+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I am now firmly of the belief that the voting is rigged. I suspected before, like so many have, but I am dead sure now. There is no way that Kate can get that many votes to last this long. She is a nasty person, rude and greedy, and a terrible dancer. I am sick of her padded scores and seeing her every week. I give up on voting, clearly the show's producers have decided who stays and who goes, and the votes don't mean a thing.

I don't think that DWTS's voting is rigged. It is a popularity vote and going by the number of views on each of the threads, Khate has over 26,000 and Jake 23,000, Erin 8,000 and Pam has over 4,000. That is an incredible amount of people reading the threads and that translates into votes. While I don't necessarily like a popularity vote which totally ignores the effort, skill and improvement each contestant brings each week that is simply a fact of this show. I won't be surprised if Khate and Jake end up in the final 4. I can just imagine Khate winning it or more likely placing second because the judges do have some say in the final outcome.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Most of the posts in Kate's thread are about not voting for her.

While KHate's thread does have the most posts and views, the vast majority of them are people who are critical of her. Looking back on earlier posts, even the posters who started out neutral or as "semi-fans" seemed to have turned to disliking her. Just because a thread as a lot of views on Fort doesn't mean we're voting for her. (The thought makes my stomach clinch.)
    Either someone is voting in large numbers, or the show is rigged. I don't think it's above them to rig it because the controversy has certainly brought in ratings.
    I'll say again that I'm tired of the drama and gimmicks and wish the show would go back to it's roots of being more about dancing.

FORT Fanatic

I will agree that the number of pages in a contestant's thread has nothing to do with their number of fans.

I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with this show. You can't tell me that she did not know ahead of time that she was staying. She would never have been standing there smiling otherwise.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3876775;
    I am now firmly of the belief that the voting is rigged. I suspected before, like so many have, but I am dead sure now. There is no way that Kate can get that many votes to last this long. She is a nasty person, rude and greedy, and a terrible dancer. I am sick of her padded scores and seeing her every week. I give up on voting, clearly the show's producers have decided who stays and who goes, and the votes don't mean a thing.
    I agree! I will still vote, but it has to be rigged!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3876608;
    I'm soooo bummed. I try to remind myself that it's just a show and doesn't really affect my life, but---it's so wrong that an ugly person stays while someone who is progressing in dance and doesn't bring his personal drama to the show is gone.
    And, just from the people on this board, none (or almost none) of us are voting for her. So I guess it offends my sense of decency and fairness that she's still there. It also ticks me off to see her "happy face" which is, I'm sure, a result of tptb telling her how sour she's been looking and suggesting she sweeten up her attitude.

Wonder who is voting for her? None of us here like her and no one I know likes her. Can we say "Fix"!!! Boggles my mind.
    Last edited by Coco46; 04-14-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3876800;
    Wonder who is voting for her? None of us here like her and no one I know likes her. Boggles my mind.
    I do understand that most of the people posting here are not Khate fans, but I was just over on People.com and Khate does have her fans and I think it is those that are keeping her on the show. I think her fans are willing to vote multiply times to keep her on the show while the folks who don't like her just don't bother to vote at all and therefore she continues to stay.

If there was a vote to eliminate someone I am sure that Khate would have been long gone.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

This is the first time I've ever seen more than a few segments here and there. I believe firmly the voting is rigged. The judges can take it into account - or ignore it - which is why that awful woman Kate is still there.

If I hear one more time that she is 'only doing it for her kids,' I'm going to barf (excuse the expression). Most parents holding down jobs 'do it for their kids,' at least in part. Why should she get any special credit?

I hate that Kate is still there. I can't stand her.

I am also not liking Nichole at all. I think that she is a diva and I only want her to stay if she will cry some more so I can laugh at her. Really, she is quite the drama queen.

I never ever ever thought I would like Pam as much as I do. She is winning over my support and I am not a person who normally likes that over sexed persona.

+ Reply to Thread