+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 3/30 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/30 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3866934;
    Just saw a promo for Jimmy Kimmel Live, and Jimmy said, "...and find out why Shannen Doherty stiffed us!"

The show just started, and they announced Bruno is going on in her place. I guess we'll find out what happened...

EDIT: Jimmy said that Shannen was the first DWTS cast-off ever to decline the invitation to appear on his show after being voted off. Hmm...
    Jimmy was wrong about Shannen being the first. in 2007 Viveca Fox declined; I'd heard she and Jimmy had a history, but I don't know details. Also, Marie Osmond didn't go on Kimmel - in fact, she was so ticked off about not winning that she didn't do ANY publicity after the finals were over. She said she had to get home to her family.

Bruno was on; he made a brief appearance during Jimmy's monologue.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3866976;
    Didn't Macy Gray skip out on him, too?
    As MFWalkoff explained, Macy locked herself in the bathroom (according to Jimmy). I also remember that Macy's partner Jonathan came on and said Macy was really upset/distraught aboout being eliminated.
    Last edited by tango7; 03-31-2010 at 11:44 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Shannen and Mark were on GMA this morning, so I guess she had time to settle down over night. They are also scheduled for Live With Regis and Kelly tomorrow.

I was surprised that Shannen and Pam were the bottom two (if they really were of course), but I think both were kind of overlooked by voters, with all the controversy over whether other celebs like Kate and Buzz deserved to stay, and the viewers not already locked into a certain fanbase may just not have thought to throw them any votes. That said, while Shannen certainly could have improved and deserved more time, knowing that we would have to suffer through Corky (and in thinking back on his stint with Cloris, I realized I actually hated his shenanigans more than hers) if she stayed, it is a blessing in disguise that she left.

Pam stayed in character as the uncomprehending ditzy blonde bombshell the whole time they were "in jeopardy", which was kind of endearing. I may actually have to start voting for her a bit, because she is very entertaining and I want to see what she will do in the coming weeks. I think her being in the bottom two will serve as a wake-up call to the fans. She really is one of the better dancers (unbelievably!).

The two celebs IMO who probably have no chance to improve no matter how long they stay are Kate and Buzz. They really should be the next two to go (in that order) in all fairness, although I doubt they will be. Throw Jake in that group as the next 3 to go in any order and I will be a happy camper.

The pro dancing this week (3 numbers, yay!) was some of the best they have ever had on a results show. The Beach Boys sounded awful, but it's always great to hear those songs.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3867164;
    I was surprised that Shannen and Pam were the bottom two (if they really were of course), but I think both were kind of overlooked by voters, with all the controversy over whether other celebs like Kate and Buzz deserved to stay, and the viewers not already locked into a certain fanbase may just not have thought to throw them any votes. That said, while Shannen certainly could have improved and deserved more time, knowing that we would have to suffer through Corky (and in thinking back on his stint with Cloris, I realized I actually hated his shenanigans more than hers) if she stayed, it is a blessing in disguise that she left.

Pam stayed in character as the uncomprehending ditzy blonde bombshell the whole time they were "in jeopardy", which was kind of endearing. I may actually have to start voting for her a bit, because she is very entertaining and I want to see what she will do in the coming weeks. I think her being in the bottom two will serve as a wake-up call to the fans. She really is one of the better dancers (unbelievably!).

The two celebs IMO who probably have no chance to improve no matter how long they stay are Kate and Buzz. They really should be the next two to go (in that order) in all fairness, although I doubt they will be. Throw Jake in that group as the next 3 to go in any order and I will be a happy camper.

The pro dancing this week (3 numbers, yay!) was some of the best they have ever had on a results show. The Beach Boys sounded awful, but it's always great to hear those songs.
    I'm going to the spoiler voter thread for what I think may have happened on Shannen and Pam.

As to the Beach Boys, I enjoyed the songs, but the guy who was singing - who was probably the only original left - has to probably be close to 70 now , and if he is, I'm not surprised that his voice is no longer as strong as it was.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I need to get some work done today and to try to stay off this site during business hours but I wanted to say one thing.
    Up thread there was some mention of Edyta getting bleeped as though she was swearing (a lot) in the "Len's Commandments" segment.
    There are two things I'd like to point out. Many years ago when I studied drama in one class we were discussing comedy. The professor asked us how funny it would be if we saw a "bum" (homeless person) slip and fall. Not very. Then he asked us how funny would it be if we saw a prissy society matron walking with her nose in the air, slip and fall. Everyone agreed that that scenario would be more comical. We're programmed to find things humorous that are unexpected.
    So taking that to Edyta who has a reputation as being very sweet, seeing her bleeped for "swearing" would be funnier than, say for example, Shannon.
    And I don't think she was really swearing. I don't watch the Bachelor anymore, but a few seasons back when I did there was a woman on there who was bleeped constantly. She got people talking about her potty mouth. After she was eliminated she spoke out in her defense. She was a coach at a girl's school and the showing of her constantly being bleeped for "swearing" was endangering her job. Parents were angry and it almost cost her her position. The thing she said, as she spoke out, was that she was mostly being bleeped for the effect. She didn't profess that she had never, ever sworn, but she said it had only been on a rare occasion and they proceeded to bleep her constantly to set her up as a "hard character" when she wasn't even swearing.
    I'm not crazy about swearing, myself, but I personally wouldn't condemn someone for it but there are many people who would.
    That brings up my second point. Much has been made of Edyta being the only pro who has been there every season. Now I think they are setting things up to "let her go." They have shown her in rehearsal clips as though she's unhappy to work with Aiden. She generally appears like she's enjoying this season less. If they paint the story the way they want, people who follow this show (and I'm thinking of those like my sweet MIL) will mind less that she's gone. That makes me sad as she is one of the pros who has had to struggle with less capable performers. She's a talented woman and deserves the best.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I thought the segment with Edyta being bleeped out was a joke. I don't think she swore, but they had her act like she was because it was funny. Did people really take that seriously? Edyta the potty-mouth? Nana is right, it was funny because it's pretty obviously not her!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3867422;
    I thought the segment with Edyta being bleeped out was a joke. I don't think she swore, but they had her act like she was because it was funny. Did people really take that seriously? Edyta the potty-mouth? Nana is right, it was funny because it's pretty obviously not her!
    I took it as a joke also, but up thread there were some comments about her swearing as though it was serious.
    I do think that they're paving the way to have her off next season.

+ Reply to Thread