+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 3/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3865847;
    One thing I am grateful for on tonight's show: We only had to see Vienna for about 2 seconds!
    Kiptyn was sitting next to her.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3865846;
    Well, even though Kate said she and Tony aren't quitters-in their rehearsal package, Kate questioned Tony's teaching methods, he got offended, said he quit, stormed out, leaving Kate there in tears and shock saying she doesn't get it. He came back after a dramatic 'to be continued' came on the screen, and they acted like friends. Maybe Tony believes the viewers will do him a favor and vote him off. Maks and Erin have great chemistry. Erin yells at Maks and he's not sure he likes having to be the calm one in the duo. Then she joked she was trying to hold onto his bicep but couldn't find it. Louis-nothing memorable there except a good performance.
    TY! I was asking about performances, but really did want to know about the other stuff, so thanks for reading my mind.

I'm suspecting that all of the drama is staged (scripted). I just don't see Tony storming out (even being assigned to Kate). But I will have to youtube that just cause.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3865849;
    Kiptyn was sitting next to her.
    only reason I watched Jake and Chelsea's dance! Don't care for Jake's dancing and Kate was painful to say the least to watch!

"A lot of people quit on me in my life."

I'm glad Tony manned up and didn't quit on Kate. You can see the wounds caused by her adulterous, disloyal husband haven't healed yet. I wish her peace.

Kate has gorgeous legs; I wish mine looked that good! Dress was cute; red looks good on her. Hair was lovely, too.

People say Kate is the problem but Meredith Brooks had a great line in one of her songs.

"Take me as I am... This may mean you'll have to be a stronger man."

Man up, Tony!

P.S. Brooke lacks taste. I haven't see that much c-age since I was a baby.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3865850;
    TY! I was asking about performances, but really did want to know about the other stuff, so thanks for reading my mind.

I'm suspecting that all of the drama is staged (scripted). I just don't see Tony storming out (even being assigned to Kate). But I will have to youtube that just cause.
    Maks/Erin were phenominal. Niecy/Louis were just as lovely. Both ladies are a natural. They have great chemistry with their partners, are trying so hard, and enjoying themselves.

Kate? I think a walrus would have looked better. The shopping cart would have had more rhythm. I'll say it, there have been a lot of bad dancers on this show. But Kate surpassed them all with that lone dance. It was horrible. Trainwreck. Disaster. She forgot parts of the routine. She had an extremely cringed look on her face. She looked like she borrowed Buzz's moon boots. She did more walking than dancing.

If that was staged, Tony deserves an Academy Award. He's a great actor. But I don't think it was.

Um, Since Khate brought it up, Jon didn't quit on her, she quit on him with Stevie who we didn't see in the audience. I would NOT want to be him tonight. Can you imagine how Khate will be?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Kate's dance was the worst dance I have ever seen on this show - ever!! Including Chloris Leachman being wheelbarreled and Marie Osmond a crazy doll! It was as if they pulled someone off the street - a hooker - and told her to try and do what Tony was doing! We laughed so hard that we were crying! We even hit rewind to watch it again, it was so funny! <- he's better than she was! They could have put a monkey in a red dress and it would have done better!

Now, I hope she stays because you just can't see that level of suckiness every day!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3865855;
    only reason I watched Jake and Chelsea's dance! Don't care for Jake's dancing and Kate was painful to say the least to watch!
    All he does is just sit there and smile, and he's just such a positive influence! ... sigh ...

Yeah, Jake was clumsy. I really expected better because I thought he would have an easier time because of his athleticism. But, the little wooden boy needs to work on his moves. Also, is he shrinking? Every time I see him he looks smaller. Maybe his jacket was too big tonight.

Kate was an embarrassment to watch. I'll be sad if somebody like Aiden leaves instead of her this week.

FORT Fogey

The emphasis on the drama and friction during rehearsals which we watched throughout the evening is called editing. This is season 10. Do we honestly think that just because we haven't seen it before tonight, they haven't had similar explosions with many of the other couples in other seasons? They were telling us a very specific story tonight, a mini-drama, if you will start to finish during the episode.

A couple of interesting points: There were no tension/difficulty problems shown between the top two that the producers/judges are pushing : Evan/Anna and Nicole/Derek. Also, it is not conducisive to show real difficulties with Buzz since he is our American legend.

On the other hand, the producers are aware of the negative media on Kate's disposition, so for the first time we saw one rehearsal full of contention after another building up until we hit the climax in the finale of contentious rehearsals between the generally patient Tony and the questioned everything he said Kate.
    Tonight was spotlight on Kate.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I'm not a fan of Kate, but I don't hate her either. I've seen her former show only a handful of times, so I don't have a huge bias for or against her going into this. So my take on the brouhaha with Tony was probably a little different than most people seem to have taken it.

People really do learn in different ways. Any kind of teacher worth their salt understands that each person has their own learning style (ex. I prefer straight out lecture/instruction in some areas, but visual examples are better for me in other things). Continuing to stick to one style when your student isn't getting it is a waste of their time and your time. The idea of what Kate was saying wasn't the problem, IMO. It was the way she worded it and how she approached the problem that made a mess of everything. All she had to do was something like thank him for the hard work and effort, and then say she really wants to do well, but generally in life she learns better if it's explained to her in X, Y, Z fashion. If she'd gone that route, Tony probably wouldn't have gotten so fed up. Although he has been snappish to past partners before as well.

I don't begrudge any pro a few crabby moments though; they have a lot of pressure on them because dancing is their livelihood, as opposed to the celebs. Doesn't give them an excuse to be rude, but I can understand the occasional "fed up" moment.

+ Reply to Thread