+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 3/22 Season 10 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 3/22 Season 10 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Pamela Lee is the most downloaded woman on the internet probably due to the video with Tommy Lee.
    LOL Unkle. You are probably right--I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of her acting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    Pam: I really don't see what people see in her. She seems to strive to look as stripper-trashy as she can. Her dancing was OK. The only thing missing was a pole.
    Pam has become a caricature of herself. But it's not like she was a serious actress contender. I like people who don't take themselves seriously and just roll with the opportunities they are given. It's not like she complains about it either. So for that reason alone, I like her. She isn't a pretender. The dance wasn't that bad either and I do think she will get better if she is on the show for a couple more weeks.

Chad was good, again I see some real potential in him. Didn't realize how hot he is. Yowza!

Shannon--what was up with her boobs? Maybe she needs a replacement set. Her dancing wasn't bad, and I can see some great dances in the future when she gains more confidence. It was sweet how emotional she got talking about her father.

Buzz--While it is great to have someone his age and so accomplished in life, I don't see him lasting that long. Nice to see Ashley again, but why would she agree to make her 'comeback' with someone who isn't going to last very long?

Erin was ok. I really do wish Maks was paired with Kate instead. That would have been fireworks!!

As much as I like Chelsie, get Jake off my TV!!! Soon!

Evan, Nicole, Niecy and that soap dude? meh.

Damian is very pretty.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3860569;
    A little tibit about Nicole....she is from Louisville, where I'm from, and went to YPAS High School...it is a Youth Performing Art School that is extremely difficult to get into. You have to have tons of experience and talent to get admitted into that school. She is definitely a ringer.
    Here we go! Nicole admitted to a little bit of chest bumping and bootie something, but I took one look at that dance and knew there had been much more than that.
    Granted, she has not had ballroom, but that beautiful lady with the gorgeous lines has had dance training that included the fundamentals. What she was able to do tonight, I don't think could be done with just 3 weeks of training.

Also, Erin stated in one of the interviews that she had been on her dance team in college, so the judges were a bit mistaken with their remarks to her about no experience as well.

At least with basic dance training, you get the fundamentals of posture, pointed toes, fluid arms, pretty hands, etc. It generally shows through when a contestant has had a little dance training even though people can't quite put their finger on what it is about the person.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Chad was unexpected. Not a football fan so I didn't know anything about him but I really enjoyed what I saw.
    Shannon was also a surprise. He dancing wasn't gorgeous - I think the choreography was partly to blame - but her vulnerability was endearing. And I'm a sap for anyone doing this for a loved one. (Unless it's for 8 kids...)
    Niecy was fun.
    Jake not as bad as I expected and I really enjoy Chelsie.
    What a surprise that Derek has another ringer...Could be a mirrorball in their future, darn it.
    Loved the chemestry between Maks and Erin. I thought they did great.
    Evan and Anna were fabulous in my eyes. Anna cracks me up!
    Buzz...I actually hoped he'd dance a little better. I know he's 80 (and I threw a lot of votes his way as a sentimental favorite) but he'll have to do better to stay around. And I hope he does. Didn't Ashly look GORGEOUS? Motherhood obviously agrees with her!
    Aiden was a disappointment but I didn't think he was bad as the judges seemed to think he was. Edyta, I hope you get to stick around.
    Kate (or Khate) was a bad as I thought she'd be. I'm with all those who say, "don't include me in your dedication to all the moms." Eeeuuuuuwww. And please put Tony out of his misery, people, and get her off the show.
    Pamela: I have to admit as a staid middle aged woman, I thought she was a hoot. They usually ask for the dances to be sexy and she certainly delivered. She did seem a little tipsy, though. Her partner stands to give Maks a run for the money on looks and charm.
    Tom was his usual perfection as host. Brooke, bless her heart. She was better than Samantha by a country mile but seemed nervous and inexperienced with the mike. Other than that, good job for the first night.
    My votes went to Evan, Erin and Euzz.

Loved Chad and Cheryl, Evan and Anna, and Buzz and Ashley (gotta love him regardless of his dance ability).

I think Tim Allen (Buzz from Toystory) was there to support Pamela Anderson. She was on the early seasons, or maybe just the first season of his 'Tooltime' show. Can't recall the name of it right now.

FORT Fan

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by Brooke. Although a bit nervous sounding and rushed (opening night jitters/bugs?) she was miles better than Samantha was on her best night. And I also think Brooke showed WAY more personality than she did the entire season she danced.

Hoping all others that wish to exterminate Kate vote in force for Aiden AND and Buzz - the two below her in scores. However, you know how ABC loves controversy (ratings). Expect to see even higher scores for Kate and that icky Jake if the popular vote shows them behind next week.

Niecy was hysterical! Didn't think I'd like her as much as I did. And I really like Damian. I think if he had a better partner he could give Derek a run for his money. Pamela wasn't so bad, and I liked the fact that she doesn't take herself so seriously, but honestly, if Damian had Nicole they'd be the ones in 1st place. I like his personality and think he has a lot of potential. Does Derek have some scoop on someone at ABC????? Why does he keep getting paired up with these ringers?

I hope Maks and Erin go far. Poor Aiden was underscored.
    Last edited by LuvThisStuf!; 03-22-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3860704;
    Loved Chad and Cheryl, Evan and Anna, and Buzz and Ashley (gotta love him regardless of his dance ability).

I think Tim Allen (Buzz from Toystory) was there to support Pamela Anderson. She was on the early seasons, or maybe just the first season of his 'Tooltime' show. Can't recall the name of it right now.
    Home Improvement.

I missed him...sad. I love Tim Allen.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3860711;
    Home Improvement.

I missed him...sad. I love Tim Allen.
    Of course! Why couldn't I remember that? I think a lot of people forget that Pamela Anderson actually got her start on Home Improvement. That was pre-Baywatch and pre-enhancement though, lol. I thought she did alright tonight. I was expecting worse from her, so I was happily surprised.

eta: he was sitting with Buzz Aldrin's family and they showed him right at the end of their dance, but before the judges' comments.
    Last edited by MsDll; 03-23-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I would love to see Tim Allen do this show. I don't think he's doing much anymore.

I'm really worried for Aiden and thankful he has another week to prove himself. I know Len hates props and gimmicks, but I'm still not over last season when Derek came swinging down onstage and nothing was said by the master judge. I hate they seem to harp on Edyta's lack of outfits. It's her trademark for pete's sake! I thought they dogged him worse than anyone and really, he wasn't that much worse than the 18 scorers, so I feel like in that regard he got screwed. I gave votes to Erin/Maks but threw the rest to these two. I know a lot of people are being to think Edyta needs to hang up her dancing shoes and is a boring choreographer who kills her partners chances, but I think she's great. Long may she grace the DWTS ballroom. And I don't think it's fair to pin a celeb's failure on the pro.

Derek and his ringer can't go fast enough for me. I feel like they're going to build this angle up around them where some of the other couples bypass them in scores and Nicole downplays her dancing experience, and then in the end when they win it'll seem less predictable and like they really worked their butt off like Buzz or Erin to get there. Why does Derek always luck out? He himself has enough of a fanbase, why give him the celeb with the most potential. While a lovely couple, something about Nicole just bugs. In terms of other most likely finals bound couples, go Evan/Anna! Not a certified ringer, but she looks thrilled and I think Evan was better than the judges gave him credit for. I hope doing the Stars on Ice tour doesn't wear him out (which reminds me, I read that the only night that won't interfere with DWTS is Monday-so that means he won't be there on Tuesdays? )

Shannen didn much better than I thought and I can totally relate to her on the panic attack issue. Plus, I lost my own father 3 years ago, so I can relate to that moment she shared with him tonight as being something really special. However, I just feel like Mark doesn't always take the time and attention to partners like Shannen, because I see shades of Melissa there. So I feel like sooner rather than later there might be an issue where he gets frustrated. I'll also be curious to see her do the jive next week.

Buzz, bless his heart. I'm excited to see Ashly back and while I won't be surprised to see him go first, I do think he might actually last to the second or third elimination. People may just want to give him a chance. I hope I can dance when I'm 80, even though my dancing looks worse now at 26 than he does at 80

Something about Chad/Cheryl seemed...I don't know, off. Maybe it was first out nerves. At times he looked like he was going to give the best first performance ever and others he froze up. I don't know, but I don't think Cheryl will go out without a fight. I predict he'll end up being one of the big surprises this season that winds up doing much better and improving better then expected. I'm not a huge fan of Cheryl, so maybe it was just me. In terms of surprises, Erin was hot, and I'm so excited to see Maks happy and with someone that's going to give him a good shot at the trophy. Erin's already a little more there than other couples with potential. She's got it. Sadly, if there was a shocking elimination this season, I think it might be those two But they, too, had some of the best one liners this episode

I like the new guy Damian, but why doesn't Len have an issue with the gimmick of opening up ones shirt like Pamela did to him but has an issue with Edyta taking off a cute white coat? The sex appeal will get old real fast. I don't know what Bruno got in tonight, but he seemed ever more loopy than Paula used to. That 8 may come back to haunt them. My mom and I chatted after the show and she thought Pamela seemed drunk. Pamela was better than expected, too, but not an 8.

As for Kate, she looked miserable, Tony looked miserable, I think they'll probably last a few rounds for the curiousity factor, to boost her spirits and ego, for the VFTW and the fact she does have fans. But neither looked like they were enjoying themselves, she doesn't seem to take criticism well, and unless sticking around past the first boot does raise her and Tony's spirits, I don't know. There is a teeny bit more media coverage asking why all the hate on Kate. Tonight's rehearsal footage didn't really even paint her in a pleasant light. I didn't miss any of the missing pros tonight, except Kym.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-23-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Is it too soon to ask this question.........Wouldn't it be fun if Niecy co-hosted?

+ Reply to Thread