+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/30 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/30 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3866435;
    Sorry MFWalkoff, I would have given that 9s tops but not 10s. Giving her such high scores so early could actually end up backfiring on her.
    I missed this during the show. Don't be sorry, I agree with you! In fact I said in the show thread last night that I wouldn't have given them 10s either. And you're right, if you start getting 10s right away, you have nowhere to go but down, especially when a lot of viewers have no idea who you are compared to other celebrities. I just see a big bandwagon forming against Nicole like there was against Mya last year, and I really don't think the situations are the same, or that Nicole deserves the flack so early when she's trying to be gracious, especially while old Bossie is rolling her eyes not 3 feet away from her.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3866508;
    Beach Boys and John up now.

It must feel great for Ashly to be back in the mix of things. I hope she gets another chance next season.
    Didn't Ashly have to dance with P Diddy? That was so awful and I felt so sorry for her. Wasn't she also the one who danced the Foxtrot with Tom Bergeron that season he decided he wanted to know how the celebs felt having to learn a dance and perform it live? He did pretty good.

buzz i cant believe gets to stay another week,he needed to go home first.Then pamela and damian get the bottom two wow who is america voting for.Im glad that Aiden at least get to stay another week cause he did good yesterday,it that edyta has to create better choregraphy.Evan was good so im glad he safe,then Nicole i knew would stay cause she was awesome as well.Erin has to trust Maks more and she be great.Chad was an inch close to getting to be bottom but im glad he is there.Niecy im glad as well wondering what she will dance next week,i cant believe kate is safe she cannot dance to save her life why keep her.Pamela i hope does better cause she did not do enough to keep her safe so what happened.Im sad to see Shannen go before Kate and Buzz

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3866869;
    Didn't Ashly have to dance with P Diddy? That was so awful and I felt so sorry for her.
    Ashly danced with the awful Master P, not P. Diddy.

Khate and Buzz have enough fans that I think they will survive at least one more week. So someone other than Shannen will have to go.

I wasn't surprised to see Shannen go...you know it couldn't be Khate, and couldn't be Buzz, and of the remaining bottom scoring couples she seemed to have the smallest fan base.

Was shocked that Pam was in bottom 2, but understandable thinking about it now since most fans of this show are women and she is "less than popular" with many women. Mathematically, all the other couples must have a much larger fan base than Pam to her drop this far.

Regarding PETA people voting for PAM, I never really think of PETA as more than a handful of people. If the general public starts to link a vote for Pam as a vote for PETA this will hurt Pam's votes.

Shannon outdanced Kate, Kate should have gone home first. Because I cannot stand her. And evidently, neither does the professional hired to work with her. I about when they went the "everybody quits on me" route ... ever wonder WHY?!?!? Dude, if the whole world is against you ... that may be a clue that YOU are the problem. ugh.

Buzz is the worst dancer, however he is 80 and a hero and deserves -not the win - but some props. Shannon deserved to stay. No way did Pamela deserve to be in the bottom 2.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3866869;
    Didn't Ashly have to dance with P Diddy? That was so awful and I felt so sorry for her. Wasn't she also the one who danced the Foxtrot with Tom Bergeron that season he decided he wanted to know how the celebs felt having to learn a dance and perform it live? He did pretty good.
    Ashley was the pro partner of Master P (not P Diddy)
    Ashley taught Tom Bergeron to do the Quick Step (not fox trot).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Valancy;3866809;
    I wonder if someone else was truly out tonight because I don't really buy that Shannen and Mark had the lowest scores. Even if Shannen's fan base wasn't voting in full force yet, Mark is relatively popular (Sabrina and Shawn fans often vote for him). It would be convenient to boot Shannen, since Mark is injured, especially if the person who was really out tonight (Kate?) was making more buzz in the media than Shannen.

It's pretty unbelievable that Jake is getting more votes than Pamela too, since Pamela was ahead of Jake in terms of the judges scores.

What a weird night!
    I actually said as much when they got eliminated. Between Mark being injured (and really, they couldn't have announced them as being in the bottom 2 in the beginning? They made Mark stand there with his bad knee all show). I can only imagine the reaction if it came down to Kate and Pamela and Kate won out Anyway, between his injury, and the fact that Shannen is terrified of performing live, was only doing this because of her dad, and has panic attacks in front of crowds, and wasn't the best-I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps they pulled out but the show just didn't want to say so.

I missed this during the show. Don't be sorry, I agree with you! In fact I said in the show thread last night that I wouldn't have given them 10s either. And you're right, if you start getting 10s right away, you have nowhere to go but down, especially when a lot of viewers have no idea who you are compared to other celebrities. I just see a big bandwagon forming against Nicole like there was against Mya last year, and I really don't think the situations are the same, or that Nicole deserves the flack so early when she's trying to be gracious, especially while old Bossie is rolling her eyes not 3 feet away from her.
    I guess I missed you saying that last night. Technically, Nicole is like Mya when she dances but for me, so far, I'm finding her a bit boring. I could have lived with them giving her 9s last night (at least), but I think pulling out the 10s so early spells trouble for not only them but the other couples. If they score Nicole/Derek highly, they may have to score other couples higher than they would have liked so the scoring isn't so lopsided. It's why I think it's one of the benefits of going last or near last on this show. Even though I'm not Derek's biggest fan, I actually find his routines more entertaining than Dmitry's. Dmitry had some okay work with Mya, but I felt she was more calling the shots and Nicole is more willing to sit back and listen. I do understand where she's coming from in wanting to get on Len's good side.

I wish Len had made some comment in his ten commandments about Kate's tasteless expressions on her face. I bet she would have hit the ceiling

I can't believe Tony was so happy they were safe, but maybe he figures it'll just make her look worse. I pity the tirade she'll likely unleash on him when they do get eliminated. In an AH interview, Tony actually walked away from an interview with Shaun Robinson and seemed to really take offense to her comment about him being a really tough teacher. Kate doesn't realize she's accomplishing new things this season. Now she's got Tony walking out interviews and she doesn't even seem to care. I think Kate has the potential to outlast Buzz, Aiden, maybe Niecy, and then I think she'll be gone.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-30-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Tony actually walked away from an interview with Shaun Robinson and seemed to really take offense to her comment about him being a really tough teacher.
    Wow, I hadn't heard about that. But, Tony doesn't seem tough (remember how he was with Sara Evans, Jane Seymour, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Melissa Rycroft, Leeza Gibbons, Susan Lucci?) He was especially soft on Marissa, and got defensive when she was criticized, even mildly.

Maks and Cheryl seem much tougher than Tony.

I'm disappointed about Shannon; I thought she did a good job, and would've liked to keep seeing her dance. Pam I could care less about, and wouldn't have minded seeing her gone. Desperately wanted Jake to go though. Oh well.

As disappointed as I am about Shannon, like others said: Mercifully, now I don't have to endure Corky. Small miracles and all that!

On another funny note, over on Idol, Simon Cowell (without naming the show) trashed the singers on DWTS for butchering the songs they sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3866846;
    So, the judges' scores as a percentage of the total possible points, and the popular vote as a percentage of the total votes cast -- and that's averaged out? Sorry, math is a foreign language to me.
    Not exactly. If I'm wrong someone will correct me, but the way I've always understood it (past Season 1, I believe it was) is as follows: You add all of the judges points up given to anyone for any given night. You then divide each couple's total score by that total points number. That gives you the percentage of judges' points that the couple got. You then add that percentage to the percentage of the fan vote that the couple got. When you do the math, IMO despite it being weighted 50-50, viewers' vote has more pull. The percentage differences in judges points can be relatively tiny compared to the differences in viewers votes.

+ Reply to Thread