+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

If you think Kate was a pong, what do you think of Tom squeezing the last drops of her life out of the show at the end with a teary interview instead of dancing? That pretty much summed up ABC's tabloidish exploitation of her. It wasn't just Kate seeking fame; ABC is the dirty enabler. It takes two to tango.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3881783;
    I'm so glad to have this opportunity to CHANGE THE CAPTION UNDER MY AVATAR!!!!

OOOHHH!!!! Too cute! I just now noticed.

FORT Newbie

I dislike Kate as much as everyone else, and I am ecstatic that she's gone, but I almost wish she was sticking around for next week (though NOT at the expense of Pamela!) Could you imagine her doing an Argentine Tango or a Samba, PLUS the swing marathon? The train wreck would have been fantastic.

FORT Fan

Just watching the show now on the West Coast. When Kate was in the confessional saying that she knew that she was improving even if the Judges didn't see it, Tony had the same look on his face that Jon used to have for Kate's statements when they had their show. Same "if you say so" look, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and not get into any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz;3881972;
    I dislike Kate as much as everyone else, and I am ecstatic that she's gone, but I almost wish she was sticking around for next week (though NOT at the expense of Pamela!) Could you imagine her doing an Argentine Tango or a Samba, PLUS the swing marathon? The train wreck would have been fantastic.
    I'm always up for a good one, if... IF there is someone else on the show I wouldn't mind seeing go first. I hung in there with Cloris as long as I did because I thought Susan Lucci had no chance of winning, and frankly Cloris had me rolling in the floor on most of her nights on the show. Nothing better than a trainwreck that makes your sides hurt laughing.

At this point in this season, I didn't want to watch the trainwreck at the expense of anyone left - even Jake. Kate just needed to go already. Now back to enjoying DWTS again.

Rooting always for Chad, then when he's gone (if he's gone) I'll throw all my votes to Erin and Evan.

I think Tony had it right, Khate had no motivation.

While I did see little bits of dancing it is pretty obvious that Khate is the worst dancer out there and after 6 weeks of practice is still horrible. I honestly don't think she was even trying and that is sad.

In one sense I do wish the train wreck had stayed but I am glad it is gone.

I think it is great that folks are getting to see that Pam Anderson can act and Carrie Ann's suggestion of Broadway was a good one.

Jake, I was surprised and impressed.

Nicey, I will aways luv.

Erin, Nicole and Evan all were good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I bet the chemistry of DWTS just improved 100% No one has to worry about hurting widdle Khates feelings and they don't have to deal with her DIVA wanna be attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3881660;
    Kate, Pamela, Evan, and Bruno. How could he not bring up Jake's take on Tom Cruise?
    Probably because he's ABC's golden boy right now (why I don't know) and he's off limits. (That's what I'd hazard as a guess... he DID deserve to be razzed for the tighty-whitey shorts and all).

Anyone wanna take bets on how awkward the view is going to be with Kate and Whoopi? Especially after Whoopi called Kate an angry b*tch?

Watching tonight's show I have a few things to say:

1. I have a feeling they didn't do the recap part because she has been nothing more than a fountain of complaining (when said complaining she could've fixed herself - i.e. be there for her kids by NOT going on TV all the time and getting a normal job), nearly forcing a very good dancer to quit in order to get away from her, and honestly a lot of delusion.

2. When it was Pamela vs. Kate, I knew Pam would most likely be safe because PETA always does a blog each week for reasons to vote for Pam. While I would MUCH rather that said members actually voted based on her dancing instead of her advocacy (opinions aside regarding PETA, it is advocacy), this week I didn't mind that it saved Pam, a much better dancer, than Kate.

3. Cheryl and Chad 85... I did think it was odd, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised that they didn't hear properly and wanted to be sure so they didn't look too ridiculous if they were in error.

4. Seriously? - Jake and Chelsie's was the favorite dance the judges wanted to replay? I didn't think their's was THAT interesting or different. IMHO Pam's (even with the props), Evan's and Nicole's were better. I'd actually liked to have seen Pam's again, if nothing else to see the two of them dance across the furniture. Len's comments aside, you have to give them kudos for taking that risk.

5. Again - Kate is finally gone, and I have to say, it's also a shame she's let fame get to her head like this. A lot of people really do not like that she is focusing more on herself than her kids in this case. Just because she was a reality TV show mom does NOT mean that she couldn't return to nursing (even as a school nurse at the school her children work at) or a decent job that keeps her near her kids. I'm single, probably will be for a long time, and even there my heart cries for those kids as they're getting such a mixed up life with the way Kate is toward older men (Jon - even with his faults, and Tony) and basically ignoring them.

Yes, I'm going to say that IMHO she's more focused on herself then kids when she's complaining about everything when she was dancing. If she was really more focused on succeeding to help her kids, IMHO, I think she would've done less bitching to Tony and focused on what he had to say instead of trying to do everything her way. She really does have an issue with men - probably because of what happened with her and Jon - but still, the control issues here and her whining was not only annoying, but sad.

I'm glad she is eliminated from the show, and I hope that she will instead of focusing on the media, glitz and glamor she takes time to focus on her kids and find a job that lets her see her kids before it's too late and they fall under similar limelight complexes. That is the greatest tragedy if it happens.

+ Reply to Thread