+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 3/22 Season 10 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/22 Season 10 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3860815;
    I loved seeing Tim Allen in the audience too - he's one of my favorites! He was there for Buzz. The character "Buzz Lightyear" was named after Buzz Aldrin, so I imagine they had a lot of interaction when Toy Story was first filmed and released. I've seen Buzz Aldrin in various venues; he's fantastic, and I really admire him! I also noticed how pretty Pam was without makeup and remembered when she was so cute as Lisa, the first Tool Time girl on Home Improvement. That was before she became "THE Pamela Anderson"!
    Exactly!! They have worked together and done promotional things for Toy Story together! That is why we loved it at our house! DH and I right away got the connection. Toy Story 1 & 2 are being re-released on DVD/Blu-Ray today in anticipation of Toy Story 3 that will be out in theaters on June 18. In the commercial break immediately following Buzz's dance and them showing Tim who was with Buzz's family - there was a Toy Story commercial. I don't think that was a coincidence!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3860747;
    I thought Brooke did a pretty good job...a great improvement on Samantha.

Loved Chad and thought he was underscored as well.

Ashley (sp?) has lost weight and now I think she looks a bit like Melissa Rycroft.

I know that Erin Andrews had long legs, but I can't get over the wing span on that girl! Like her, but at times she looked a little Olive Oil-ish to me.

Aiden seemed fun, hopefully he will improve. What was with all his shirts with the hearts...is he promoting something?

I like Chad the best for the guys and I'm hoping that Niecy continues to improve each week!

Jake was fine until he went into full throttle cheese mode... "proposing to Vienna was the honor of my life".

The rehearsal footage with Tony and Kate made me so sad for Tony! I don't know what slogan I would rather go with, "Eliminate Kate" or "Free Tony." If only Jon hadn't gone so berserk, then maybe we would have been spared this!

Of course, Derek and Nicole did well. I don't mind Derek, well, actually, I like him.

Don't like Shannen...now she is one that needs the spray tan!

Of course, Niecy and all her "jiggly parts" were entertaining!

Buzz, you are a great man, but dancer you are not. I was also very scared looking at his wife. Why can't women just age gracefully...it looks so much better!

I just shake my head at Pam. Have some respect for yourself! Also, how tall is her partner. He looked quite a bit smaller than Tom and Tom isn't that tall.

Evan did well. He needs to ramp up his personality so he gets some votes.
    Neicy was a hoot to watch! She was singing and acting while she danced. I thoroughly enjoyed her. I too would probably cry for joy when it was over and I had remembered all of my routine.

Pam was being Pam. That is her schtick and what she is known for doing. She did it well last night with what is supposed to be a sexy dance and what turned out to be a sexy new guy. Hey! It was entertaining, and that is why we watch this show.

If Chad can get his groove going, he is going to be a force to reckon with; he has the body - he just needs to learn how to move it in this way as opposed to how to move it on the field.

Erin has those long legs and is really quite pretty, but she did not have much hip action which was not noted. This is going to come into play in later dances and is going to have to be developed.

Nicole seemed like such a shoo-in that it made me feel quite discouraged. She danced on the very first number like many dance toward the end of the season.

Aiden sounds like Simon Cowl to me! He is nice to look at, but I am not sure that he can loosen up enough to pull it off for several weeks.

Jake danced better than many anticipated but not smoothly nor precisely. There is much room for improvement, but he has a good attitude.

Evan was good, but not as good as was anticipated. I think he tried to tell everybody in advance, but we just didn't listen!

Bless his heart, Buzz one of our American icons, just walked that Cha-Cha-Cha. Loved his outlook and personality though.

Kate was nowhere near as dreadful as people thought she would be; however, they left that comment by the always thoughtful and gentlemanly Tony in the editing for a reason in their preview clip.

I emoted with Shannen concerning her father and freezing before millions of people; however, Shannen's arms were heavy and they did appear to be slicing through the air. They need to lighten up with her on the editing in order to give her the best chance she can have imo.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Hi! I wish I could post during the show like all of you guys...unfortunately, the rule in my house after the kids goes to sleep is if I get the t.v. hubby gets the laptop (we only have one computer) and vice versa. Oh well. I'll have to save my comments for the next day while I'm taking a break at work. Hubby did glance up from Poker Stars long enough to look at Brooke and say "when did she get implants?!" He thought she was Samantha! He doesn't pay that much attention to DWTS. LOL

I was impressed with everybody, except Kate. I went into this season thinking, uh-oh, what has ABC done, but most of the celebs did much better than I expected. I like so many! However, I only threw votes to my favorites, Shannen, Erin, and Chad. I love Maks and especially Cheryl, so it helped that they had partners I also liked. With Shannen, I'm not fond of Mark at all, but she is my absolute favorite celeb, I LOVE her, so I will give her votes every week.

The others...I liked Buzz and Niecy, but not enough to help keep them in the competition. Same for Aiden, no matter how much I love Edyta. I really liked Nicole, even though I was trying to make myself hate her, but I just can't vote for anyone associated with Derek. I loath arrogance, and it spews out of every pore in his body. Same goes for Kate/Tony only in reverse. I love Tony, but refuse to help that woman in any way. As for Pam/Damian, if my faves are voted out before them, I will give them those votes. Pam doesn't irritate me but I don't love her either, but Damian..wow! I was ready to hate him because he got Jonathan and Alec the ax, but I loved him. He's yummy! Anna and Evan...I like Anna (not love, like) but Evan rubs me the wrong way. I get the sense that he's rather arrogant as well, he just doesn't show it the way Derek does. So i couldn't vote for them either.

I think that's everyone. Looking forward to next week! I'm used to a DWTS fix twice in one week when it's airing, it's going to be hard to wait until Monday!

**Edit~ That wasn't everyone! I forgot Jake! I don't know him from the Bachelor, so he doesn't have that working against him with me. But he was too cheesy, and I get the silent arrogance thing from him too. I love Chelsie, she seems like a doll, but I couldn't vote for Jake.
    Last edited by RyMac; 03-23-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: forgot Jake!

If those number are any indication of how the viewers are going to vote, than the dancers shouldn't even bother dancing this season.

"Let's give the votes to our favorite reality mom so her kids will eat, and to the astronaut because it's the patriotic thing to do!"

The fun is quickly draining out of this show, and it's becoming a sympathy telethon. When the dancing no longer becomes the main factor in deciding who wins, it's time to re-evaluate audience voting.

It's ironic though, how Shannen brought her stroke-ridden dad to the show and still couldn't scare up the votes. I wonder if half the younger audience even watched the original 90210. And she wasn't such a b***h during Charmed...

Doesn't anyone just want to have fun watching the dancing anymore?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3860977;
    If those number are any indication of how the viewers are going to vote, than the dancers shouldn't even bother dancing this season.

"Let's give the votes to our favorite reality mom so her kids will eat, and to the astronaut because it's the patriotic thing to do!"

The fun is quickly draining out of this show, and it's becoming a sympathy telethon. When the dancing no longer becomes the main factor in deciding who wins, it's time to re-evaluate audience voting.

It's ironic though, how Shannen brought her stroke-ridden dad to the show and still couldn't scare up the votes. I wonder if half the younger audience even watched the original 90210. And she wasn't such a b***h during Charmed...

Doesn't anyone just want to have fun watching the dancing anymore?
    I loved watching Niecy sing and act while she danced. I was laughing through her performance. Then she capped it off by emotionally crying in relief because she didn't forget her routine. Her whole performance start to finish was wonderfully fun and entertaining.
    I didn't know her before last night, but I am looking forward to more "fun" routines from her!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3861037;
    I loved watching Niecy sing and act while she danced. I was laughing through her performance. Then she capped it off by emotionally crying in relief because she didn't forget her routine. Her whole performance start to finish was wonderfully fun and entertaining.
    I didn't know her before last night, but I am looking forward to more "fun" routines from her!
    There you go -- that's the kind of "star" that should be on this show. Reality stars bring the wrong kind of baggage with them for the proceedings to remain light, and fun. Overwrought fans look at Kate, and worry that if they don't vote for her, her children will starve! Please. That's the quickest way to ruin a good time.

They need to cast more celebrities who know how to handle themselves in public, and that are good sports, having a sincere commitment to the show without taking it (or themselves) too seriously. Not too many reality TV show characters fit this description.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;3860925;
    However, I only threw votes to my favorites, Shannen, Erin, and Chad. I love Maks and especially Cheryl, so it helped that they had partners I also liked. With Shannen, I'm not fond of Mark at all, but she is my absolute favorite celeb, I LOVE her, so I will give her votes every week.
    Just curious about Shannen... has it been her acting that you really enjoy? Because she has a reputation of not being very nice.. although if you enjoy watching someone perform, none of that really matters!

FORT Regular

I thought that they all did pretty well for the first week. With all the comments about Kate, I was expecting the worst and she actually did better than I expected. I thought that Nicole was the best last night, but the others weren't far behind.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I missed Kim last night! Bummer that she isn't on this season!

It was a pretty enjoyable show and I was impressed with several of them.

Love-love-love Niecy Nash! She is just fun!

I thought the first guy, with Cheryl was better than the judges scored him.

Brooke is a HUGE improvement over Samantha!

Pam Anderson seemed drunk or on something. I love the work she has done for animal rights, but she seemed very out-of-it last night. That is worrisome.

Kate, who had so much hoopla going in to this, seemed unhappy and unenthusiastic. She definitely didn't seem like she wanted to be there and does not have the personality to handle this. She can't take criticism and the judges dish out plenty of that! I guess she has a very strong fan-base, but they may keep her in and miserable for a long time.

That soap opera guy certainly got knocked down a few pegs. That was kind of funny. He seemed to have a pretty big ego coming in.

Just like Mya last season, I don't like the pussycat doll girl being there. It seems like a very big advantage to have that much experience. But, the judges will love her and score her high each week.

Buzz Aldren. He's a hero, but come on! It was like "Weekend at Bernie's" or something. What is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3861594;
    Just curious about Shannen... has it been her acting that you really enjoy? Because she has a reputation of not being very nice.. although if you enjoy watching someone perform, none of that really matters!
    Yeah, it is her acting. I'm a huge, huge Charmed fan and I loved her on that show. I've also seen some made for t.v. movies she was in, and loved her in those as well. She's one of my favorite actresses. I know she is said to be nasty and kind of a diva, but I figure I don't know her personally so I can't begin to judge her on that. I'm a fan of her craft, and I enjoy seeing this more vulnerable side of her that she showed Monday night.

+ Reply to Thread