+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Brooke Burke-Charvet - Co-host

Re: Brooke Burke - Co-host

I guess she knew when Apolo & Karina did their waltz. That must have been tough to watch

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I was so shocked to hear of Brooke's illness. It hit very close to home for me since I have an enlarged thyroid with goiters on it etc. I've been through the whole battery of tests, biopsies etc., for the past four years, but thankfully no cancer. Since I've opted not to have the surgery, my EMT monitors it every six months to make sure nothing has changed.

I can relate to what she said about having the needles stuck in her neck...I went through the same thing, having them syringing "stuff" out of my neck to test. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant experience at all.

I wish Brooke all the very best and a speedy recovery.
    jucamer and Debb70 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I was so shocked to hear of Brooke's illness. It hit very close to home for me since I have an enlarged thyroid with goiters on it etc. I've been through the whole battery of tests, biopsies etc., for the past four years, but thankfully no cancer. Since I've opted not to have the surgery, my EMT monitors it every six months to make sure nothing has changed.

I can relate to what she said about having the needles stuck in her neck...I went through the same thing, having them syringing "stuff" out of my neck to test. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant experience at all.

I wish Brooke all the very best and a speedy recovery.
    Prayers for you too BSL
    bee stung lips and mesachick like this.

Me too Bee, so sorry you are having to go through this as well and wish you all the best and hope you will not have to have the surgery. I am so sorry to hear this news from Brooke. What a jolting thing to be told. I am a nurse and have in the past been in the operating room when the surgery was done on a patient, it's pretty brutal, that thing is really stuck in there and takes a while to get out, it has lots of tentacles, I am sure it is painful for a while afterwards. I wonder if she will have the surgery right away or has the option to wait until this season is over of if she wants to. ... I also have thyroid disease and anemia. I recently had to have an all day 6 hour iron infusion because I was so anemic. But since then feel amazing! I'm still fairly young so that helped. Doc says maybe will only have to have two times a year!

She mentioned the big scar she will have. I am sure the thought of having such a large scar is hard for her with having been a model all of her life and how important her appearance is in her business, but she is so beautiful. It would be very hard to make her any less beautiful than she is today. She is probably worried so much more about the cancer as she has 4 small children. I am wishing her all the best and a quick recovery when the time comes and healing thoughts and prayers.
    bee stung lips and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Me too Bee, so sorry you are having to go through this as well and wish you all the best and hope you will not have to have the surgery. I am so sorry to hear this news from Brooke. What a jolting thing to be told. I am a nurse and have in the past been in the operating room when the surgery was done on a patient, it's pretty brutal, that thing is really stuck in there and takes a while to get out, it has lots of tentacles, I am sure it is painful for a while afterwards. I wonder if she will have the surgery right away or has the option to wait until this season is over of if she wants to. ... I also have thyroid disease and anemia. I recently had to have an all day 6 hour iron infusion because I was so anemic. But since then feel amazing! I'm still fairly young so that helped. Doc says maybe will only have to have two times a year!

She mentioned the big scar she will have. I am sure the thought of having such a large scar is hard for her with having been a model all of her life and how important her appearance is in her business, but she is so beautiful. It would be very hard to make her any less beautiful than she is today. She is probably worried so much more about the cancer as she has 4 small children. I am wishing her all the best and a quick recovery when the time comes and healing thoughts and prayers.
    Thanks so much for the well wishes Tobi and Jucamer!

I am amazed at how strong Brooke appears through this. Had she not come out with the news, no one would ever have suspected it, even though we see her on TV every week. For her to go out there every week and act like it's business as usual, when she's battling cancer, is very brave of her to say the least.
    Tobi and jucamer like this.

bee, my special thoughts and prayers are with you.

Please know that.

My thoughts and prayers are with Brooke, as well. That is one STRONG woman, to have pulled off those weeks at work, like she has, with no one the wiser.

My cousin is having thyroid issues, right now, too, so I can sympathize with the testing. etc.

I am so very sorry.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    bee, my special thoughts and prayers are with you.

Please know that.

My thoughts and prayers are with Brooke, as well. That is one STRONG woman, to have pulled off those weeks at work, like she has, with no one the wiser.

My cousin is having thyroid issues, right now, too, so I can sympathize with the testing. etc.

I am so very sorry.
    Aww...thank you. All the best to your cousin as well.

I wonder if they mentioned anything to Brooke about the possibility of her losing her voice, post-op. The The most important thing is that they get rid of the cancer, of course. However, in my case, the EMT suggested to me that I could get my thyroid removed as a safety precaution. But since everything with my thyroid thus far has turned out benign one of the reasons I opted not to have the surgery is because I was told that there's a very small chance I could lose my voice. Since I sing, the thought of that happening is horrifying to me. The scar on the front of my neck, not so much. But the voice thing...another whole story. God forbid that anything would turn up on my tests, but if it did, worrying about losing my voice wouldn't matter a smidgen to me as health obviously comes first.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 11-09-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    ness and jucamer like this.

Good thoughts for you BSL . I hope you are able to keep singing, we need more music.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Good thoughts for you BSL . I hope you are able to keep singing, we need more music.
    Thank you Fanny Mare.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I had a co-worker to got a cancerous tumor in her thyroid. She had it treated with radiation so she didn't get a scar on her neck. Maybe they caught hers sooner than Brooke caught hers, or she opted for radiation to try to avoid a scar. She doesn't work here anymore but I assume she's doing ok.

My sister was also having trouble with her thyroid for a while. She didn't go into details with me about how she had it treated.

I feel for anyone dealing with any type of cancer. It's a scary thing to deal with, not just for the patient but for everyone who loves them.

+ Reply to Thread