+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3875104;
    The new US Magazine is apparently reporting that Kate's first choice for partner was Maks: Maksim: Kate Gosselin Doesn't "Get the Point" of DWTS - omg! news on Yahoo!

Like the crew member quoted in the article said, she would have lasted five minutes with Maks. She should be happy she got Tony, because Maks sure as hell wouldn't have put up with her nasty attitude.
    Maks has endeared himself to me even more with this article, for example, when he said "he had her ready with the routine," when talking about Kate's last dance, and when he said she should relax and have fun and not "focus on personal drama." Kate needs to take a lesson from Erin. Do you think having your life threatened is a little more nerve-racking than dealing with a public divorce, etc? Erin is doing an amazing job of relaxing and enjoying her dance!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3875121;
    In my mind, the only two possible pros they could have paired with Kate are Tony and Jonathan - both are kind, but firm. Maks' style would break Kate in a day....although that might have been fun to watch! One thing's for sure: if Kate had been paired with Maks, we definitely wouldn't be reading stories in US Magazine about their "romance"!
    If I didn't heart Maks as much as I did, I probably would have cheered on a Kate/Maks pairing because that would have been gold. I'm semi-surprised the producers didn't go for it, however, I'd bet the farm if it did happen, Kate would have quit before the premiere. She and Maks would have butted heads like no other on this show. I guess they lied to her when they said her original choice was too quiet for her Funny that Erin's original choices were Maks and Tony. She got Maks, but Tony got the very short end of the stick in comparision. It doesn't surprise me that she requested Maks. But I think Kate would have gotten an even bigger reality check if she were with Maks. I agree with your comment about Tony, Jonathan, and I think even to another extent Dmitry, Kym, and Edyta. All are very quiet, good natured, down to earth, and have had their share of difficult partners, both dance and/or attitude wise. Yet they're the least likely to snap, have attitude right back at them, and are just going to grin and bear it. I'm sure Kate was considred a delicate situation.

The more amusing scenario for me still would have been a Derek/Kate connection. Derek has splendid moves and fantastic choreography, but I wouldn't bet the extra water in a flood that he could begin to handle Kate. She would turn him every which way but loose...
    The rehearsal clips would be the highlight of the show.
    As good as Derek is, he really deserves someone like Kate. His worst partners have been Jennie Garth and Shannon Elizabeth, so it's not saying much when Tony's had Kathy Ireland and Kate Gosselin back to back or Jonathan's had 3 first ousters in a row (for him). Talented or not, producers/judges pet or not, it's old seeing Derek with yet another partner that can already dance and even appears to outshine him. I think even mild mannered Louis would have been at his wits end with Kate.

Maks has endeared himself to me even more with this article, for example, when he said "he had her ready with the routine," when talking about Kate's last dance, and when he said she should relax and have fun and not "focus on personal drama." Kate needs to take a lesson from Erin. Do you think having your life threatened is a little more nerve-racking than dealing with a public divorce, etc? Erin is doing an amazing job of relaxing and enjoying her dance!
    Either Maks learned his lesson and had a talking to, or he really is smitten with Erin that he's on cloud nine. I remember how his attitude changed from outspoken loud mouth bad boy to pure marshmellow when he got engaged to Karina. This season Maks is being very considerate with his remarks and while still telling it like it is, it doesn't seem to have the same brash it once did. It could be that because Tony is his best friend and besides, it not like he needs to totally dig into Kate to get the point across We all get it.

Who is John Galt?

I think Maks is smitten with Erin, although he is in the "rebound" zone having recently broken up with Karina which could spell trouble for Erin. Erin, on the other hand, is having to deal with a dangerous stalker and leaning on manly Max for support. He, of course, is feeling very protective over her, which will increase the intensity of their attraction to each other (if this attraction does really exist and not a made-up for ratings ploy). I think it is real. Neither one of them are actors and trained to fake emotion, so the chemistry we see is probably based on a real rather than made-up mutual attraction. As for their dancing, I loved their routine, and think Len was overly harsh in his judging and scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3875278;
    I think Maks is smitten with Erin, although he is in the "rebound" zone having recently broken up with Karina which could spell trouble for Erin. Erin, on the other hand, is having to deal with a dangerous stalker and leaning on manly Max for support. He, of course, is feeling very protective over her, which will increase the intensity of their attraction to each other (if this attraction does really exist and not a made-up for ratings ploy). I think it is real. Neither one of them are actors and trained to fake emotion, so the chemistry we see is probably based on a real rather than made-up mutual attraction. As for their dancing, I loved their routine, and think Len was overly harsh in his judging and scoring.
    I think the above could be what's fueling their attraction to each other. Plus, they're together every day and spend a lot of down time together as well. Erin's based out of Atlanta and I'm not sure if she could move easily enough but I don't see why she couldn't. I doubt Maks could leave NY/LA as easy. So there's going to be that factor. I think if something is going on, obviously they're not going to worry about it or spill the beans until all is said and done on the show. Something about their denial at the romance rumors seems genuine and a little too defensive for it not to be true. I'm sure they're enjoying each other's company at least and if the romance/chemistry keeps them in longer, they'll keep it up. I wish they were doing the rumba tonight but can't wait to see their tango.

If they're going to go for a shocking bottom 2 this week, manipulated or not, I think Erin stands a good chance of being under the red lights. Hopefully not, and I'm somewhat convinced other couples definitely suffered worse than her. But the scoring around her is so close, I'm not sure what percentage of fan votes she'd need to stay ahead of the 4 couples below her. Middle of the pack isn't always the best place to be. We saw Pam and Jake score highly with the judges and wind up in the bottom 2.

That said, I thought the judges were pretty snippy tonight. Going first didn't do Erin any favors, but I thought she did a lot better than they gave her credit for. I loved Maks's reaction, though I was feeling the same way. I appreciate Len giving advice, because he's the most crotchety and traditional on the panel, but the couples seem to worry so much about getting it right for him, they falter and screw up. Not her best dance, but better than what they gave her for it.

They had a bad night. The dance wasn't vg but I think they will rebound and come back strong next week. I don't think they will be in B2 this week at all.

I will start with the positives. Erin looked gorgeous in red and really seems to be having a ball being on the show. Maksim is relaxed, happy, and this season I have enjoyed that side of him.

There were only a couple of negatives. The fact that they had to go first, the dance was ok not great, and the judges were too harsh.

I am happy to announce that as of tonight I am on Team Maksim and Erin! I hope they win on and off the dance floor!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

If Erin had one perv stalker before tonight she now has one hundred stalking perverts. They are all lining up for the same lap dance the head judge almost got. If Maks designed the dance he might be one of them.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

I dont have any particular problem with these two, they are just boring to me. I could care less if they are an item or not because I have no clue who this girl is, and really Maks has never been a favorite of mine.

FORT Fanatic

Erin is the one who is under tremendous pressure, but you don't see her drumming up the crocodile tears for the camera about it unlike another person on the show. And to add back problems on top of it is even worse.

+ Reply to Thread