+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Having watched every season of the show (though I don't remember nearly as much as Karalot does) I long for the time when the show seemed to be more about dance and less about drama. I guess drama is better overall for ratings but they're risking losing some of us...

FORT Regular

I just started watching DWTS a few seasons ago, and was really enjoying it. The stunt casting of Kate and Jake though, has really ruined it for me. I have only watched a few minutes this season, and probably won't watch again until those two are gone. It's obvious that Kate has someone, somewhere, in her pocket pulling strings to get her on television shows, magazine covers, etc. And she is really just a nobody.

I have better things to do with my time than watch a glorified nobody who is (in my opinion) a terrible mother to her poor children. It's really a sad commentary on our society these days.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3876619;
    Having watched every season of the show (though I don't remember nearly as much as Karalot does) I long for the time when the show seemed to be more about dance and less about drama. I guess drama is better overall for ratings but they're risking losing some of us...
    Me too. I miss the days when even the boy banders or Mario Lopez's looked like amateurs compared to some of the overqualified contestants they've gotten in the last few seasons. The scoring was more consistant, there were lower scores to start, less bias/favoritism, less having to be nice to certain couples and making it so obvious why they're going for to win, have a redemption, leave, or take a mighty fall. The contestants were learning something well outside their comfort zone, gimmicks were practically non-exsistant as were themes, it wasn't about drama, injuries, showmances, and sorry excuses for humans like Kate dominating the coverage. Will they care if she outlasts better couples? No. It's a TV show set to make them money. They want people to tune in and have a raging hate for Kate and continue that rage with each passing week as she gets by better couples. Unless the ratings took a huge nosedive, they wouldn't care. And they probably will continue to go for the more scandalous/controversial choices next season, except I think they may overdo it (just a hunch as fall seasons typically tank compared to the spring editions). Kate's probably exceeding what the show expected. Now she's on a huge media tour this week. She'll get them even more publicity. People that weren't tuning in might just to see what the fuss is about.

FORT Fanatic

Not sure when she plans to practice or return to her children if she is on Jay Leno and Joy Behar tomorrow, along with being on ET and Access Hollywood.

I agree, it is a sad commentary on our country that this woman is supported. She is taking the joy out of this show for me.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3876533;
    Kate stays.

Nope. What I'm hearing is that Kate has a HUGE fanbase and they are voting like crazy. Go figure.
    If someone in your family has another email address get them to vote, too. Or if you have two or more email addresses (I do), you can register each email address and vote with each of them. You could even create a second or even third email address to increase your number of votes. If hundreds of us did that, maybe it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3876591;
    I felt for Nicole, and I knew that her comment (the way it was edited anyway) would really make people start disliking her. I can understand what she meant about being an artist. ...But ABC's callous edit of that moment just makes her look like a brat, when the only person she is down on is herself. It's really not fair to her.
    I completely agree. I understood exactly how she was feeling, but I knew as I was hearing her that there will be people watching who will just think "whiny" rather than looking a little deeper than the surface. And it really isn't fair to her.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm surprised so many people dared to hope that Kate would go tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it to the final 4.

The only way to keep positive is just to laugh about it and wait to savor the day she goes. It will give everyone something to look forward to each week.

Team Kate is very dedicated. Tony unknowingly summed up their attitude best when he tried to motivate Kate by saying "If you give up, HE wins..." All the "stars" have some fans, but only Team Kate believes their votes are part of an epic battle of good versus evil. (I still think someone should send flowers to Kate's dressing room with a note that says "Love, John.")

When they say people are voting in record numbers, you have to assume that it is the usual seasonal amount of voters PLUS Team Kate.

So sad about Aiden leaving. I've been a fan since he first started on AMC and I've always thought he was just a good guy. He's been working so hard and really deserved to stay at least one more week. My only hope is that the show gives his career a boost. He's a really nice guy - he deserves some success.

Someone commented that Jake (in addition to Kate) was stunt casting and I don't agree....or if it is, they've been doing stunt casting crossovers with the Bach franchise and DWTS since season 1 with Trista. I'm not Jake's biggest fan, but he's improving and may actually be listening to Chelsie now, which is progress....plus, he actually acts like he wants to be there, which is more than I can say for Kate.

I'm so happy Erin and Maks are still there though! She's my pick to make it to the top 3 with Evan and Nicole. The longer Maks sticks around, the better.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The show becomes a bigger mockery with every week Kate stays. Are they going to do a dance off this season? If they are and they want to save Kate they just won't allow her to be in B2 because there's no one they can boot over her. She's that bad. Kate stays much longer and I think people will start turning it off because it's boring and predictable at this point. Just announce her safe first and be done with it.

Someone posted Evan had the Rumba next week which surprised me. If they are doing repeat dances you'd think it would be Cha Cha and VW as they did those the first week. How convenient that Kate would be due Cha Cha and will end up with Rumba which is more posey and not as much side by side not to mention one of the more subjective dances. I guess they'll whip out the 7 paddles next week for her.

I was glad Jake stayed because he has some potential and I love Chelsie. He better keep his new improved attitude next week. At least Jake and the others seem to care. Kate doesn't.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3876652;
    I'm surprised so many people dared to hope that Kate would go tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it to the final 4.

The only way to keep positive is just to laugh about it and wait to savor the day she goes. It will give everyone something to look forward to each week.

Team Kate is very dedicated. Tony unknowingly summed up their attitude best when he tried to motivate Kate by saying "If you give up, HE wins..." All the "stars" have some fans, but only Team Kate believes their votes are part of an epic battle of good versus evil. (I still think someone should send flowers to Kate's dressing room with a note that says "Love, John.")

When they say people are voting in record numbers, you have to assume that it is the usual seasonal amount of voters PLUS Team Kate.
    I'm not surprised. Hoping I was wrong, of course, but surprised? If the DO returns, that's really their only way to get rid of Kate if they want too, even if that means manipulating the votes if she doesn't land in the bottom 2. Edyta was the only one I heard mention it so far so maybe I misunderstood her and they aren't doing it this season. Tony has to realize, though, that it's going to get really ugly if she continues to last because she has no talent. The judges may start being harsher towards her, but they aren't going to score her anything lower than a 5. If she continues to last, it'll be ugly because she'll be more than a laughingstock or a mockery. The show may love it but I don't know if they'll realize what they're dealing with. People came and saw and now it's not even like there's an anticipation of how she'll do, what the judges will say, or whether she'll be safe. We already know the answers to those questions. He has no choice but to boost her up and try and keep her in it. I think Kate can at least outlast Jake, Niecy, and maybe even Pam. I'd be surprised to see her outlast Erin, Chad, Evan, or Nicole.

Someone posted Evan had the Rumba next week which surprised me. If they are doing repeat dances you'd think it would be Cha Cha and VW as they did those the first week. How convenient that Kate would be due Cha Cha and will end up with Rumba which is more posey and not as much side by side not to mention one of the more subjective dances. I guess they'll whip out the 7 paddles next week for her.
    They're going to repeat dances already? I wonder if it's only for movie night. Maybe everyone picks a dance style to dance to? Might make sense to go along with dancing to movie songs.

I'm so happy Erin and Maks are still there though! She's my pick to make it to the top 3 with Evan and Nicole. The longer Maks sticks around, the better.
    I hear you I wish his brother would become a pro on here. I know he's turned it down as he still competes professionally, but it's be interesting to see the two Chmerkovskiy's competing against each other rather than dancing together in a pro dance.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-13-2010 at 10:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread