is the first good partner that Maks has had IMO. She is not only a good dancer, but she comes across as a very nice person. I did not like Maks at all at first, but after watching him with Erin, I have come to like him. I enjoy watching them together.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this. Even the judges all admitted after the fact that Mel was the better dancer and should have won. Helio, IMO, won largely for his perceived personality (and Julianne's choreography) and not for his dancing skills.

Just curious, what was it about Mel B that was so unlikeable to you?

I agree that Erin is extremely likeable. As good a dancer as Mel? Not by a long shot, unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread