+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

I watched an interview with the two of them and Derek and Nicole on Out of the Box. One caller asked about "the kiss" - was it real, did they practice, etc. Erin jumped right in and said there was no kiss. Even Derek said it looked real. (I don't think it was. Look at the lipstick Erin had on; it would have been on him. And it was on his cheek after their performance.) The way she denied it, not smiling at all, while Maks just sat there, seemed to tell me she is either really hiding something or trying to make us think that she is, acting coy, and playing up the "romance." I've seen the way Maks looks at her. When something funny happens in the celebraquarium, even if they're not sitting together, he turns to get her reaction. He also seems very familiar when he is holding her close during Brooke's interviews. They seem very comfortable with each other.

These couples, all of them - married or not - seem to get very close very fast. I know they have to for the show. But when I imagine myself having a relationship like that, I don't know if I could let someone I barely know get that close, both physically and emotionally.

I also think, by watching a little more carefully, that Erin and Evan have become close friends.

I really like Erin's dancing and Maks' choreography. Their real or imagined romance makes it more fun. In my mind, I hope she can, with few or no mistakes, make it to #3. If they ARE a couple, when they are eliminated, Maks should just grab her and kiss her in front of everyone. That would put the rumors to rest - or would it?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3877561;
    This couple intrigues me, rumors in all. Maks acts smitten and happy with her and that is a pleasure to watch. I checked out the Pulp Fiction clip on youtube where John Travolta and Uma Thurman "twist" dance. I can envision Maks and Erin creating the same scene with costume but wonder if they would use the same music for the jive.

I want Erin/Maks to make it to the finals for a great showdown!
    I think Erin in a black wig is going to be the spitting image of Uma in that scene. There is some facial similarity IMO. I wonder if they will put Maks in a wig as well. The greasy ponytail actually was his look several years ago!

I hope Erin can pull off a good jive. It's harder when you have long limbs, so it may be a challenge for her. Hopefully, she has good endurance.

FORT Regular

If you remember Julianne & Apollo danced to a song from Pulp Fiction. I am not sure which dance it was - but they
    did a great job - wigs and all...I too am cheering for Erin & Maks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3877625;
    I think Erin in a black wig is going to be the spitting image of Uma in that scene. There is some facial similarity IMO. I wonder if they will put Maks in a wig as well. The greasy ponytail actually was his look several years ago!

I hope Erin can pull off a good jive. It's harder when you have long limbs, so it may be a challenge for her. Hopefully, she has good endurance.
    Thank god he got rid of that! I think after this week Erin will give it her all. She's determined to do good and I know wants this. She had wanted to do the show for several seasons, she jokingly said to prove to America that not everyone at ESPN dances like Kenny Mayne One of my worries for the couples/movie themes is they might mimmick the movie too much that the judges may dock them for not being original enough. I'm not really sure what the judges are going for or scoring for here.

I watched an interview with the two of them and Derek and Nicole on Out of the Box. One caller asked about "the kiss" - was it real, did they practice, etc. Erin jumped right in and said there was no kiss. Even Derek said it looked real. (I don't think it was. Look at the lipstick Erin had on; it would have been on him. And it was on his cheek after their performance.) The way she denied it, not smiling at all, while Maks just sat there, seemed to tell me she is either really hiding something or trying to make us think that she is, acting coy, and playing up the "romance." I've seen the way Maks looks at her. When something funny happens in the celebraquarium, even if they're not sitting together, he turns to get her reaction. He also seems very familiar when he is holding her close during Brooke's interviews. They seem very comfortable with each other.
    Erin might be on the defensive since there's so many reports circulating about her rumored romance. It did look like a kiss to me, or a half kiss (I saw tongue in there). Both have admitted there's an attraction and they get along really well. I think there could be a lot of factors fueling their chemistry that maybe doesn't make it a true romance: all of Erin's troubles and Maks feeling protective of her, him coming off his engagement with Karina which left him heartbroken, and having the best partner he's had since season 5. A part of me thinks if it wasn't true they would play it up a little more when asked but then the other part of me thinks maybe they don't want to add fuel to the fire so it doesn't take away from their dancing. As I mentioned in a previous post, they're not the first couple to have this sort of chemistry, kiss on TV, and turn out to be an official couple. Either way, I'm enjoying having my Maks back and watching them. They'll be getting my votes

When the news about the death threats on Erin broke, Erin was interviewed on several entertainment news shows. The thing that she kept repeating was that she felt that she was in the "perfect situation" and with the "perfect people" when she found out.
    I believe that to be the truth.I I believe Maks will do anything to protect her. This girl has been through hell. First the stalker and now the death threats.
    I personally am so glad that she is on DWTS on several levels.
    It has to be a wonderful distraction from the craziness. She is doing well and learning a lot about ballroom dancing. She has one crazy hot dance partner.
    If she and Maks turn out to be romantically linked I would not be surprized. I think more than anything that their friendship will be rock solid as they continue to spend all of the hours together that comes with being a part of DWTS. I am rooting for Erin not only as a contestant, but hoping too that she will feel safe in the midst of a very unfair storm.
    I applaude Erin's courage and willingness to continue. I think that Maks is a huge part of this and that is not a bad thing. I think that this dancers and their partners do become a "family" because only they get what learning these different routines entail as well the the time committment.
    Erin is surrounded by a great family...with Maks leading the way. GO ERIN and MAKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Footballmom;3877894;
    I applaude Erin's courage and willingness to continue. I think that Maks is a huge part of this and that is not a bad thing. I think that this dancers and their partners do become a "family" because only they get what learning these different routines entail as well the the time committment.
    Erin is surrounded by a great family...with Maks leading the way. GO ERIN and MAKS!
    And as I said in a previous post - with everything going on in her life, it kind of makes everyone else's "whining" and complaining ridiculous! And now with her back problem - she still continues on, not complaining. Evan has too. They've set the bar high for other contestants to come when it comes to competing through personal problems or injuries.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3878146;
    And as I said in a previous post - with everything going on in her life, it kind of makes everyone else's "whining" and complaining ridiculous! And now with her back problem - she still continues on, not complaining. Evan has too. They've set the bar high for other contestants to come when it comes to competing through personal problems or injuries.
    Didn't she say in an interview that the back problem was a joke and it isn't bothering her at all?

Quote Originally Posted by catzy;3878200;
    Didn't she say in an interview that the back problem was a joke and it isn't bothering her at all?
    Oh, wow - I didn't hear that! Well, that would explain Maks' smiling in part of the clip we saw of the doctor examining her. Of course, Maks DOES smile a lot around her! I'm really glad it's nothing serious.

I caught the tail end of their interview on Chelsie Lately. Erin said they are both obsessed with Pam and Chelsie should get her for her show. lol Chelsie asked about Kate and Erin was nice and Maks started laughing and looking at the sky. The audience and Chelsie were laughing. It was explained that Tony and Maks are friends and Maks said lots of calls. It was nice to see Maks not give the PC answer and responded honestly. He doesn't like her and I'm sure he's spending time trying to console Tony. lol

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3878272;
    I caught the tail end of their interview on Chelsie Lately. Erin said they are both obsessed with Pam and Chelsie should get her for her show. lol Chelsie asked about Kate and Erin was nice and Maks started laughing and looking at the sky. The audience and Chelsie were laughing. It was explained that Tony and Maks are friends and Maks said lots of calls. It was nice to see Maks not give the PC answer and responded honestly. He doesn't like her and I'm sure he's spending time trying to console Tony. lol
    Maks has gotten less outspoken in the last couple of seasons, but I think he's learned that balance between being honest and not getting his big mouth in trouble (not that I think he cares). I remember last season, when he and Debi went on Jimmy Kimmell, Jimmy asked them about Mya's dance experience and when Debi started to answer honestly, Maks put his hand on her shoulder and steered the conversation away. I thought it interesting everything Maks said about Kate in that US Weekly article she went and did Monday/Tuesday night. I wonder if she's trying to hook him After all, he was her original partner choice.

Now I really can't wait for his new blog to hear what he has to say about the judges scores this past week.

+ Reply to Thread