+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3876788;
    Most of the posts in Kate's thread are about not voting for her.
    exactly - just because this threads gets more views and posts doesn't = votes....just look at the number of positive vs. negative posts and there is a clear winner (or loser).

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3876795;
    I will agree that the number of pages in a contestant's thread has nothing to do with their number of fans.

I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with this show. You can't tell me that she did not know ahead of time that she was staying. She would never have been standing there smiling otherwise.
    It's enough to make me stop watching until she's gone. Watching Aiden leave last night and she gets to stay is beyond comprehension - if she was likeable it would be another story, but she's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3876723;
    I have been looking forward to Ali's season for what seems like forever and I didn't even think about the producers keeping Jake around to promote it. You might be on to something.

Can you image a F3 with Kate, Jake, and ? Any guesses? That would really stink!
    Good Lord I hope not, her season doesn't premiere until May 24, which means another 6 more weeks with Jake......please noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    Last edited by anders332; 04-14-2010 at 11:46 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3876750;
    As much as so like Edyta I don't think she's a great choreographer and do feel we see a lot of her writhing around her partners while they do little more than stand there.
    Unless things have changed recently I believe the pros do design the costumes, or at the very least have heavy input. During Gilles season they allowed the stars to design the costumes one week instead of the pros.

Edyta got a duff partner this season, but like Kate there's no real reason he should be bad.
    I'd really like to see her get a great partner next season, but I really think she needs to get more creative with her choreo.
    I think Edyta is a sweetheart and she's clearly gorgeous, but if you watch her carefully in any of the group pro dance numbers, you can see that she is often outdanced by the other female pros. As good as she is by our standards, I just don't think she is as talented as the other female pros, in terms of dancing, choreographing or teaching.

Is "duff" a typo, or is it a cross between "dud" and "buff" (because that certainly describes Aiden)?

Also, another point about Edyta, she may dance great but just b/c you can dance doesn't mean you have a creative mind and can create choregraphy to fit the music and the person's strengths/weakeness.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3876800;
    Wonder who is voting for her? None of us here like her and no one I know likes her. Can we say "Fix"!!! Boggles my mind.
    Well we all know she is garaunteed at least 80 votes from her kids.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3876663;
    I'm not surprised. Hoping I was wrong, of course, but surprised? If the DO returns, that's really their only way to get rid of Kate if they want too, even if that means manipulating the votes if she doesn't land in the bottom 2. Edyta was the only one I heard mention it so far so maybe I misunderstood her and they aren't doing it this season. Tony has to realize, though, that it's going to get really ugly if she continues to last because she has no talent. The judges may start being harsher towards her, but they aren't going to score her anything lower than a 5. If she continues to last, it'll be ugly because she'll be more than a laughingstock or a mockery. The show may love it but I don't know if they'll realize what they're dealing with. People came and saw and now it's not even like there's an anticipation of how she'll do, what the judges will say, or whether she'll be safe. We already know the answers to those questions. He has no choice but to boost her up and try and keep her in it. I think Kate can at least outlast Jake, Niecy, and maybe even Pam. I'd be surprised to see her outlast Erin, Chad, Evan, or Nicole.

They're going to repeat dances already? I wonder if it's only for movie night. Maybe everyone picks a dance style to dance to? Might make sense to go along with dancing to movie songs.

I hear you I wish his brother would become a pro on here. I know he's turned it down as he still competes professionally, but it's be interesting to see the two Chmerkovskiy's competing against each other rather than dancing together in a pro dance.

Hasn't Kate gotten some 4s?

Jake says this week on DWTS is movie week. They have chosen a movie that stars Tom Cruise. And asked can anyone guess which movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;3876952;
    Jake says this week on DWTS is movie week. They have chosen a movie that stars Tom Cruise. And asked can anyone guess which movie?
    At a guess I would say either Risky Business or Mission Impossible. What I would like to see would be Tom Cruise as he appeared in Tropic Thunder. Not going to happen though.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3876961;
    At a guess I would say either Risky Business or Mission Impossible. What I would like to see would be Tom Cruise as he appeared in Tropic Thunder. Not going to happen though.
    Wasn't Tom Cruise in Top Gun? What music if any is known for that show?
    Unless someone like you cares a lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.

~ Author unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3876860;
    Also, another point about Edyta, she may dance great but just b/c you can dance doesn't mean you have a creative mind and can create choregraphy to fit the music and the person's strengths/weakeness.
    Exactly! I actually ADORE Edyta as a person (and I truly do admire/wish for her body!), but her choreography stinks. The judges have even said as much in the past.

Derek, Mark, Julianne (when she was on the show), Cheryl, and Max are the best choreographers (IMO), and that is why they tend to so so well.

Gee - Top Gun springs to mind......Danger Zone was the biggest song from that movie.

Kate's scores

Week 1 = 16
    Week 2 = 15 (all 5's)
    Week 3 = 15 (all 5's)
    Week 4 she got a 4 from CA for her technique.
    Last edited by anders332; 04-14-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread