+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

Hated Samantha....with a passion
    Wanted Melissa
    Got Brooke

I think Brooke is doing a fine job. I bet Melissa would have been better BUT I'm just so happy Samantha is gone that I'm not going to complain one bit.

FORT Fanatic

At this point I would rather have Samantha back. Brooke is not doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3866092;
    Seems to me people were down on her in Week 1.

But she actually improved this week over Week 1, so I don't see the issue.
    I don't see the issue either. She's not stuttering and stumbling, she doesn't have that deer in the headlights look, and her one silly joke not being responded to I tend to think was the fault of Evan and Anna not paying attention rather than Brooke's delivery.

It's not necessary that everyone be as excellent as Tom, and really, how many people can be. I think that it's only fair to give her a little time to grow into a position that, honestly, has been the target of much abuse over the years.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular

I'm trying to watch it on delay so I can fast forward through all the chat sessions. I liked Brooke as a dancer but as a cohost, not so much. I hope she improves soon so I can watch it in real time. I may also be in the minority but I liked Samantha and also would have liked to see Melissa be given a chance at the show too. Maybe she and Brooke could have shared the job and then we could have decided on who we liked. lol

She's getting better, but her dresses aren't.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3865984;
    What was up with that cheesecake comment? She made it, had the mic in Evan's face, and then it's like you could hear the crickets started chirping in the background. Brooke needs to stick to the teleprompter and remember her role. Let Tom handle the jokes. I don't miss Samantha, but wouldn't be surprised if Brooke turned out to be a 1 host wonder. And the wardrobe department needs to re-vamp what they're dressing her in. That dress was horrible.
    I think the cheesecake comment ... that he could eat as much cheesecake as he wanted to there (paraphrased from memory) ... meant that because they work out so hard, eating mass quantities of cheesecake would not put the weight on. At least that's how I took it.

The dress was gorgeous, she's gorgeous, but that dress was just not right for her. It made her bustline look very strange ... sorta pushed the girls down in an unflattering way.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3866309;
    She's getting better, but her dresses aren't.
    It's likely the exact same wardrobe people who dressed Samantha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3866347;
    The dress was gorgeous, she's gorgeous, but that dress was just not right for her. It made her bustline look very strange ... sorta pushed the girls down in an unflattering way.
    I know. Think about how spectacularly bad a wardrobe department has to be to make a woman who looks like Brooke Burke look bad.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I am enjoying Brooke. I especially liked the part where they showed a clip about her "introduction" to hosting. She explained how she would do the interviews in the celebraquarium, or whatever it is, with producers telling her in her earpiece to "throw it back to Tom" or "wrap it up." She seems smart, funny, and humble. I think she's doing a great job!

The only advice I would give and BTW, no one has called me to ask my opinion lol, is that the interview hosts, Samantha and now Brooke, should show more genuine interest in the couple instead of asking pre-thought of questions that they have already asked them. I couldn't believe she asked Evan almost the exact question about how is this different than skating and the having a partner thing and he gave the almost exact answer. All so canned. Being truly interested in other people is a rare quality and talent. Being excited to talk to someone instead of thinking about how you look doing it would be refreshing. They need to stop yelling in her ear to wind it up only to have the hostess talk another 20-30 seconds tossing it to Tom, why not let the other person finish their sentence instead? It would be so much less annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3867042;
    They need to stop yelling in her ear to wind it up only to have the hostess talk another 20-30 seconds tossing it to Tom, why not let the other person finish their sentence instead? It would be so much less annoying!
    Brooke will get used to the unnatural constraints on a conversation, but those constraints do need to be in place, and she does need a few seconds (nowhere near 30) to hand the reins back to Tom.
    Last edited by Rattus; 03-31-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread