+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3881216;
    If Erin leaves tonight it won't be the fans fault - it will be the judges - frankly, I think they want her gone. jmo
    Why so? I really enjoy her and find her genuine. Wonder what the judges may not like.

I don’t know why, but she danced very well and her scores were not reflective of that – like I said, just my opinion, but the judges have already decided to overscore Kate every week and this isn’t the first week they’ve underscored Erin.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I feel Erin could get booted far sooner than she deserves.
    To me, she's not so great that I put her in the top two most weeks and obviously not so bad that she stands out as a rival to Kate.
    She's a little forgettable for me. I get to the end of the show and can't remember much about her dances.

She was underscored again in my opinion last night in comparison to Kate.
    This is the issue I keep coming back to.
    If Erin was generally good value for the points she got, Kate should have been given about 9 in comparison.
    I don't think I hav e a problem with the scores anyone got, until I compare them to what Kate was given and everyone bar Nicole and Evan seems underscored.

There's clear shenanigans going on with the judging.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I posted this in the show discussion thread, but thought I'd post it here, too.

I am enjoying Maks more this season. I think he's really toned himself down through the years. I've always thought he was a good dancer, though. But, I wasn't overly excited by Erin and Maks' dancing last night. Not sure if it was because of the Julianne / Apolo remembrance or because I just don't find Erin or her dancing very memorable, either. It ws OK but not special. Also, they did interview Erin on the late local news shown after the show last night. She complained about her low score saying it was because "apparently I hadn't take off my pants". Ouch!! That was totally unnecessary and did not leave me with a good impression of her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Wow, bit of a snotty comment from her.
    It's not as though she doesn't get the chance to dance in revealing outfits almost every week.
    Even with his pants off Jake was more covered than some of the women have been this season
    If she wants to complain about the score another star are got she should target the person who keeps getting overscored. IMO that's definitely not Jake.

I don't really enjoy her interactions with Maks, it all seems a bit forced and I'm tired of the "are they aren't they" nonsense.
    "That's Numberwang!"

In this article it talks about Maks making a similar comment about Jake as well. But he clarified what he meant by it.

Dancing Duel? Maksim Calls Pantsless Jake "Desperate"
    Let's get ready to ruuuum-ba!

The gloves are off, folks, and Dancing with the Stars' Maksim Chmerkovskiy is kicking ass and taking names—starting with last night's pantsless, and apparently "desperate," Jake Pavelka.

That's it, boys. Dance-off 3 o'clock behind the cafeteria, be there! We kid, but seriously, it didn't stop there when we interviewed the boys...

Obviously distressed by his and partner Erin Andrews' low scores last night, Maks put it all out there in his postshow chat with us. "He's desperate...with his pants off," he told us with an eerily straight face, referring, of course, to Jake's skivvy-wearin' Risky Business moves.

Sweet little Erin's jaw proceeded to drop as she laughed off Maks' claims and nudged him a little. (These two, by the way, look more brother-sister than girlfriend-boyfriend behind the scenes, but who are we to say? They could announce their engagement tomorrow for all we know.)

The DWTS pro eventually lightened up about the ol' Bachelor's "brave move," telling us he understands the motivation to up the ante a little when you fall into a dancing rut. "I don't blame him. You're in the bottom two, you wanted the numbers, there's nothing to lose, so he just took his pants off." Done and done.

Jake, on the other hand, was digging his new duds—or lack thereof—citing squats and lunges for producing those gams of his...seriously! Thinking back to his "oh my goodness" moment, Jake just laughed and told us he was under partner Chelsie Hightower's orders. "I was like, whatever you think, boss. When you make a decision to do it, you just go out there and own it."

Just a quick warning to tonight's performers, you might want to keep an eye out for a little bit of Jake on the stage. "You leave it all on the dance floor, and there's some skin out there, I think." Ewww. "Once in a lifetime opportunity! And my knees will heal."

Here's hoping there's no bad blood between Jake and Maks...but just for fun, who'd win in that dance-off we proposed? Who are you hoping to see go home? Hit the comments with your thoughts.
    Dancing Duel? Maksim Calls Pantsless Jake "Desperate" - E! Online
    Last edited by umngirl; 04-20-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Maks has always been a big mouth and rude at times so it's not surprising. Jake had no pants for a second and it played into the dance. Silly thing to make a fuss over.

I agree.
    It was an entirely appropriate decision given the film they were using as inspiration.

This sort of comment is rather typically Maks, unfortunately.
    The comment might have made more sense had Jake been in the bottom two last week, but he and Chelsie fought their way out of that spot while his trousers were still on.

Again I say if they want to pass comment on scores that others are getting their focus is off target.
    Maks needs to forget about his friendship with Tony and call out the "star" that each week gets far higher points than she deserves.

Compared to Nicole and Evan I think Erin's score was about right, compared to Kate she was underscored.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3881292;
    She complained about her low score saying it was because "apparently I hadn't take off my pants". Ouch!! That was totally unnecessary and did not leave me with a good impression of her.
    When I first read your quote, I thought Erin was probably joking - just by what I see of her. I could see her saying that without being serious. But after reading the interview with Maks, I'll have to admit, I'm not so sure. I am a huge fan of Erin and Maks and definitely think she was underscored. I am NOT a fan of Jake (I watched The Bachelor). As I said, I think he just wants to stay on camera as much as he can.

I was in a room where The View was on this morning. It was hard to hear, and I didn't have much time, but I caught their analysis of last night's DWTS. One thing I noticed, and maybe someone who had it on and COULD hear everything could comment too, is when they showed clips of the couples dancing, they completely left out Erin and Maks! They didn't even mention them. What's up with that?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maybe they're prohibited from saying anything bad about Kate? Maks's demeanor on Chelsea Lately said it all about his feelings. I do think the heat of the moment after the show can catch the couples at their worst when it comes to venting and pointing fingers. I do think Maks/Erin were underscored, especially when it came to Jake, who I think is getting by because he's an ABC plant and I must say, movie theme or night, I did think the pants off thing was desperate. Just because it's Jake who probably thinks the ladies couldn't wait to get a glimpse of him like that. Jake and Kate were the two I thought were overscored last night, but I knew Erin probably wasn't going to make out well going early. That's another sign who they're keeping their eyes on, who keeps going last or at the end. Erin could have been joking when she made the remark (similar to Louie last season who poked fun at Aaron crying over his low scores) but in case people didn't get it Maks might have wanted to clarify or take the heat off her. He's a traditionalist, and I doubt taking your pants off would count on the ballroom floor.

I do think Erin is probably going to make an earlier boot than she should, as I think the Pam/Nicole/Evan/Jake factor are going to weigh against her. The judging is really all over the place this year, in terms of calling couples out for one thing but not another, telling them one thing but scoring them another, and obviously having no lower paddles in hand than a 5 for Kate (it has to be in her contract-CA might be nice enough to take pity, but Bruno wouldn't). And though I hope love is in the air for these two, I'm also tired of them getting grilled on it. But I do love their interactions. I don't think Maks was like this with Mel B. He's definitely softer.

+ Reply to Thread