+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3881970;
    If you think Kate was a pong, what do you think of Tom squeezing the last drops of her life out of the show at the end with a teary interview instead of dancing? That pretty much summed up ABC's tabloidish exploitation of her. It wasn't just Kate seeking fame; ABC is the dirty enabler. It takes two to tango.
    Not always, sometimes it just takes one dragging the other around the floor.
    Who knows why she exited the way she did.......I'm just glad that she did. Did I miss the group hug?

HAD to check the board to see if I could start watching again (or at least keep up by following the posts, !) . . .

THANK YOU, LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry for Tony and will miss him (he's probably most likely out dancing a jig right now, and if he IS, good for HIM!), BUT . . .

TIME TO START THE PARTAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3882016;
    4. Seriously? - Jake and Chelsie's was the favorite dance the judges wanted to replay? I didn't think their's was THAT interesting or different. IMHO Pam's (even with the props), Evan's and Nicole's were better. I'd actually liked to have seen Pam's again, if nothing else to see the two of them dance across the furniture. Len's comments aside, you have to give them kudos for taking that risk.
    Actually, I would have preferred to see Erin and Maks dance their Jive again. It was ten times better than Jake and Chelsie's Cha Cha. They went with the biggest prop of the night, after ripping Pamela and Damian apart for their props and ripping on Maks for reading a menu too long. Maks was at least dancing while he was reading the menu. Jake was just posturing, doing the Tom Cruise thing and trying to get his pants on in time.

The judges' idea of fairness is well... questionable.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They have had odd encore selections before (Chuck/Anna's samba, Adam/Julianne's paso-where he rode the unicycle). I think they just figured it'd be such a thrill to see Jake pantless again. Or that it was the funniest routine of the night. I don't think any couple has had 2 encores this season, so since they dogged Pamela and Erin, and there was no way Kate would get it, I guess they had to give it to Jake. I felt bad Chelsie almost had a wardrobe malfunction in the process.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

So so so so so so so so so so so glad Kate is GONE! FINALLY!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3881970;
    If you think Kate was a pong, what do you think of Tom squeezing the last drops of her life out of the show at the end with a teary interview instead of dancing? That pretty much summed up ABC's tabloidish exploitation of her. It wasn't just Kate seeking fame; ABC is the dirty enabler. It takes two to tango.
    Exploitation is generally used in our society to mean someone taking unfair advantage for their own gain, or use of someone or something as a means of gaining some benefit for self. By that definition I think that Khate has to accept responsibility for any exploitation going on. She is a very willing participant and she certainly continues to seek the lime light, seemingly in any way available. She's an adult who was NOT hoodwinked into taking this gig. While I don't disagree that ABC used her for ratings I think her benefit was far greater than theirs. She got paid and she also got to extend her far-too-long 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3882035;
    Actually, I would have preferred to see Erin and Maks dance their Jive again. It was ten times better than Jake and Chelsie's Cha Cha. They went with the biggest prop of the night, after ripping Pamela and Damian apart for their props and ripping on Maks for reading a menu too long. Maks was at least dancing while he was reading the menu. Jake was just posturing, doing the Tom Cruise thing and trying to get his pants on in time.

Most definitely – I would’ve liked to see Erin and Maks dance their Jive without the pressures of being scored. I think we would’ve seen the performance Erin had hoped she’d given on Monday night.

I thought they gave it to Jake because he was leaving – cuz I can’t imagine why they gave it to him over anyone else. Nicole and Evan have already gotten encore dances and are likely going to have more in the upcoming weeks, so I can see them not getting selected, but the Jake selection was curious…..

They should let the viewers vote on who gets the encore dance.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3882035;

I didn't get to see all of Erin and Mak's so I went with the one that I saw all the way through. You are right though upon rethinking - theirs was the best that had no props that wasn't Evan or Nicole.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3882150;
    Most definitely – I would’ve liked to see Erin and Maks dance their Jive without the pressures of being scored. I think we would’ve seen the performance Erin had hoped she’d given on Monday night.

I thought they gave it to Jake because he was leaving – cuz I can’t imagine why they gave it to him over anyone else. Nicole and Evan have already gotten encore dances and are likely going to have more in the upcoming weeks, so I can see them not getting selected, but the Jake selection was curious…..

They should let the viewers vote on who gets the encore dance.....
    ITA with the bolded. We can't know how the viewer voting is really going, but Jake's been in the bottom 2 before, and I'll bet he was close this week as well. So, give him the encore this week with lots of praise and send him away next week (please!). Like they praised Kate last week, and she left this week. At least, that's what I'm really hoping for.

Also agree, Erin and Maks should have been the encore performance, no contest.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fanatic

It is Wednesday morning and Kate is still gone!!! Glory, glory.

I just hate that it was a week later than it should have been. We lost Aiden because of her. If she had been scored like she should have been, she would have been outta there last week.

+ Reply to Thread