+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/30 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/30 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just saw a promo for Jimmy Kimmel Live, and Jimmy said, "...and find out why Shannen Doherty stiffed us!"

The show just started, and they announced Bruno is going on in her place. I guess we'll find out what happened...

EDIT: Jimmy said that Shannen was the first DWTS cast-off ever to decline the invitation to appear on his show after being voted off. Hmm...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-31-2010 at 01:19 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3866516;
    Their voices are not the same anymore
    Probably because none of the original brothers - Wilsons - are there.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3866857;
    First time watching an entire season. I watched 1/2 of last season.

And I'm voting for Kate to stay until she at least earns her name "Kate" back. She deserves that, at least.

Oh, and the fact that Pammy was married to my boyfriend makes me want her and her boobs to go home.
    Welcome back, JD
    I almost didn't recognize you without KR.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3866934;
    Just saw a promo for Jimmy Kimmel Live, and Jimmy said, "...and find out why Shannen Doherty stiffed us!"

The show just started, and they announced Bruno is going on in her place. I guess we'll find out what happened...

EDIT: Jimmy said that Shannen was the first DWTS cast-off ever to decline the invitation to appear on his show after being voted off. Hmm...
    Didn't Macy Gray skip out on him, too?

He gave Macy credit because she had shown up for the show, but locked herself in the bathroom instead of going on. So technically she didn't decline the invitation like Shannen did.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3866798;
    Because Kate had a latin dance this week, she may very well get the ballroom routine next week. They've done VW and foxtrot, so what would be left of the usual suspects is quick step, tango, and AT. Unless they do the rumba next week, as they did in season 7 (paso doble/rumba in the same week).

So Kate may again get a pass in passing off a half jaded attempt in ballroom. Either way, I have a feeling the judges are going to be nicer and more upbeat next week.
    OH PLEASE Quickstep, please please please. She will get tangled in his legs and fall flat on her face, or her fanny, not too much difference. I could use another belly laugh!

It really DOES show that this show is an unpredictable pile of bullsh@t sometimes that the bottom two were two of the better dancers. And also highlights how strange the American public can be.

Pam has had a scandalous past, true, but never anything malicious or truly communicating a lack of character. And yet she's in the bottom 2 over KATE? Who puts her kids lives in a freaking reality fish bowl, frequently acts like shrieking harpy, and doesn't have any definable talent? (not that Pam is the most hugely talented individual, but I actually think she's got at least a modicum of acting talent, and she's also a decent comedienne, in some ways).

Shannen built a reputation of being difficult on the set of a show long long in the past. And has spent pretty much the rest of her career paying for that. Outside of that, I've never really heard anything bad about her.

Unless Mark's injury was the real issue here and the show has badly covered that up. Which would mean that Pam was supposed to go. How little sense does that make?

And look at some of the others. An 80 year old man. A talent-free Soap star. A stupid Bachelor. A football player who's fame is more based on being outrageous than his actual playing.

I recall saying before the season started that maybe a lot of viewers (especially the huge female base of the fandom) might just resent Pam and see her as more of a piece of fluff rather than any kind of sign of female empowerment. I never realized I'd be that right. Pam is one of the most famous people to ever be on this show, but with the least support among the people actually WATCHING the show (versus the legions of ex-Baywatch devotees who'd probably never go anywhere NEAR watching this show).
    Last edited by Krom; 03-31-2010 at 04:07 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3866934;

From her tweets tonight I think Shannen was very upset and felt it was her fault they were eliminated first. She wanted to dance for her dad and I think it took an emotional toll on her.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Completely shocked that Shannon and Pam were in the bottom 2. Granted I knew Kate wasn't going anywhere, but I loved that they made her squirm for the entire hour. And I knew Pam wasn't going home since they placed her in the bottom 2 right at the beginning of the show.

Really wanted Jake or Kate to go, but they will eventually.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Ger

This show is all based on how the people vote so I think Buzz will be around for another week or so.
    Like he said he has friends in the space program who vote for him. I think because of who he is that the folks will keep him there for a bit.
    Yes, he knows he cannot dance but remember the others that were kept on by the fans for weeks and weeks and Cloris is at the top of that list.

I was not surprised to see Shannen in the bottom 2 tonight but sure was surprised to see Pam there. I thought it would come down to Shannen or Kate.
    How the fans voted to keep Kate on is beyond me.

Loved seeing the Beach Boys and I remember Stamos as Blackie on General Hospital and loved him ever since and I would also love to see him on DWTS

The Macey dancers were super good and so where the pros in their dance.

Enjoyed the show tonight and Len was a gas in his 10 Commendment skit.
    Len is a pain the butt at times but I think he is one of the shaprest dressers I have ever seen.
    I wait each week to see what he will be wearing

+ Reply to Thread