+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Re: Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3874450;

Frankly, besides being concerned for Erin, I'm concerned for the people in my area! This nut is from not too far from here. I'm more than a bit freaked out that they aren't doing anything about this guy! How is it his "right" to make continuous threats like that? I don't know how anyone could interpret them not to be threats. This doesn't exactly inspire great confidence in me in our area cops and FBI investigators.

The man ought to be arrested, period. Those who said this "free speech" bologna is a result of the PC mentality run amok-- I'm inclined to agree with you, sadly.

Poor Erin. Thoughts and prayers are with her.
    I find it completely mind boggling. Would the FBI be so lax if those threats were made against the President? I doubt it.

If I lived near that psycho, I'd be making sure everyone knew who he was, where he worked and what he'd done. Maybe that's a little vigilante of me, but people like that need to learn that the Internet is NOT anonymous and they can't get away with terrorizing someone like that.

I have so much admiration for Erin. I don't know that I'd be able to be so strong.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm in complete agreement. A news article I read said the FBI knows who he is but won't reveal his identity, probably for fears that people would begin harassing/attacking him (ironic, isn't it?) How often do we hear of horror stories where something could have been prevented, but someone, whether mental health professionals, employers, or the FBI/local authorities dropped the ball and innocent person got killed? How is this fair to Erin? She has a bodyguard now, which I can't blame her, but how sad she had to endure the peeping tom incident and now has to fear walking down the street that someone may shoot at her-and then the police can maybe act It's unfortunate that PC and the right of loons get the safety and better treatment over innocent citizens. And then they wonder why people turn vigilante. Who else is going to protect you but yourself? This is apparently the FBI's reasoning (and I feel like eventually this man's identity will come to light, and frankly hope he gets the same kind of treatment and knows what he's making Erin go through):

FBI investigates Hampton Roads man making threats to ESPN's Erin Andrews - WTKR

The FBI is investigating a Hampton Roads man who has been accused of making threats directed at ESPN's Erin Andrews.

She might seem carefree on TV, but privately ESPN's Erin Andrews can't feel comfortable.

Norfolk FBI says it is investigating emails that have been sent to her.

Reports suggest they are coming from a man in Newport News. He's alluded to her appearance on Dancing with the Stars. In writing the man says: "I would like to see if Erin Andrews can dance her way through a hail of gunfire. I would love to shoot her with a Barrett rifle."

'Barrett' refers to Michael David Barrett, a stalker who is in prison for shooting nude videos of Andrews.

But media law attorneys say the man harassing her is not likely to pay for it.

"The government is very reluctant to criminalize pure speech - you generally need speech plus something," said Leslie Spasser, a Virginia Beach lawyer.

Spasser says that something would have to pose a clear and imminent danger, otherwise emails are protected as free speech even if they are threatening.

That might be why the FBI would not reveal the writer's identity to NewsChannel 3 - only saying, "No arrest has been made and we are not commenting any further on the matter."

"The fact that this is a celebrity probably makes it more difficult because it's hard to say it's directed against you know - a neighbor or someone you're actually close enough to - to carry out your threat," Spasser added.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3874455;
    I find it completely mind boggling. Would the FBI be so lax if those threats were made against the President? I doubt it.

If I lived near that psycho, I'd be making sure everyone knew who he was, where he worked and what he'd done. Maybe that's a little vigilante of me, but people like that need to learn that the Internet is NOT anonymous and they can't get away with terrorizing someone like that.

I have so much admiration for Erin. I don't know that I'd be able to be so strong.
    See, this is what is particularly worrisome to me. I feel awful for Erin. But what about those of us who are here and are near this man? Obviously there's a wackjob in the area. Why can't they at least give us an age, general description, something? I'm not the paranoid type, but it's a little unsettling when you find yourself thinking "I wonder if I know this creep?"

I'm baffled by the end of that article from WTKR (which is a CBS affiliate, btw). She's not close enough to him, so that's probably part of why they aren't doing anything? What about when she travels around the country for baseball games and other types of games? If heck froze over and they actually played halfway decent this season, she could wind up covering a Nationals game in D.C., which is only a few hours away. Just makes no sense to me at all.

I hate seeing this happen to anyone, and it's extra nauseating to see it happen to someone who was once working for my beloved Braves. Despite me not caring for her work at the time, I still have a stubborn loyalty to most people associated with that team. The area connection makes me even sicker.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3874466;
    See, this is what is particularly worrisome to me. I feel awful for Erin. But what about those of us who are here and are near this man? Obviously there's a wackjob in the area. Why can't they at least give us an age, general description, something? I'm not the paranoid type, but it's a little unsettling when you find yourself thinking "I wonder if I know this creep?"

I'm baffled by the end of that article from WTKR (which is a CBS affiliate, btw). She's not close enough to him, so that's probably part of why they aren't doing anything? What about when she travels around the country for baseball games and other types of games? If heck froze over and they actually played halfway decent this season, she could wind up covering a Nationals game in D.C., which is only a few hours away. Just makes no sense to me at all.

I hate seeing this happen to anyone, and it's extra nauseating to see it happen to someone who was once working for my beloved Braves. Despite me not caring for her work at the time, I still have a stubborn loyalty to most people associated with that team. The area connection makes me even sicker.
    But what psychological effect could publicly outting this guy have on him? Could he possibly flip, go psycho, and start a random shooting rampage? Maybe the FBI is acting on the advise of a profiler?

PS I know nothing about this kind of thing, but it is just a sickening kind of guess based on some of the recent past incidences that seemed to have even less provocation.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3874457;
    I'm in complete agreement. A news article I read said the FBI knows who he is but won't reveal his identity, probably for fears that people would begin harassing/attacking him (ironic, isn't it?) How often do we hear of horror stories where something could have been prevented, but someone, whether mental health professionals, employers, or the FBI/local authorities dropped the ball and innocent person got killed? How is this fair to Erin? She has a bodyguard now, which I can't blame her, but how sad she had to endure the peeping tom incident and now has to fear walking down the street that someone may shoot at her-and then the police can maybe act It's unfortunate that PC and the right of loons get the safety and better treatment over innocent citizens. And then they wonder why people turn vigilante. Who else is going to protect you but yourself? This is apparently the FBI's reasoning (and I feel like eventually this man's identity will come to light, and frankly hope he gets the same kind of treatment and knows what he's making Erin go through):

FBI investigates Hampton Roads man making threats to ESPN's Erin Andrews - WTKR
    They may not have the legal grounds to get this Bozo yet, but I'm guessing they are keeping a very close eye on him. I would be if I were them. If he puts one toe out of line I'm guessing he'll be in the slammer quick. If I were Erin, Id' ask for a restraining order to keep him out of LA or anywhere near where she is.

The new US Magazine is apparently reporting that Kate's first choice for partner was Maks: Maksim: Kate Gosselin Doesn't "Get the Point" of DWTS - omg! news on Yahoo!

Like the crew member quoted in the article said, she would have lasted five minutes with Maks. She should be happy she got Tony, because Maks sure as hell wouldn't have put up with her nasty attitude.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3875104;
    The new US Magazine is apparently reporting that Kate's first choice for partner was Maks: Maksim: Kate Gosselin Doesn't "Get the Point" of DWTS - omg! news on Yahoo!

Like the crew member quoted in the article said, she would have lasted five minutes with Maks. She should be happy she got Tony, because Maks sure as hell wouldn't have put up with her nasty attitude.
    With Maks, the furr would have been flying, and the producers just might have lost their cash cow. That doesn't even address what might have happened to their volatile sex-symbol pro. There was no way they were going to chance that match up.
    The more amusing scenario for me still would have been a Derek/Kate connection. Derek has splendid moves and fantastic choreography, but I wouldn't bet the extra water in a flood that he could begin to handle Kate. She would turn him every which way but loose...
    The rehearsal clips would be the highlight of the show.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3875114;
    With Maks, the furr would have been flying, and the producers just might have lost their cash cow. That doesn't even address what might have happened to their volatile sex-symbol pro. There was no way they were going to chance that match up.
    The more amusing scenario for me still would have been a Derek/Kate connection. Derek has splendid moves and fantastic choreography, but I wouldn't bet the extra water in a flood that he could begin to handle Kate. She would turn him every which way but loose...
    The rehearsal clips would be the highlight of the show.
    IMO they will never give Derek a bad partner. I have to admit, the guy is an incredibly talented choreographer, and it would be wasted on Kate (or any other lousy dancer) no matter how many weeks she manages to remain on the show.

It's funny that Kate was apparently told that the pro she wanted was too quiet for her, which Maks is not. They just knew that they owed him a decent partner for the sake of his many female fans who have not been able to root for him for a few years, and Kate was not getting him, no way, no how, so they made up some excuse.

In my mind, the only two possible pros they could have paired with Kate are Tony and Jonathan - both are kind, but firm. Maks' style would break Kate in a day....although that might have been fun to watch! One thing's for sure: if Kate had been paired with Maks, we definitely wouldn't be reading stories in US Magazine about their "romance"!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3875121;
    One thing's for sure: if Kate had been paired with Maks, we definitely wouldn't be reading stories in US Magazine about their "romance"!
    Oh thank you. Thank you very much. Now I need to go and loofah myself until I run out of hot water.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread