+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3894744;
    I have to agree with Norealityhere. The show is mainly about the celebs, pros and Tom. It's not bad for him to have a foil, but someone with too much pizazz might take away the focus and make it more about them and perhaps, Tom.
    I don't love Brooke, but if she can quit interjecting comments about her experience on the show, I think she'll be fine and much better than Samantha.
    Honestly that was my original opinion on the matter, but I'm finding Brooke to be so dull that it is more distracting than someone with a lively wit.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3894774;
    Honestly that was my original opinion on the matter, but I'm finding Brooke to be so dull that it is more distracting than someone with a lively wit.
    Too funny.
    I found her dancing on the show to be that way, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3894774;

Still say they should've hired Maria Menounos.

Why does Brooke need cue cards to ask questions - aren't they fed into her ear, or has a teleprompter?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I like Brooke still. It doesn't bother me when she tells them she understands because I think she's trying to be empathetic to them, rather than a show-off. I actually listen to her which is an improvement over Samantha. It had gotten where I would fast forward through all but my very favorites when Samantha was talking to them. I've been listening to all Brooke's interviews. I still prefer Drew as his wit complemented Tom's but Brooke is doing a pretty good job IMO. I'm glad it's not Melissa, and I actually like her, just didn't want her to be a host.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3895647;
    I like Brooke still. It doesn't bother me when she tells them she understands because I think she's trying to be empathetic to them, rather than a show-off. I actually listen to her which is an improvement over Samantha. It had gotten where I would fast forward through all but my very favorites when Samantha was talking to them. I've been listening to all Brooke's interviews. I still prefer Drew as his wit complemented Tom's but Brooke is doing a pretty good job IMO. I'm glad it's not Melissa, and I actually like her, just didn't want her to be a host.
    I agree that Drew would've been my first choice. Liking Melissa as I do, I wouldn't want to spend the whole season with her being bashed, not to mention that I still think I prefer someone a little more low key for co-host.
    I guess many of us take Brooke's comments as little more "remember me? I was on and I know what you're going through and I was a winner..." instead of seeing the empathy.
    Even with that l prefer her to Samantha who was wildly rude and inappropriate at times.

FORT Fogey

I like Brooke okay, but she is just sort of there. I really like Melissa but I understand that she might have been too perky for some tastes.

I really don't like Brooke, maybe she will get better but she is so off on timing, and her questions are a bit silly

I don't think it's possible to excel in this role. I like Brooke much better than Samantha, and I dread visions of Melissa (the other final candidate) having to think on her feet. I am OK with Brooke staying. I think the role does fill a void in the timing of a live show. If the show were not LIVE, the role would be unnecessary.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3895562;
    Still say they should've hired Maria Menounos.

Why does Brooke need cue cards to ask questions - aren't they fed into her ear, or has a teleprompter?
    I'd love Maria to be a contestant. I'm still hoping Nancy gets a shot to come back.

Brooke had said at one point she has to wing all her interactions with the celebs when she's not onstage. I guess I've been so disinterested in her that I haven't even noticed she was ready cue cards. If Samantha never had a teleprompter or cue cards backstage, I have to give her more credit than I thought. Brooke's making her look good My issue with Brooke is much like I thought of her when she was dancing: she's got no personality. If they don't want someone outdoing Tom, which is hard to do anyway, they got the right person. Interviewing with or without help doesn't come naturally to her, at least not live. It just seems long, drawn out, and like she doesn't know what to say. We get that she's done this. We get if there are romances going on no one is going to spill. She needs new material. There's awkward pauses, moments where she tries to make a funny and no one knows how to react (the cheesecake comment to Evan/Anna, where they just stared, not sure what to do). I think they'd be perfectly fine without a co-host. Or get one of the former pros not on that season. At least I wouldn't get bored with them saying they've been through it.

+ Reply to Thread