+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 3/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I am throwing my votes to Chad. I can only hope his 800k twitter followers help me out. I also will throw some Niecy's way and Nicole's. I just don't believe the ringer thing and enjoy watching girl move.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yikes, poor Kate. You know what's sad is that this experience could really help her practice letting go and stop trying to control everything. You can tell that her perfectionism is making the situation worse; she gets upset that she can't do as well as she would like, and that belief just feeds on itself until she's totally lost.

There have been a lot of bad dancers who at least look like they're having a good time, but I think she may be too much of a control freak to even get that. It's too bad; that song could have been a ton of fun to dance to.

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched the show in awhile. Do they take combine votes and judges scores for the 1st and 2nd weeks to determine who is the first to go?

If that is the case, and Tom said that the results from last week would have been a big upset, it seems as if the this couple could still have a pretty low average when combining the 2 weeks.

I wonder who it is? Nicole would be the biggest upset, but I think she danced so well, people would vote with/for her. Pamela is the most famous of the remaining contestants. I don't know viewer demographics of the show, but I assume most are women. Pamela appeals to men more than women (generally speaking) so she might not be getting a ton of votes.

xxxx

The contrast between Pam and Kate couldn't be greater.

Pam's career success is self-made. Kate's is based on her kids.
    Pam is nice to her instructor. Kate is a brat to her instructor (frustrating the nicest one of the bunch into nearly quitting)
    Pam is enjoying the experience for the sake of the experience. Kate is a sourpuss who doesn't seem to be having any fun at all.
    Pam is embracing and applying what her instructor tells her. Kate accussed Tony of poor teaching and eye-rolled the judges several times over (as if they are in the wrong).
    It's that kind of mojo that has made Pamela successful and happy.

Funny how the much idolized "mom" is a far worse person than the former Baywatch babe.

xxx

I think Kate must be as bad as they say. I don't think the show would opt for the "to be continued" segment if things were't really bad.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-30-2010 at 03:05 AM.

FORT Fogey

I am getting as burnt out on this show as the professionals apparently are. I feel so for Edyta and Tony. They get the worst dancers, the oldest dancers, and the most difficult dancers season after season. When and if they finally get one that is a possibility a Ballas or Hough wins. I do not know who Derek knows, but it is getting old. Learning the steps to a dance is hard for a nondancer. It is extremely difficult especially when you do not know the dance terms. Aiden, Kate, Jake, etc need some scoring for remembering the moves. Having rhythm is also either there or not. You cannot teach it. If they are going to have this type of show, than they have to realize that not all of them are going to be as good as professional performers/dancers like Nicole.

I want Nicole gone period. It is unfair how much experience she has with musicality, routine learning, and dancing. To compare her with an 80 year old man with none, and a people with none is just stupid.

I'm glad to see that folks got to see how nasty Jake can be - his comment to Chelsie was uncalled for - and didn't she end up taking the move out of the dance - I dont' remember seeing it.

The scoring overall was all over the map - with some of them scoring lower than last week when the dance was better.

Can we have a thread that lists all the scores from week to week?
    Last edited by anders332; 03-30-2010 at 08:00 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I agree with everything everyone is saying about kate, and about Nicole being the ringer.

The thing that bugged me was Evan's scores....I thought his jive was great! He got all my votes.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Where to begin!?!?!?

Khate was awful! I was folding clothes and didn't stop to focus on her dance like I did with the others. It as painful to watch.
    The band didn't do the Taylor Swift song any justice...I put it on mute. I know some don't like Taylor but I do and whoever sang that...ick.
    Brooke is worse than Samatha!! didn't think that was possible! She was better last week.
    Of course Nicole's dance was great...she's a ringer...what do you expect?!!?
    Evan is a ringer but not like Nicole or Mya was. He did much better this week.
    I liked Cheryl and Chad. They have something going on there between them.
    My fav of the night was Erin and Maks!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

nutty ... Evan's jive was great. And he had the added difficulty of being a tall, lanky man. The judges commented on it. The jive is easier for smaller, more compact bodies. Evan was a joy to watch.

anders ... Jake was a controlling mess. Shades of kicking over the lantern and storming out on the Bach. I think he has a hair trigger on his temper and I feel for Chelsie.

MHcarrollton ... I wanted to cry for Edyta. She just looked defeated. And Tony deserves an all expenses paid vacation on the island of his choice after putting up with Kate.

I feel badly for Tony. Who decided he should get Kate?? I don't like her even more than I did before last night.

The editing is interesting. All the bickering - espcially with Jake and Kate?? Cheryl and Chad were cute with the flirty stuff, and she was trying to get him to be serious. Even Maks and Erin have a respect for each other - I dont' get that vibe with Kate or Jake towards their respective partners.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I'm not liking this season very much. I think last night is the last time I watch it live so I can fast forward through the judges comments and some of the dancers I can't stand.

Aiden - made Edyta cry, unacceptable. I want him gone ASAP. I think Edyta has reached the end of her tolerance for this show, season after season she's pretty much given crap while others every single time get ringers. I wouldn't be surprised if she calls it quits after this and she will be missed. I just adore her, she's seems to be a genuinely kind and happy person.

Jake - was very rude to Chelsie who like Edyta is one of the nicest pros around. Again, unacceptable and now I want him gone ASAP as well.

Kate - made Tony act rude and quit? Completely unacceptable...can we have all three of them gone at once?

Gah, just typing that made me mad all over again. What is up with these celebs and how incredibly rude they are being? The show has been on how many seasons? They can't even pretend that they didn't know what they were getting into when they agreed to do the show. Who doesn't know that the judges are incredibly rude and the routines difficult to learn in a short amount of time? If you can't handle that, then don't sign up. If you do sign up, then give it your best and keep on smiling...the judges and fans will go kinder on you if you do.

I want to hate Nicole because she's a ringer who is partnered with my least favorite pro, but I can't. She makes it too hard to hate her because she's so likable and funny. Her routine definitely didn't deserve 10's and I'm sure she would have been the one who went home, hence the propping up with the scoring.

I'm really liking Erin, I like seeing somebody taking a whack at Maks ego which is why I loved him so much with MelB! I hope they stick around a long time so I can see more of it and they have amazing chemistry and she has great potential.

Niecy has been a revelation, I had no idea who she was before the show and now she is fast becoming my favorite. I'm also really liking seeing this side of Pam and Shannen. I'm enjoying the females way more than the males this time around.

+ Reply to Thread