+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Erin Andrews to excel this week, dance foe says - Page 2 - ESPN

ESPN personality Erin Andrews and dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy have always been bubbling near the top of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" but never have won a week. But one competitor thinks that will change.

Partners Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani are sticking around "Dancing with the Stars.""This is the week I think they will win it," said Tony Dovolani, who is partnered with super mom Kate Gosselin. "I think Erin has finally given the reins to Maksim. I'm impressed at how much they've accomplished in the past couple of weeks. This is their breakout week."

The two most consistent teams of the eight remaining are Evan Lysacek/Anna Trebunskaya and Nicole Scherzinger/Derek Hough, but Andrews and Chmerkovskiy are right there. And Monday continues the competition.

For Dovolani, it's been a more difficult road as he and Gosselin are near the bottom each week. Gosselin has no formal or even informal dance training, while Dovolani has been on the show for nine seasons.

Despite getting crushed by judges each week, fans continue to vote for them.

"I think the public can relate to her. She's a divorced woman and a mom," Dovolani said. "And then you have all the tabloid talk. Some days she comes into practice looking totally defeated. But she doesn't focus on that."

The tabloids have been having a field day with Gosselin in Los Angeles for the show while her eight children are back in Pennsylvania. They question her looks and her parenting. And they talk about the fights with ex-husband Jon and also her dance partner Dovolani.

"You can't believe all those tabloids. Hey, they believe Elvis is alive," Dovolani said. "People always want to be drawn into controversy even when there really isn't any. They love to twist quotes. I'm just thankful the audience have kept us in the competition. We hope to ride the wave of momentum."
    I hope he's right about Erin having a good week. I won't be able to watch tonight liiiive but hope my fellow FORTers can let me know if she kicks her game back up.

I do think her scores will go up this week. I also think Nicole could go up a little and Chad and Evan down a bit. I think Chad could struggle a little with QS and while Evan is clearly one of the best I don't know if Rumba will be one of his better dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3880340;
    I do think her scores will go up this week. I also think Nicole could go up a little and Chad and Evan down a bit. I think Chad could struggle a little with QS and while Evan is clearly one of the best I don't know if Rumba will be one of his better dancers.
    I'm waiting for the Nicole return and it's probably coming. Since she had her mini meltdown last week and wasn't happy the week before, I bet tonight or at the very least next week she returns to the top. And Evan will probably fall to second. I'm not really sure I expect Chad to do well but he might surprise. I really hope he finds something else to talk about, though, than the Cheryl attraction. There's the height difference, and it's a fast dance. Niecy I'm not sure dance wise how she'll do, though I think she'll bring the entertainment aspect to it turbo speed. Something else I'm tired of is hearing her talk about her "jiggly parts" and her love for food. We get it girl. We know what'll happen with Kate and I'm sure the judges will love whatever Pam does. Erin, though, if she goes early and because of her height/long limbs, I'm also worried she might have a hard time. I'll feel better at 9:32 when all is said and done and I hear she did great

Thank you guys for the wonderful recap during the show and keeping my mind at ease. Watching Erin in rehearsal my fears were realized as she looked kind of gawky with her arms swinging and her long legs. I realize that every dance can be a hinderance/easy go because of height. Anyway, these two gave a fantastic jive, probably one of my favorite ever. I still think they should have gotten at least 2 8's to balance out the scores in comparision to the other couples, but they seemed happy. I love watching these two, they're so much fun in their rehearsal clips and I love how Erin doesn't take any of Maks's crap

I loved thier dance tonight. They seem to have excellent chemistry! The main thing I see is that Erin continues to improve week after week IMO. I thought the Pulp Fiction theme was perfect to showcase how far she has come as a dancer.

I would have never guessed that another contestant had done a Pulp Fiction themed dance until my friend reminded me of Apolo and Julieanne's jive.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I threw all my votes to Erin and Maks! I really like her and would hate to see her go. My dream finale would be Erin and Maks, and Anna and Evan. Not sure who I'd like for the F3 - maybe Pamela. I'd LOVE to see Nicole get booted off, only because I'd like to see a non-ringer get in the F3.

Hope Erin makes it another week!
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

FORT Fanatic

With Aiden gone, I threw my support over to Erin and Evan. I think Erin's dance was better than the judge's scores indicated.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3881124;
    With Aiden gone, I threw my support over to Erin and Evan. I think Erin's dance was better than the judge's scores indicated.
    ITA - but I'm starting to think the judges are "encouraged" to rank the dancers a certain way. Len said it was "hectic." It's a jive - isn't it supposed to be a little hectic, which I interpret to mean "very fast." I don't know what "hectic" means in Len speak; I suppose it could be unorganized or frazzled, but I didn't see that at all in their dance. I don't know what CA was thinking when she was going on about the black shoes. Certainly Erin isn't the only one wearing black shoes, right? Thank goodness Bruno did his count and could justify his 8. Too bad Len and CA didn't use that as justification.

I'm getting frustrated with the judging of Erin/Maks. She's only making 6's when they give someone who can't even dance 5's.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Count me in as being frustrated with her scores - she was better than Jake by miles and she scored lower WTF?

If Erin leaves tonight it won't be the fans fault - it will be the judges - frankly, I think they want her gone. jmo
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread