+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/06 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/06 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The only legitimate scoring system divides degree of difficulty with technical skill.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pikaki;3871825;
    I agree about Cheryl . . . she doesn't seem happy at all this season!
    I thought Cheryl looked like she was maybe falling for Ochocinco.....she
    looks like she is starry eyed when she looks at him.

I picked Jake to be eliminated tonight and it almost happened. I hope he got a wake-up call tonight that the show can survive without him and his ego. I thought the saluting of Buzz when he was eliminated was very touching and I might even miss him even though he wasn't the best dancer. I think Nicole, Kate, and Pam might stick around, but Kate hasn't earned the right to be there IMO.

So happy Erin was safe tonight!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by cyn2much;3871856;
    I thought Cheryl looked like she was maybe falling for Ochocinco.....she
    looks like she is starry eyed when she looks at him.

IMO Cheryl falls for all the single guys she is paired with. She is a flirt, but I think she is a great dancer. I would be starry eyed too if Ocho gave me a $10,000 ring.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Does the doubling of the score add to the judges weight in all this?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3871826;
    I had a late client and missed part of the show. Is the new scoring system going to be used next week only or for the remainder of the season? Lynn said he should've given Erin a 6 last night? What would be his point in saying that, do you think? These judges are getting really bizarre!
    As Tom said, even retroactive Len is cranky. Maks thought they got underscored by Len as it was so I can't imagine what he'll think when he hears Len say he should have given him lower. By the sounds of it, the scoring system is only for next week.

Regarding Cheryl, maybe she's trying to keep business and pleasure seperate and it's harder than she thought. I did see a paps video of her and Chad walking arm and arm so I can't believe she's annoyed or freaked out by his flirtatious nature. Maybe she wishes he'd tone it down a little, though? Erin/Maks said they're enjoying playing up the rumors but won't give their secret away. Part of me thinks they're really just good friends and would be surprised to see anything come of this romantically; the sappy romantic part hopes they fall in love and that all the rumors are true

Just finished watching the west coast broadcast, and I thought Jake looked absolutely stunned to be in the bottom 2. Not even relief when Buzz was sent home, but still shaking his head that he was even that close. Does he really think all of America is in love with him? Seems like both Jake & Kate could do with a little honest self reflection!

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Well crap, how the heck is Kate still here? She's a terrible dancer. Buzz may be stiff, but he at least tries, Kate just stomps around and makes Tony look bad.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3871882;
    Does the doubling of the score add to the judges weight in all this?
    Don't quote me on this but I'm going to assume no. They have the weeks of 2 dances where they have two sets of scores but I don't believe it's ever weighed more than the 50% as in the week with one dance. I am curious, though, if they're going to revamp the scores any or if they're going to go down the line twice, each holding their paddles up for each part of the process.

I wonder if this is something that could become permanent and they're trying to test the waters of the audience first.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3871885;
    Just finished watching the west coast broadcast, and I thought Jake looked absolutely stunned to be in the bottom 2. Not even relief when Buzz was sent home, but still shaking his head that he was even that close. Does he really think all of America is in love with him? Seems like both Jake & Kate could do with a little honest self reflection!
    Yes, I think he does! That's why he's so hard for me to watch. He's just nauseating.

I didn't listen close enough tonight. Was it stated that Jake/Chelsie were actually IN the bottom 2 of the combined judges/viewer votes? Or were they thrown in there for drama? I hope they were actually bottom 2. Maybe we can get rid of him next week. It looks like Kate has enough people voting for her -- if she pulled out of the bottom 2 ahead of Jake -- that we may have her around a couple more weeks.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread