+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

I don't blame Max: it's seems pretty obvious that Len "has it in" for him. Considering that Len penalizes people for "props", I think he should also penalize dancers for appearing without their costumes.... I also think Max's comments about Jake were not unwarranted; Jake himself said he'd be taking his shirt off when he "needed to" for the votes. My theory is that ABC paid all that money for a personal trainer for Jake to "buff him up" for the Bachelor, and they're looking to get a return on their investment. The truth is that Jake did very little dancing: he mainly slid across the floor and posed while Chelsie danced around him.

I'm sure the show will be dumping either Erin or Niecy tonight, with probably Chad as the other dancer in the "bottom two." Those three are most expendable in terms of ratings. No way will they be letting their cash cow, Kate, leave, and I suspect Jake gets a "free pass" until much closer to the premier of the new Bachelor season.
    Last edited by BritLit; 04-20-2010 at 03:50 PM.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3881322;
    When I first read your quote, I thought Erin was probably joking - just by what I see of her. I could see her saying that without being serious. But after reading the interview with Maks, I'll have to admit, I'm not so sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3881322;
    I am a huge fan of Erin and Maks and definitely think she was underscored. I am NOT a fan of Jake (I watched The Bachelor). As I said, I think he just wants to stay on camera as much as he can.

I was in a room where The View was on this morning. It was hard to hear, and I didn't have much time, but I caught their analysis of last night's DWTS. One thing I noticed, and maybe someone who had it on and COULD hear everything could comment too, is when they showed clips of the couples dancing, they completely left out Erin and Maks! They didn't even mention them. What's up with that?
    It was on the late local news that is on the same channel - ABC.
    The local ABC entertinment reporter alwys talks to the stars after the show and we see it on the news.
    And I sw and heard Erin say that. Didn't hear or see Maks interviewed until I read / saw the link here today.
    Erin seemed upset about her score and made the mention of she should have taken off her pants.
    I totally understand that people can get upset with their scores.
    I don't like it, however, when anyone tries to boost themselves at another's expense. I just find that unprofessional. Erin seemed like she'd be above that.
    And, while I'm not a super big fan of Jake's, I didn't have a problem with him doing the tighty whity routine. That, for me, is the absolute best part and the biggest identifier of that movie so I can see why Chelsie would want to use it.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-20-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Maks and Derek are my least favorite pros. Maks is an entitled jerk. I do not see him as handsome because of his vile attitude. Jake was not in the bottom two the week prior, or at least we were not shown he was, so that argument sounds petty. Erin seems like a sweet girl, and I think her best bet is to finish the show, and go as far away from Maks as she can. He is eye candy indeed, but you cannot reform a bad boy like him for long.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3881329;
    I don't blame Max: it's seems pretty obvious that Len "has it in" for him. Considering that Len penalizes people for "props", I think he should also penalize dancers for appearing without their costumes.... I also think Max's comments about Jake were not unwarranted; Jake himself said he'd be taking his shirt off when he "needed to" for the votes. My theory is that ABC paid all that money for a personal trainer for Jake to "buff him up" for the Bachelor, and they're looking to get a return on their investment. The truth is that Jake did very little dancing: he mainly slid across the floor and posed while Chelsie danced around him.

I'm sure the show will be dumping either Erin or Niecy tonight, with probably Chad as the other dancer in the "bottom two." Those three are most expendable in terms of ratings. No way will they be letting their cash cow, Kate, leave, and I suspect Jake gets a "free pass" until much closer to the premier of the new Bachelor season.
    Much like Kate, maybe the show can't overly criticize/low ball Jake. I do think they want him around at least until promos of the new bachelorette season start airing. Next week is the samba and Argentine Tango, so I really think Kate is going to make it through and then be cut loose next week (we thought her jive was bad, I can only imagine how horrifying either of those dances will be). I do think she'll survive and either of the ones you mentioned above will go I'm thinking it'll probably be Niecy.

Erin shouldn't follow Maks's lead her. She seems pretty PC and should remain that way. Maks has always done things like this so it doesn't surprise me from that angle but she should be smarter. If he's mad at the judges take it out on them not some guy who had his pants off for 2 seconds that made sense in relation to his movie theme. Just like the wig made sense for Erin the pants part made sense for Jake. He sounds petty and there's no reason for it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was talking to my sister about the show, and she kept commenting on the girl with the bad attitude. I thought she meant Nicole but she said no, she remembers her, she was referring to Erin (whose name she couldn't remember). She said the last couple of weeks she had a bad look on her face when she was getting her scores and comments. I of course disagreed and said she had every right to be upset because she got overscored. But it makes me wonder if other people might feel the same way. Here I've seen comments about her being forgettable and aside from the romance rumors she doesn't really have much of a story line going for her I'm really worried about her getting through tonight.

Karalott,

I doubt she's going home tonight.
    Don't worry.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't think she's in danger tonight either.

I don't vote most of the time, but I voted last night for Erin and Maks. Land line, cell, and online.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

FORT Fan

Since Erin and Maks got just one point less than Jake and Chelsie, I think that they need to give it a rest with the pants on/pants off thing - and I like them and am rooting for them to make the finals! They got a 21, Evan got a 27 and he was a lot better than Erin. I think she still has a lot of nerves performing in front of a live audience.

In general I do think that she has been underscored, and Len's comment that he should have given her a 6 instead of a 7 last week was very demeaning and came across, IMO, as personal somehow. She did much better than one point above Kate. Seriously.

+ Reply to Thread